• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you guys think about aftermarket batteries ? Just came across a 4500mah Note 4 battery without the need to put a different battery door. I figured give it a try since its only $10 bucks its REALLY tempting but i don't want my phone to blow up. Already figured if i do get it the first thing ill do is disable fast charging and only charge the phone when its completely off. Im already getting close to 6 hours SOT with ARCADIA Lollipop ROM and i can't imagine how much ill get with a 4500mah battery powering it.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]KingFoam, I'd try it my dude, but like you said I'd test it with controlled parameters like you are doing...then if it shows stability with the controlled settings I would test out stuff like fast charging. Admittedly it's somewhat of a risk, but you can mitigate that somewhat by slowly testing it out./COLOR]

Lemme save you some time: the vast majority of after-market non-OEM batteries do NOT have the capacity that they claim, and ALL of the cheap-o Chinese ones you'll find on ebay do not have anywhere near the capacity that they claim. They're still worth it for the price and convenience though as some will actually hold up pretty well and near-OEM levels at a fraction of the cost.

I haven't purchased replacement batteries since the galaxy nexus and galaxy 3, but the only brand that seemed quality was Anker. Those 3 knock-off red batteries and a charger all for like $10 for my Evo were nice though :smokin

I used to always carry a spare battery with me when I had a Galaxy Nexus :pimp:.

That feeling of just popping it in and having 100% battery was great.

Last edited:
I used to always carry a spare battery with me when I had a Galaxy Nexus :pimp:.

A lot of people who complain about people who complain about sealed batteries don't know this feeling.

I would really love for manufacturers to make hot-swappable batteries. That'd be dope. Phone would never actually have to turn off when switching battery packs.

Whats the average life of a battery before it starts to perform worse?

Every phone I've had the battery life had started to take a noticeable dip after 6-9 months. And that's with using the OEM charger.

What do you guys think about aftermarket batteries ? Just came across a 4500mah Note 4 battery without the need to put a different battery door. I figured give it a try since its only $10 bucks its REALLY tempting but i don't want my phone to blow up. Already figured if i do get it the first thing ill do is disable fast charging and only charge the phone when its completely off. Im already getting close to 6 hours SOT with ARCADIA Lollipop ROM and i can't imagine how much ill get with a 4500mah battery powering it.

If its on amazon.I just read all the reviews and ratings to see if its good

A lot of people who complain about people who complain about sealed batteries don't know this feeling.

I would really love for manufacturers to make hot-swappable batteries. That'd be dope. Phone would never actually have to turn off when switching battery packs.

I hear you, they stay mentioning quick charging and multiple chargers, but what quick charger takes you from 0% to 100% in a matter of seconds? Until battery life becomes better I don't see a better solution to a dying battery

My fellow Android brothers

[COLOR=#red]I know the feeling of having a spare to perform a quick change. However I'm prepared to adapt to change since it seems the industry is leaning more towards sealed batteries.

My fellow Android brothers

[COLOR=#red]I know the feeling of having a spare to perform a quick change. However I'm prepared to adapt to change since it seems the industry is leaning more towards sealed batteries.

My Samsung bro, I am not in favor of the direction the industry is moving. Unnecessary pixels that drain the batteries of phones that are taking away the tools we had to combat the batteries inadequacies. I am deeply troubled by this as a man who is in the market for a new phone and seeing the number of flagships with the features I want decrease

I wanna use a lollipop rom but apparently the battery life isn't the best. I'm on Arcadia with at least 5.5 hours sot

I see ppl saying they're getting 3 hours after the update/flash

Android Wear users...

How have things been treating you lately? Batteries holding up? Are you finding your watches to be useful or just kind of a luxury?

Got a question I hope someone can answer. Im trying to use Netflix USA via the Hola app. And it allows me to watch anything on the USA catalogue on my phone, but as soon as I try cast it to my chromecast my tv comes up saying it cant play it (assuming because it knows im not in USA) I even opened chromecast via hola app USA as well and didn't work... How can I get it to cast?

My Samsung bro, I am not in favor of the direction the industry is moving. Unnecessary pixels that drain the batteries of phones that are taking away the tools we had to combat the batteries inadequacies. I am deeply troubled by this as a man who is in the market for a new phone and seeing the number of flagships with the features I want decrease
Note 4's screen is more energy efficient that the Note 3's and its Quad HD compared to Full HD. The innovation is still there regardless of pixel density

^^^^^ try casting the screen to Chromecast. From there it just be a mirror image from you phone to the TV screen once the movie starts playing it will revert to landscape ... Draw back will be you can't do **** with your phone and the phone will have to be on the entire time.

^^^^^ try casting the screen to Chromecast. From there it just be a mirror image from you phone to the TV screen once the movie starts playing it will revert to landscape ... Draw back will be you can't do **** with your phone and the phone will have to be on the entire time.
Thanks man, I don't think that's something I could deal with.... but I might try. How can I cast my screen?

Last edited:
Is there a safe way to root Verizon Galaxy S5 on 5.0 yet? I want to try different ROMs like everyone talks about but have only used stock touchwiz so far. Would like to learn more about this :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom