• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Android's poor messaging system is the only reason it hasn't completely crushed the iPhone. iPhone does nothing better than the top of the line Galaxies, Notes, and Nexus' of the besides the most important thing in this day and age. Messaging

iPhone has faster storage than any Android phone, that's why the 6s and 6s Plus feel faster than newer devices. Other than that and messaging I agree with you

I'm dissapointed. My email says will ship between 8/19-8/2. I really hope it means it will be here by then but I doubt it

Last edited:
Pre ordered mine should get it soon got a shipping label/tracking number . Trying the phone out of habit until the iPhone 7 comes out. All this chatter about iMessage about to make me **** around and keep my 6s. :lol:

Last edited:
Lol, imessage. I have 2 macs and 3 ipads, yet I will never have an iphone. The one, and only thing I've ever wanted from an iphone is imessage though. But remember, before imessage, there was blackberry messenger which was [emoji]128293[/emoji]. Even still, Apple couldn't leverage imessage onto the carriers until after iPhone 3. They were making too much money on text overages. My solution? I just use mighty text, so I can see my messages on Chrome, send files to phone etc. But it would be nice if FaceTime and imessage worked on Android.

iPhone has faster storage than any Android phone, that's why the 6s and 6s Plus feel faster than newer devices. Other than that and messaging I agree with you

Faster storage and all that is cool but that has nothing to do with UI speed and fluidity. My year and a half old S6 edge plus is faster than my iPhone 6s plus. With me still being able to download music and movies straight to my device with a robust file manager suite out the box. Top of the line Galaxy device with animations turned to .5 or completely off is smoking any iPhone in the quickness and speed department and it's not even close, and you don't have to be rooted or jailbroken to do so. If Google decided to make Android's messaging system closed source and kidnapped the folks who developed Textra the iPhone would be an after thought but of course that would never happen because OEM's and app developers would sue the dog crap out of Google.

Last edited:
Anyone looking for a 6p let me know if.your interested. Probably gonna off mine once I get the note 7. I can send you pictures of it

Last edited:

Faster storage and all that is cool but that has nothing to do with UI speed and fluidity. My year and a half old S6 edge plus is faster than my iPhone 6s plus. With me still being able to download music and movies straight to my device with a robust file manager suite out the box. Top of the line Galaxy device with animations turned to .5 or completely off is smoking any iPhone in the quickness and speed department and it's not even close, and you don't have to be rooted or jailbroken to do so. If Google decided to make Android's messaging system closed source and kidnapped the folks who developed Textra the iPhone would be an after thought but of course that would never happen because OEM's and app developers would sue the dog crap out of Google.
You're blind, fam..to say your s6e is faster and it's not even close shows your bias because that's not true whatsoever :lol:

I don't agree with these type of speed test but is this the type of test you're speaking of

Last edited:
Makes no sense. Google has an army of the world's best programmers and god money to go with it. They could have a polished all-in-one messaging app by next week if they wanted to do it.

The strategy that won the internet for google at the very start was simplicity. Granted, their search was better under the hood as well, but what attracted users was the simple interface.

edit: Two friends have joined Duo... It's spreading like wildfire.

I think the limiting factor to a great messaging system in Android are the carriers. RCS needs to happen sooner than later.
Agreed, RCS would be nice. But either google needs to strong-arm the carriers or come up with a different solution. Can't wait forever.

They literally can't without inviting major litigation or forfeiting major parts of their business:

It'll happen eventually. Only if and when Android becomes closed source

Not true at all, pa. Google literally can not make Android closed source without also opening themselves up for a littany of anti-trust lawsuits, especially in Russia where they are already under heavy scruntiny for "anti-competitive" practices. Google was never focused on entering the smartphone market as a major player, and their only major attempt at that was the Nexus 6. If you paid attention to the in-store sales figures for Nexus 6 devices....you know it didn't go very well for them.

Google can't really strong arm carriers, they're not the problem, OEMs are. OEMs chose to manufacture Android devices on the premise that they would be able to customize the operating system and drive consumers to their services (Samsung Pay, LG Health, HTC's Blinkfeed, etc.) This created the fragmentation issue that everyone was complaining about with Android a year or two back. Google took notice and started asking OEMs to scale it down, but they only have so much leeway. Android is open source, so if Google tries to force their hand too much, OEMs and carriers can just use the platform without their input.

