• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's so special about iMessage? I've only had androids so I never understood what iMessage has that's so special?

Just a very seamless experience.

Group chats.

Messaging on Macbook.

Uses data/wifi

Last edited:
What's so special about iMessage? I've only had androids so I never understood what iMessage has that's so special?

I have an iPhone, and in my opinion there isn't anything special about it. Downloading a chat app isn't hard, and it's cheaper than buying an iPhone just for blue bubbles

My mom lives in Thailand I can text and FaceTime her over the internet. FaceTime audio makes voice calls hd too. As much as I love android the messaging system is garbage.

im starting to get the android itch. I'm really contemplating that nexus 6p but I don't want to own two phones. Getting tired of this iPhone and need something new.

Groupme >>>
That's 3rd party that requires everyone you talk to to dl..imessage is just there and it's good

But you have to buy an iPhone to use imessage, isn't downloading a 3rd party app easier than that?

spending $800>>>>> downloading a free app
It's not just you that needs to dl the app...every single person on your contact list does because the stock messenger is cheeks on androids. For imessage it's not that it's the greatest text client ever it's just that everybody already has it without having to download anything.

Android does a lot of things better. But texting...the thing that everybody does and everybody does a whole lot of...iOS is king.

Last edited:
Isn't really Google that's preventing me from getting these videos in non Motorola Razr quality?

Groupme >>>
That's 3rd party that requires everyone you talk to to dl..imessage is just there and it's good

But you have to buy an iPhone to use imessage, isn't downloading a 3rd party app easier than that?

spending $800>>>>> downloading a free app
It's not just you that needs to dl the app...every single person on your contact list does because the stock messenger is cheeks on androids. For imessage it's not that it's the greatest text client ever it's just that everybody already has it without having to download anything.

Android does a lot of things better. But texting...the thing that everybody does and everybody does a whole lot of...iOS is king.

But for imessage to work, everyone in your contact list has to have an iPhone (which for a lot of us might be reality :lol:). Im sorry to keep harping on this point, and I'll stop after this, but I think we give imessage too much credit as Android enthusiasts. If you're not messaging someone else with an iPhone, it's the same slow SMS. Sure it works, but only with a chunk of your contact list. What do you do for the rest of them?

That's why I hope RCS becomes a reality in the near future. Cross platform availability and has the functionality of a chat app. SMS has outlasted it's usefulness to me

Those of you with the 6p what cases you guys recommend? I've been using the carbon fiber spigen since it came out, so its done its job.

Looking for something bulkier and more protective.

I noticed that I'm getting worse battery life with my replacement s7 edge than with my previous defective one. Screen on time went from 5 1/2+ hours to barely 3.

Also, I'm only getting the 4g icon on my service bar and not lte. I'm not sure if this phone only displays 4g and not lte.

Can anyone with a tmobile gs7 edge confirm this?

Isn't 4G LTE? My T-mo S7E displays "LTE" right below 4G on the status bar icon

Update your software if you haven't already

Last edited:
At least on AT&T, there is a difference between 4G and LTE. Usually when my phone says 4G, it means I'm in a poor signal area. 3G and below i don't even attempt to use

Back
Top Bottom