Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mamba and King Foam,

I have a s6 edge plus and I'm thinking about paying Verizon the remaining balance to get the note 7. Do you guys think it's worth it or should I wait? I respect everyone's opinion in here but you two seem to get the new Samsung phones every year.

To me it depends on how much you have left on your EIP. The devices are similarly specced but the Note definitely has the better software. The S7 will get the new TouchWiz but who knows when and of course that's gonna be without the spen features. My opinion is if you have to come out of pocket more than $50 after trade in for the note 7 hold on to it till it's paid off then sell it.

To me it depends on how much you have left on your EIP. The devices are similarly specced but the Note definitely has the better software. The S7 will get the new TouchWiz but who knows when and of course that's gonna be without the spen features. My opinion is if you have to come out of pocket more than $50 after trade in for the note 7 hold on to it till it's paid off then sell it.

Thank you so much for your help.

Lots of people playing the chase the technology game I see. I remember the Note2 got the same amount of hype this phone
is getting. Only a year later to be left for dead and no upgrades :rofl:. Good luck! I'll be on swappa copping a V10 or note5
on the super low.

Samsung stops up-grading the phone after a year >> Developers stop caring about the device>> New device drops... The
cellphone life-cycle.

Last edited:
Lots of people playing the chase the technology game I see. I remember the Note2 got the same amount of hype this phone
is getting. Only a year later to be left for dead and no upgrades :rofl:. Good luck! I'll be on swappa copping a V10 or note5
on the super low.

Samsung stops up-grading the phone after a year >> Developers stop caring about the device>> New device drops... The
cellphone life-cycle.

Right :lol: That's why I just try and stick w/ a Nexus, all I need is the quick updates. Hell, I'd still have my Nexus 5 if I had 32gb in it.

Maybe I'm tripping, but when I hear 'launch', I'm thinking the phone is releasing. I'm thinking they're referring to a debut.

Maybe I'm tripping, but when I hear 'launch', I'm thinking the phone is releasing. I'm thinking they're referring to a debut.

I get confused by the terms also. I think launch is just the media hype hands on testing type of situation?

On a side note I researched the Jump on Demand that t-mobile offers. It's really the same type of payment situation
but your stuck in a 18-month contract with them until a phone is paid off. You can switch 3 times a year but each time
you switch it resets the contract period.:lol:. I might be mistaken but don't phones usual cost way more inside of a
store like say T-mobile? I walked into a store yesterday and checked the price of the LGG4 and it was still full
retail.

Last edited:
I get confused by the terms also. I think launch is just the media hype hands on testing type of situation?

On a side note I researched the Jump on Demand that t-mobile offers. It's really the same type of payment situation
but your stuck in a 18-month contract with them until a phone is paid off. You can switch 3 times a year but each time
you switch it resets the contract period.:lol:. I might be mistaken but don't phones usual cost way more inside of a
store like say T-mobile? I walked into a store yesterday and checked the price of the LGG4 and it was still full
retail.

JOD is the biggest scam out

JOD isn't a terrible deal if you actually want and use it the 3 times a year they allow. Me personally, I'd rather buy a phone off Swappa and keep it for a year or two before selling it and getting the newest best thing.

on the super low.

cellphone life-cycle.

Agree with this, while the note 7 looks dope and it's feature rich, I'm not fooled with Samsung phones. Folks just like to have the newest shiniest phone and I can't knock'em for it, but I can't justify the one year cycle with these phones.

September 6 launch for LG V20.
First phone running Android 7.0 Nougat out the box? Interesting.

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-v20-renders-features-708851/
LG set the bar too high with the V10.

Nougat won't save the phone for people like me.

Obviously they haven't released all the info yet but based on the rumors the successor to the v10 will be making compromises on reasons i like (and am still using my v10) .

Here's my take based on rumors so far.

BAD

1) they ditched the robust rubberized form factor. Deal breaker #1. I like that my phone was a tank. If I wanted sleek (slippery) sophisticated fragility I would've bought a galaxy. I liked not using a case.

2) They didn't upgrade the RAM. Is 4 gigs overkill already? maybe. But if I'm upgrading from the v10, I'm UPgrading from the v10.

3) They didn't update the screen resolution. We will see how they stack up against the competitors slightly crispier displays.

4) No more dual front facing camera... downgrade.

5) They moved the volume buttons off the back. WHY? Consistency is part of keeping loyal fans. I thought it was weird at first but I fully made the adjustment. Now its back on the side so its harder to change volume in my pocket.

6) Battery size is only a modest bump. Not the 4000 that most wanted. Once again if im switching phones after only 10mos then UPGRADE it to the max

7) We will see if they retain the quirks like hifi audio, IR blaster, etc.. My gut tells me something is going missing.

GOOD

Nougat

SnapDragon 820

dual back cam lens

If they would've upgraded to usb type c, 4000 battery, 820 chip and crisped up the camera and screen, keeping everything else the same I would've bought it. If they trew in a pen, everyone would have bought it. 

I liked the V10 because it offered something very different from the G4. Looks like the V20 will take a significant chunk of its design language from the G5.

v20 should be 6 inches instead of 5.75

v10 is still a monster. can easily compete with any of the new samsung phones. there's probably lots of them out there still at a good price

The Note 5 and 4 are both receiving marshmallow updates. They just take forever

Wonder how they'll run after the update.

Ive been waiting n waiting. My note 4 will randomly restart every now n then. And as of late once my battery hits 30% its a wrap, next thing i know im down to 10% just from hitting the home buttom. When it gives that alert of low battery automatically drops to 1%

Im in for the new Note 7 though i just dont like that they got rid of the 2 year deals. I dont like this montly bull, and im not shellin out $800 upfront for a phone. Also gonna give the iphone pro a go when its out just i like i did with the 6Plus when it came out before going with the Note 4

My Note 5 got the Marshmallow update like a month and change ago. It's cool but my battery is still horrendous. It'll literally go down to 50% after and hour and a half of moderate use

Note 7 lookin' pretty dope

Ooo that "secured folder" with iris lock gon change the game

Mia Malkova all up in your face :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Mia Mia Mia :nthat:

^ tempered glass screen protectors can protect from scratches and minor cracks.

Nah forget all that tempered glass n adding an extra .5" laying to the screen.

Hit up ebay and grab you one of the Xtreme Guard films. Been using those on my last 4 phones and only have to use 1 for the length of time i have the phone. No cracks, no scratches, no worries. I drop my phone quite often, more than I thought i ever would but seems i get a lil more clumsy each yr i get older.

I go naked and with a case regularly and never have any issues with just the film. Comes with a front and a back

Back
Top Bottom