Faster storage and all that is cool but that has nothing to do with UI speed and fluidity.

This is plain and simply not true. NAND storage speed is directly related to the performance (I.E. UI speed and fluidity) you'll experience with just about any Android device.

Last edited:
I said this like 4 years back and y'all Yoga Flamed me.

I said that there are way too many intermediaries between the Android platform and the consumer. Too many agendas. To many OEMS releasing too many phones too closely together. This is why Android phones have always struggled with getting timely updates and getting on the same page when it comes to certain things.

I said that it was some strange version of product cannibalism. And you guys persecuted me.

Why y'all do your boy like that?

yeah yeah explain to me why with the iPhones superior flash storage option it's still not "quicker or faster" than its high end Android counterparts. If iOS's animations are slowing it down and that's the culprit so be it because it's not "faster" like a lot proclaim it to be. Don't understand with its monster A9 chipset and low res display why it still struggles to play YouTube videos in the browser and forces u to go fullscreen while still stuttering to play even on strong wifi networks. My issue is that people aren't fair with their opinions on these said products. The iPhone excels in a few areas compared to flagship Android phones but speed is not one of them.

Last edited:
I said this like 4 years back and y'all Yoga Flamed me.

I said that there are way too many intermediaries between the Android platform and the consumer. Too many agendas. To many OEMS releasing too many phones too closely together. This is why Android phones have always struggled with getting timely updates and getting on the same page when it comes to certain things.

I said that it was some strange version of product cannibalism. And you guys persecuted me.

Why y'all do your boy like that?

At this point I really wish Android wasn't open sourced. If Google and Samsung were the only ones producing Android devices I wouldn't even be mad. Give me a nexus, galaxy, and a note every year with a unified messaging system and I'll be a happy camper.

yeah yeah explain to me why with the iPhones superior flash storage option it's still not "quicker or faster" than its high end Android counterparts. If iOS's animations are slowing it down and that's the culprit so be it because it's not "faster" like a lot proclaim it to be. Don't understand with its monster A9 chipset and low res display why it still struggles to play YouTube videos in the browser and forces u to go fullscreen while still stuttering to play even on strong wifi networks. My issue is that people aren't fair with their opinions on these said products. The iPhone excels in a few areas compared to flagship Android phones but speed is not one of them.
I don't think anyone said they're faster..I was responding to your comment about your s6e being faster and it's not even close.

Also if you're trying to watch a video wherever it is why wouldn't you want it to go Fullscreen :lol:

Last edited:
The only apps the iPhone loads faster is crossy road and subway surfers cause the android version has a extra splash screen due to then being ported over by a developer. Scrolling in the browser, opening web pages, YouTube, Instagram, all load faster and are quicker. Gonna try to get this video up for y'all later

Also if I'm in the web browser and i click a embedded video someone posts on NT let's say it's a song I like the option to listen to the song and keep browsing. My iPhone doesn't allow me to do that

Last edited:
scrolling on an iphone is painfully slow. I think it's capable of fast scrolling like on Android but for whatever reason Apple decided you shouldn't be able to flick and release.

yeah yeah , thanks for the explanation about why Google can't muscle through RCS or something similar.

At the very least though they should stop fragmenting themselves with Hangouts / Google+ / Messenger / Duo, etc.

That said, though, 90% of my apps are from Google and overall I'm still happy with Android. Where they've struggled in messaging apps, they have succeeded in the OS design and many other apps.

Only problem I have with Android is all this useless bloat apps you can't delete without rooting it. Although I know its same for Ios I don't think its nearly as bad

It needs to be Friday already :smh:

All these reviews and vids of the note7 are [emoji]128293[/emoji]

Even iVerge acknowledging the greatness.

Thing we got to remember is that thanks to Android being open-sourced, people that wouldn't be able to afford smartphones have them in their hands. I know at the flagship level it may be sometimes frustrating, but at the entry level there are millions who have benefitted from this fracturing.

Exactly. This is probably the main reason why Google made Android open source. To get the OS in the most hands possible and make the most profit off of ad revenue.

Back
Top Bottom