• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it should be in the market, thats where i got it from try searching 'minimalistic text'

Spoiler [+]
5242318352_fc11061e15.jpg
Teaser
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

Originally Posted by RoOk

About to root my Droid X...Can anybody tell me whats the best root to do for it & steps on how to root it correctly

Also need help rooting Droid X.
http://This should help

I went there and started to follow the steps but there are no usb drivers in the SDK for windows... when i hit doobat to root, it always says adb not recognized at each step... it then says i'm rooted but i'm really not

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by Memp2Atl85

Originally Posted by RoOk

About to root my Droid X...Can anybody tell me whats the best root to do for it & steps on how to root it correctly

Also need help rooting Droid X.
http://This should help

I went there and started to follow the steps but there are no usb drivers in the SDK for windows... when i hit doobat to root, it always says adb not recognized at each step... it then says i'm rooted but i'm really not

[h1]Andy Rubin Gives Glimpse of Android 3.0 Honeycomb[/h1]
File under: News

By: Joe Levi | 4:18 PM 7-Dec-10 | 6 Comments

androidhoneycomb.jpg

Earlier this morning we told you about Andy Rubin (Google's Vice President of Engineering) giving us a little sneak peek into Android Honeycomb while previewing the not-yet-available Google Maps 5 on a tablet at the D: Dive Into Mobile event.

While many were being mesmerized with the new 3D imagery in Google Maps, the fact that buildings will be vector-based, and the long-awaited offline-storage capabilities, developers were taking hurried notes of the nuts and bolts of what Mr. Rubin was describing. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, what did we first see in the video?

New Unlock Screen

Taking advantage of the larger screen of a tablet, Google has reworked the traditional "side to unlock" feature of the lockscreen to be a lock inside a circle. The circle is invisible until you tap and drag on the lock. As soon as the lock is moved outside the circle, the device unlocks.

lockscreen.jpg

Video Chat

Although Rubin didn't got into any detail, when he unlocked the tablet his Google Talk (or Google Chat) app was shown, complete with "video icons". He brushed this off quickly, saying "with video icons, which I should get rid of. Well, there you go. Proven." This seems to imply that video chat will be available in Honeycomb.

videochat.jpg

3D Enhancements

Rubin spent a good deal of time showing off Google Maps 5 which will bring 3D vector images to the Google Maps app that we all know and love. Luckily we won't have to wait long for this. Google Maps 5 should be available for current Android-powered cell phones "in a matter of days". Back on point, Honeycomb will carry on the Gingerbread torch by pushing the 3D envelope, taking advantage of the Graphics Processing Units that are starting to show up in current Android-powered devices.

maps.jpg

Apps: Write Once, Use on Many Platforms

Rubin downplayed the dreaded word "fragmentation", and possibly poked fun at. Rather than requiring developers to write a different app to target tablets (versus cell phones), Rubin said developers would use something he called "fragments" to break up the way content is displayed. On phones information would be page after page, like we have now. On tablets, apps like Gmail and Chat can display content side-by-side to take advantage of the bigger display. He got cut off before he was able to go into detail about Google TV, but implied that the same "fragment" methodology would be used on that platform for the 10-foot view as well.

gmail.jpg

Buttonless

Rubin was quick to point out a feature of the tablet he was demoing: no buttons. This will likely be left up to the device manufacturer, but it's a novel idea to have a table that is ONLY a touch-screen, with no physical buttons, not even one "menu" or "action" button as seen on the iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone.

What Did I Miss?

I've been through the video a dozen times so far, but I'm sure I overlooked something. What can you find in the video that I missed? Comment below!

http://pocketnow.com/andr...-of-android-30-honeycomb

[h1]Andy Rubin Gives Glimpse of Android 3.0 Honeycomb[/h1]
File under: News

By: Joe Levi | 4:18 PM 7-Dec-10 | 6 Comments

androidhoneycomb.jpg

Earlier this morning we told you about Andy Rubin (Google's Vice President of Engineering) giving us a little sneak peek into Android Honeycomb while previewing the not-yet-available Google Maps 5 on a tablet at the D: Dive Into Mobile event.

While many were being mesmerized with the new 3D imagery in Google Maps, the fact that buildings will be vector-based, and the long-awaited offline-storage capabilities, developers were taking hurried notes of the nuts and bolts of what Mr. Rubin was describing. But let's not get ahead of ourselves, what did we first see in the video?

New Unlock Screen

Taking advantage of the larger screen of a tablet, Google has reworked the traditional "side to unlock" feature of the lockscreen to be a lock inside a circle. The circle is invisible until you tap and drag on the lock. As soon as the lock is moved outside the circle, the device unlocks.

lockscreen.jpg

Video Chat

Although Rubin didn't got into any detail, when he unlocked the tablet his Google Talk (or Google Chat) app was shown, complete with "video icons". He brushed this off quickly, saying "with video icons, which I should get rid of. Well, there you go. Proven." This seems to imply that video chat will be available in Honeycomb.

videochat.jpg

3D Enhancements

Rubin spent a good deal of time showing off Google Maps 5 which will bring 3D vector images to the Google Maps app that we all know and love. Luckily we won't have to wait long for this. Google Maps 5 should be available for current Android-powered cell phones "in a matter of days". Back on point, Honeycomb will carry on the Gingerbread torch by pushing the 3D envelope, taking advantage of the Graphics Processing Units that are starting to show up in current Android-powered devices.

maps.jpg

Apps: Write Once, Use on Many Platforms

Rubin downplayed the dreaded word "fragmentation", and possibly poked fun at. Rather than requiring developers to write a different app to target tablets (versus cell phones), Rubin said developers would use something he called "fragments" to break up the way content is displayed. On phones information would be page after page, like we have now. On tablets, apps like Gmail and Chat can display content side-by-side to take advantage of the bigger display. He got cut off before he was able to go into detail about Google TV, but implied that the same "fragment" methodology would be used on that platform for the 10-foot view as well.

gmail.jpg

Buttonless

Rubin was quick to point out a feature of the tablet he was demoing: no buttons. This will likely be left up to the device manufacturer, but it's a novel idea to have a table that is ONLY a touch-screen, with no physical buttons, not even one "menu" or "action" button as seen on the iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone.

What Did I Miss?

I've been through the video a dozen times so far, but I'm sure I overlooked something. What can you find in the video that I missed? Comment below!

http://pocketnow.com/andr...-of-android-30-honeycomb

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Just rooted my G2 and now I`m running Cyanogenmod 6, what the hell is there to do next?!?!?
What are some differences with this rom from the stock one?

they took all of the Google bloatwear, primarily,  I rooted it and flashed it literally the night I got it so I cant even speak on the comparison performance wise, with the stock Rom

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Just rooted my G2 and now I`m running Cyanogenmod 6, what the hell is there to do next?!?!?
What are some differences with this rom from the stock one?

they took all of the Google bloatwear, primarily,  I rooted it and flashed it literally the night I got it so I cant even speak on the comparison performance wise, with the stock Rom

Since I'm rooted what the he'll am I supposed to do since there's an update dropping for the droid x tonight.

Since I'm rooted what the he'll am I supposed to do since there's an update dropping for the droid x tonight.

Back
Top Bottom