• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a safe way to root Verizon Galaxy S5 on 5.0 yet? I want to try different ROMs like everyone talks about but have only used stock touchwiz so far. Would like to learn more about this
nerd.gif
You can root, but you won't be able to unlock the bootloader as far as I know, which means you'll be stuck on the stock ROM. Although if I remember correctly, people have used different ones by using SafeStrap. No idea how to use it or what it does though. 

Anyone preorder that Alcatel Idol 3?   Kinda kicking myself for not doing it when it was 199 haha.     Would make a great back up/change of pace phone.

Swiftkey has a new keyboard called Clarity Keyboard Beta that corrects whole phrases. Still a work in progress though...

Yeah, it looks interesting.. I might wait until it's more stable, though.

And Textra will now have an ad-supported free version and a pay version. Pretty sure it'll only be 1 dollar to purchase so I'll gladly do that considering how long I've used the app for free.

I will absolutely be paying for the "pro" version of Textra, especially at just $1. I've never seen a dev(s?) as active as they are with an app as popular as it is.

LG G4 looks good, it better run good. Screen looks bright compared to the S6 and it still has expandable memory and battery removal. Camera is supposedly really good too. It had snapdragon 808 which keeps temps down so all cores can run simultaneously without throttling itself like the Flex and M9.

Can't go on Niketalk on the phone no more. Says it does not exist.. Started yesterday.

Is anyone on t mobile experiencing this or is it something I gotta tweak/fix on my phone.

so far lollipop on note 4 is a massive speed boost. where it should've been from the getgo. menus are cleaner, easier to read. its def a huge step in the right direction.

maps was really bad on kit kat. took forever to load. now is about as fast as a nexus.

some things are still wonky. on nexus lock screen, if u got a text, u could double tap notification to go str8 to message, but not so with note 4. i think that really stupid.

for some reason the wallpaper menu samsung built doesn't play with google + photos, so if u want the lock screen and home screen to have the same image you have to download from google plus, then set it. also you can't disable the lock screen wallpaper. if they are gonna make it separate options, at least give the option to disable it. or add google plus connectivity.

idk, otherwise the update is much appreciated. camera works flawlessly. its all good.
uninstalled textra, since they are gonna have ads now.

Last edited:
LG G4 looks good, it better run good. Screen looks bright compared to the S6 and it still has expandable memory and battery removal. Camera is supposedly really good too. It had snapdragon 808 which keeps temps down so all cores can run simultaneously without throttling itself like the Flex and M9.
Display is supposedly more colour accurate than the S6. We'll see. 4K display rather than QuadHD, looks like battery life is going to be on par with the other flagships of this year (a bad thing). No Quick Charging capabilities as far as I know. Sigh. 

NT workin again 8)

Got lollipop update a little over a week ago for my SonyZU. Battery seems to die faster. It was buggy at first, not anymore. Camera got better. I think I need to root or something because other guys in Xda were getting 5-6 hours OST

I'm really digging the new look though of lollipop on the phone :smokin :smokin

Last edited:
Thanks man, I don't think that's something I could deal with.... but I might try. How can I cast my screen?
below are some steps ....

First Download the Chromecast app.

Then hit the drop down menu within the app on the left and select cast to screen

If you have everything setup correctly you will see the following screen trying to connect shortly followed by you screen mirroring what you are doing on the phone

So what are everyone's thoughts on the LG G4 so far?

Would definitely cop it. Camera seems legit. Not a fan of LG's UI but at least it isn't egregious like TW. I think the leather back is cool; offers a premium feel while it doesn't ditch the removable battery/SD card slot for a metal unibody like the S6/M9. Concerned about the battery life though.

I find it interesting that Android phones were always knocked for their camera quality, but if it all checks out, they might have two flagships (S6 and G4) with better cameras than the iPhone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom