Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
MMS group chats :x :smh:
iMessage group chats :x (but miles better than MMS)

WhatsApp and FB messenger chats >>>>

There are better apps but that is the catch, iMessage just works. 90% of people who use it don't even know that it exists :lol:

You don't have to tell anyone to download anything, to use another particular app when texting you, or explain to anyone why instant messaging is more beneficial than normal text. And it DOES have great features and looks like with iOS 10 it just got better.

I basically changes the type of interactions I can have with very basic cell phone users. Which is most of them.

Last edited:

There are better apps but that is the catch, iMessage just works. 90% of people who use it don't even know that it exists :lol:

You don't have to tell anyone to download anything, to use another particular app when texting you, or explain to anyone why instant messaging is more beneficial than normal text. And it DOES have great features and looks like with iOS 10 it just got better.
THIS. Want your friends to use WhatsApp? They have to download it.

"Why should I download that app? I can just text you off of your number."

"It's better and has more features."

"But just texting you is way easier."

"Bro can you just download the god damn app?"

"I got you I'll download it later I'm busy right now"

***App is never downloaded***

:\

With iMessage, all of that is null and void. It's already built in to the phone. You might say "Downloading and setting up an app takes a few minutes at worst", but try telling that to 15 people who already use iMessage 100 times a day without having to think about it. :lol:

Last edited:
Just preordered the Note 7 for the wife. That thing is expensive.

Shes going from a 6+ this the Note 7, apple is still a bigger phone correct?

Anyways, I hope she likes the change.

Just preordered the Note 7 for the wife. That thing is expensive.

Shes going from a 6+ this the Note 7, apple is still a bigger phone correct?

Anyways, I hope she likes the change.

Not to beat a dead horse,

But if your wife is a casual user it will be a close call.

I hope she likes it long-term.

Last edited:
Not to beat a dead horse,

But if your wife is a casual; user it will be a close call.

I hope she likes it long-term.
Shes on her phone a lot but I think we both use just the "basic" features of the phone. We're not hardcore like a lot of people.

We use the phone to text, calls, apps, surfing web etc.

So we'll see how it goes.

Shes on her phone a lot but I think we both use just the "basic" features of the phone. We're not hardcore like a lot of people.

We use the phone to text, calls, apps, surfing web etc.

So we'll see how it goes.

If she uses Facetime and iMessage (she does) then I don't know man.

This is a random example but,

I met this dude who worked at that Samsung Experience thing at Best Buy. And he was saying that the Note 5 was really easy to sell to iPhone users cause of the features etc. but a lot would return them.

And he said it was because they thought it wasn't working properly. They complained about not getting voice messages and videos coming in blurry etc :lol:

Like they didn't even know what iMessage was and thought something was wrong with their phones :lol:

It is hard to realize how nice it is until you have it and then you don't.

Last edited:
iMessage is all convenience. Can't "teach" that

If android companies could bury the hatchet to create a solid android messaging system to rival apple it'd be a glorious day

I think the limiting factor to a great messaging system in Android are the carriers. RCS needs to happen sooner than later.

Makes no sense. Google has an army of the world's best programmers and god money to go with it. They could have a polished all-in-one messaging app by next week if they wanted to do it.

The strategy that won the internet for google at the very start was simplicity. Granted, their search was better under the hood as well, but what attracted users was the simple interface.

edit: Two friends have joined Duo... It's spreading like wildfire.

I think the limiting factor to a great messaging system in Android are the carriers. RCS needs to happen sooner than later.
Agreed, RCS would be nice. But either google needs to strong-arm the carriers or come up with a different solution. Can't wait forever.

Last edited:

I basically changes the type of interactions I can have with very basic cell phone users. Which is most of them.

Can't even argue with this, you're right fam. I'm enjoying using it on my iPhone now, but it's not that deal breaking feature that would keep me on here. I see why it's different for other people though

My mother is on Duo.
Only because I sent her the link to download it. 
laugh.gif

Android's poor messaging system is the only reason it hasn't completely crushed the iPhone. iPhone does nothing better than the top of the line Galaxies, Notes, and Nexus' of the besides the most important thing in this day and age. Messaging

Android's poor messaging system is the only reason it hasn't completely crushed the iPhone. iPhone does nothing better than the top of the line Galaxies, Notes, and Nexus' of the besides the most important thing in this day and age. Messaging

So true. I'm surprised Samsung hasn't tried coming out with their own messaging app for Galaxy Devices.

I'm fiending for this phone man. This some sucka **** by Magenta and the rest, I would have just went to the store on Friday at my convenience if I knew they weren't shipping early. Now gotta wait for the clown UPS guy. 

I think that the simple phone functions are better on the iPhone all-around. Like, it isn't just iMessage IMO it is its ecosystem at the simplest level.

But I agree with everything else. It will never be as exciting, it will never have anything first, it will never take chances, and we will never have options and features like the the top of the line Android devices.

This is why I know more about Android and follow it more than the iPhone. It is just that much more exciting.

Last edited:
I'm fiending for this phone man. This some sucka **** by Magenta and the rest, I would have just went to the store on Friday at my convenience if I knew they weren't shipping early. Now gotta wait for the clown UPS guy. 

First time I've seen this with an android.

All the iphones are usually like this :smh:

Yea it doesn't make any sense, every preorder I've done from Sammy for the past 4 years I've gotten early and that's on both VZW and T-Mobile.

Back
Top Bottom