Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Done Deal.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheRoyalAirness27

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I need your help you guys. I need a new phone and the two I'm looking at right now are the Samsung Captivate and the Sony Xperia X10. I was leaning toward the Xperia, but i wanted to know if there is anyway to upgrade the 1.6 software to the 2.1-2.2 software.

Also, which one would you guys recommend?

I thought about the Xeria X10 too but in the end I ended up with the more familiar Captivate. The X10 has a better camera with led flash but it wasn't a factor for me to decide on the other.

so its not possible to get the 2.1 software onto the x10?
i really liked how the x10 felt as opposed to the clunky feel of the Captivate
The update is gonna be available it just takes time.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

I need your help you guys. I need a new phone and the two I'm looking at right now are the Samsung Captivate and the Sony Xperia X10. I was leaning toward the Xperia, but i wanted to know if there is anyway to upgrade the 1.6 software to the 2.1-2.2 software.

Also, which one would you guys recommend?

I thought about the Xeria X10 too but in the end I ended up with the more familiar Captivate. The X10 has a better camera with led flash but it wasn't a factor for me to decide on the other.

so its not possible to get the 2.1 software onto the x10?
i really liked how the x10 felt as opposed to the clunky feel of the Captivate
The update is gonna be available it just takes time.

Apparently the OTA Froyo for the EVO is rooted. I looked at the process real quick and it wasnt exactly 1 click. I may wait on it since all I really wanna do right now is underclock the phone when the screen is off so to save a little battery. I dont really know all the benefits of root (if someone wants to break it down that would be nice)

Heres the link. If you guys try it out let me know how it goes. I wont be able to try till I get out of work later.

http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=765496

Apparently the OTA Froyo for the EVO is rooted. I looked at the process real quick and it wasnt exactly 1 click. I may wait on it since all I really wanna do right now is underclock the phone when the screen is off so to save a little battery. I dont really know all the benefits of root (if someone wants to break it down that would be nice)

Heres the link. If you guys try it out let me know how it goes. I wont be able to try till I get out of work later.

Checking the articles about the G2... joint seems like its gonna be BEASTY!!
Btw go a text from T-Mobile yesterday about the HSPA upgrade in my area and every since then my Vibrant been FLASH as if it wasn't fast enough already. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Checking the articles about the G2... joint seems like its gonna be BEASTY!!
Btw go a text from T-Mobile yesterday about the HSPA upgrade in my area and every since then my Vibrant been FLASH as if it wasn't fast enough already. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Anybody here try it yet?
eek.gif

Anybody here try it yet?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Is there any way I can change my status bar without being rooted? Like the color of it?
Nah. I guess thats another benefit as far as unlimited customization. Im pretty good with computers and phones so I may give it a shot on the root later. But I got a feeling, now that they know the exploits they may be able to find an easier way.

But then again it took em this long to find one, it may take a complicated process just to get the Evo rooted. Who knows.

Originally Posted by Crazy EBW

Is there any way I can change my status bar without being rooted? Like the color of it?
Nah. I guess thats another benefit as far as unlimited customization. Im pretty good with computers and phones so I may give it a shot on the root later. But I got a feeling, now that they know the exploits they may be able to find an easier way.

But then again it took em this long to find one, it may take a complicated process just to get the Evo rooted. Who knows.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Anybody here try it yet?
eek.gif

Naa...I'm gonna wait for unrevoked to don't it.This doesn't root 2.2 it just takes you to 2.1 so you can root

Anybody here try it yet?
eek.gif

Naa...I'm gonna wait for unrevoked to don't it.This doesn't root 2.2 it just takes you to 2.1 so you can root

EDIT: Bored, changed the icons and added a dock.

4928423841_72f6a31957.jpg
Just got an X.  How do you get it show "thirty five charging"?

I searched and found a battery left widget but I like yours better.

EDIT: Bored, changed the icons and added a dock.

4928423841_72f6a31957.jpg
Just got an X.  How do you get it show "thirty five charging"?

I searched and found a battery left widget but I like yours better.

Back
Top Bottom