• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
:smh: so looks like I may not be getting mine until Friday either. No update at all from yesterday :stoneface:

mean.gif
so looks like I may not be getting mine until Friday either. No update at all from yesterday
indifferent.gif
T-Mobile?

Mine has been in the "Ready for UPS" status since Saturday.

Yeah if all of your friends have iPhones it's tough to switch to Android. I was only able to do it because I use my MacBook at work (and home, obviously) and it has iMessage on it. I'm in multiple iMessage group texts which are very active, and they wouldn't be nearly as smooth if they were normal MMS group texts.

Last edited:
Got charged last night but still no changes in shipping [emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji]

Yeah if all of your friends have iPhones it's tough to switch to Android. I was only able to do it because I use my MacBook at work (and home, obviously) and it has iMessage on it. I'm in multiple iMessage group texts which are very active, and they wouldn't be nearly as smooth if they were normal MMS group texts.
Now that I think about it, I'm the only one with an android phone in all of my group chats. They must hate me lol. It's still #NexusGang tho
pimp.gif

Anyone give Duo a try yet?

I've made two calls with it. Me on data while both of them were on their wi-fi, one at work and one at home. Both calls were very smooth and the video was great as well. At the beginning of each call, there was a little stutter, but a few mins in everything was smooth. I'm liking it so far. It's much more stable than Hangouts IMO off of the two I made.

MMS group chats :x :smh:
iMessage group chats :x (but miles better than MMS)

WhatsApp and FB messenger chats >>>>

Also downloaded Duo and went through my contact list, out of about 300 contacts (~13 that I message daily) nobody has it installed :lol:

MMS group chats :x :smh:
iMessage group chats :x (but miles better than MMS)

WhatsApp and FB messenger chats >>>>
I've never used WhatsApp or FB Messenger so I'm not sure what features they have, but what's so :x about iMessage? They use the internet rather than your cell signal, you can send images/videos/GIFs flawlessly, you can add/remove people from the chat at any time, you can name the chats, you can view a history of all attachments sent in the chat to easily re-download them, etc. :lol:

Aside from allowing non-Apple devices, I can't think of a way to make them better besides maybe showing who's typing, although that could get a bit annoying in larger chats.

Last edited:
Also downloaded Duo and went through my contact list, out of about 300 contacts (~13 that I message daily) nobody has it installed :lol:
lol same here.

90% chance it's another Google flop. but maybe it'll catch on.

Nah.

Word, none of my friends have it either. I have about 2-4 friends that I could convince to download it. Google's approach is interesting as well as disappointing....more so for messaging apps. I do want to see Allo take off at least, I would like a nicely integrated app but we'll see

it does bother me how google tries to release so many different apps. many people already have hangouts. why not build on that? let people connect with a phone number, google account, or email, and now you cover almost everyone.

We already use imo for video calling. Best thing Google could do is have it be cross-compatible w/ other apps

it does bother me how google tries to release so many different apps. many people already have hangouts. why not build on that? let people connect with a phone number, google account, or email, and now you cover almost everyone.

That's the million dollar question. I want Hangouts to be Android's response to iMessage, but Google has other plans.

Because Google and that would be the simple solution which Google frowns upon.
Seriously have two fists that would like to meet the faces of the geniuses getting paid X00,000 dollars a year to come up with this nonsense.

Now hangouts is only for businesses?

My mother who finally learned how to do basic texting in hangouts is now a ******* business?

**** around with Voice and see if I don't buy a ******* windows phone Google.

******* try it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom