• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is getting a factory unlocked phone not going to do it? It does exactly what you want it to do.

you cant use those on CDMA networks like sprint i believe. or you can but not all the bands are compatible or something like that.

Why is getting a factory unlocked phone not going to do it? It does exactly what you want it to do.

you cant use those on CDMA networks like sprint i believe. or you can but not all the bands are compatible or something like that.
exactly ... I dont know about the connectivity but stuff like LTE and some freqz aren't going to work.

What I'm saying is for the FCC to mandate that all phones be factory unlock andfor the phone to work the same thru out all the carriers ... Not just certain options or modding/flashing

I hate how america runs the cell phone industry.

The FCC should mandate all cell phone carriers to make the phones able to work with all cell phone providers.

It's unfair for the consumer to flat out by a phone and be stuck with that carrier if he wants to change at a later time.

So a carrier like Verizon or Sprint should have to pay to put an antenna in a device that doesn't even work on their network?

So a carrier like Verizon or Sprint should have to pay to put an antenna in a device that doesn't even work on their network?
why would the cell phone companies have to do that? That should come straight from the manufacturer. Hence the FCC should get involved and make it mandatory for the manufactors to make their phones factory unlocked ... I mean what's your question or was you trying to check me?

PS I see what I wrote .. My bad I meant manufacturer not carriers.

Last edited:
why would the cell phone companies have to do that? That should come straight from the manufacturer. Hence the FCC should get involved and make it mandatory for the manufactors to make their phones factory unlocked ... I mean what's your question or was you trying to check me?

So Samsung should eat the cost?

You keep saying factory unlocked but the bands for each carrier are different.

Why should Samsung have to pay to put all band in each phone?

To appeal to the 1% of consumers that actually care about something like this?

Last edited:

why should the consumer have to buy multiple cell phones if they don't like their services? You act like this shot cost a lot of money ... They have everything already .. They just choose to not put it in.

Not sure what's so hard to understand .... I guess they gonna go bankruptcy

Smh

why should the consumer have to buy multiple cell phones if they don't like their services? You act like this shot cost a lot of money ... They have everything already .. They just choose to not put it in.

Not sure what's so hard to understand .... I guess they gonna go bankruptcy

Smh

If factory unlocked phones didn't exist I would see your point.

I just don't see the point

Its like buying a TV that only works with Dish Network and can't be used on Direct TV
Not a very good comparison, considering the TV is just a monitor and you rely on a set-top box as the receiver. You can always change your TV service and get a different set top box and keep the TV. Maybe that's why modular phones are the future. Change out the antenna on a whim. 

Not a very good comparison, considering the TV is just a monitor and you rely on a set-top box as the receiver. You can always change your TV service and get a different set top box and keep the TV. Maybe that's why modular phones are the future. Change out the antenna on a whim. 

actually i think its a perfect comparison. itd be like if you bought a direct tv sony HDTV but you wanted to switch to time warner and the tv was incompatible with time warner so youd have to sell it and buy a whole new tv that is compatible with only time warner.

Why not give the customer a bit more freedom, the only reason they don't is because of money. I don't understand why a few of you are arguing for the carriers. Adding more bands won't cost them much and I'm sure there's room on the phone for it. We're paying for a $600 device(whether it's upfront or not) so we should have the choice to do what we will with it without the need of modification or tinkering.

Last edited:
I don't think we should be buying phones from cell phone carriers either

Bingo.

That should be the argument.

But the American public is too stupid to realize these phones really cost 600+ so they believe they should get them free and don't realize they are getting raped on service.

Last edited:
I don't think we should be buying phones from cell phone carriers either

Bingo.

But the American public is too stupid to realize these phones really cost 600+ so they believe they should get them free and don't realize they are getting raped on service.

Sounds like my coworkers. "You paid $350 for your phone man? I only paid $199 for mine at Verizon"

They either don't know or don't care that the carriers charge them full price for the phones, sometimes more.

To appeal to the 1% of consumers that actually care about something like this?

Bingo.

I don't know why you are saying bingo ...

I dont even know what you are saying now.

The bottom line is that whenever you buy a phone no matter where, you should be able if you choose to connected with any carrier at whatever time without any problems what's so ever. The same phone you should be able to used throughout any carrier without loosing any functionality.

Buying it from the carrier or manufactor doesn't make any different if you are stuck using it in only a selected carrier.

I think you CAN ask carriers to unlock your phone now.
You can. They have dedicated web pages with pretty quick response times. Unlocked two phones from ATT and one from TMobile this month. Got the codes back within 24 hr's. 

i dont want 4k on my phone, thats the most useless **** ever.. just another marketing gimmick to justify a dumb high price..well not most useless ever, samsung has that eye scrolling bs, and other stuff. still tho. barely any 4k content out there now, and no1 is using their phone as their primary media device to stream ****. that is some struggle **** right there.

if im f'ing with 4k, its gonna be on a screen thats 50".

these days, smartphones are already hi res, no1 is seeing pixels like that. 4k is a waste.

patiently waiting for the update to drop on my note 4. if i don't see a performance boost all around, im going n6.

Last edited:
4k on a screen the size of most smart phones doesn't make sense to me either. But I'm all for technology expanding

Back
Top Bottom