• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The slickdeals come up was real. Had to wait and jump through a few loops but it was well worth it. Time to pay off my 240 and cancel Verizon :pimp:

If you really pull this off, you are the real MVP

Ton of people done it already. I missed the pixel deal but got in on the Moto z and iPhone se deals. Got 2 $200 best buy gift cards out of it too.

Verizon will let you just cancel the service like that? If that's the case then a $240 Pixel is the steal of the year

The slickdeals come up was real. Had to wait and jump through a few loops but it was well worth it. Time to pay off my 240 and cancel Verizon
pimp.gif
Ton of people done it already. I missed the pixel deal but got in on the Moto z and iPhone se deals. Got 2 $200 best buy gift cards out of it too.
Verizon will let you just cancel the service like that? If that's the case then a $240 Pixel is the steal of the year
devices are purchased on a device payment plan from verizon through best buy. the plan that comes with it is month to month so technically you aren't in contract. once you pay the device off you can do what you want, you might be on the hook for a prorated month of service or blacklisted from buying phones from bestbuy/verizon on a dpp but you got your phone though.

apparently people been buying iphone 7s on contract for a dollar then canceling and paying the etf fee. ends up being like $350 for a 32gb iphone 7, not a bad deal

Wait, so you pay an upfront fee for the Pixel.

I thought regardless of whether or not you pay $0 or $200, you owe whatever is left-over($450-$650 or what have you..) once you jump ship?

The slickdeals come up was real. Had to wait and jump through a few loops but it was well worth it. Time to pay off my 240 and cancel Verizon
pimp.gif
devices are purchased on a device payment plan from verizon through best buy. the plan that comes with it is month to month so technically you aren't in contract. once you pay the device off you can do what you want, you might be on the hook for a prorated month of service or blacklisted from buying phones from bestbuy/verizon on a dpp but you got your phone though.

apparently people been buying iphone 7s on contract for a dollar then canceling and paying the etf fee. ends up being like $350 for a 32gb iphone 7, not a bad deal
I had no idea this was possible, I assumed you would be on the hook for the rest of the phone's price if you cancelled. I'll keep my eyes out for more deals like that, seems like a great way to get a brand new phone on the low 

Wait, so you pay an upfront fee for the Pixel.

I thought regardless of whether or not you pay $0 or $200, you owe whatever is left-over($450-$650 or what have you..) once you jump ship?

The phone price is actually discounted and not subsidized via bill credits, that's why the deals have been so good. Both the iPhone se and Moto z I bought was on sell for $239.

Yep, like lazy feet said the phone is simply being financed for 240. You can pay off the device and port out or cancel Verizon service and make like a bandit. Did it for Moto Z which I bought in case my Pixel didn't come. Got a nice 200 gift card out the moto deal and a 100 gift card from the pixel.

Just got nougat and am trying to turn on "Data Saver" as it helps with battery.
But Google says. Setting/data saver then turn on.
But its no where to be seen on my G5..
Help

My Google keyboard doesn't have that and it's updated. Actually it doesn't have the hold space to move the cursor either. Wtf

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/gboard/gboard-6-0-65-141378828-release/

I had no clue iOS had these features first. WTF Google

It was a separate app altogether for iOS while they merged the features into the OG Google Keyboard app for Android, which was the best option IMO. Wasn't even a long wait either.

I might have to finesse em for the Pixel XL if they make it available.

U can't do this w/ Tmobile, if you cancel service, the full amount of the phone becomes due or u have to return it :lol:

Yep, like lazy feet said the phone is simply being financed for 240. You can pay off the device and port out or cancel Verizon service and make like a bandit. Did it for Moto Z which I bought in case my Pixel didn't come. Got a nice 200 gift card out the moto deal and a 100 gift card from the pixel.
Were you able to port your old number? I wanted to jump on that deal but preferred the XL.

I'm shocked Verizon let all those people finesse them like that.

That thread had like 1000 pages and thumbs up :lol:

Were you able to port your old number? I wanted to jump on that deal but preferred the XL.

I'm shocked Verizon let all those people finesse them like that.

That thread had like 1000 pages and thumbs up :lol:

I ported a throwaway Google voice number in case things went bad. If these deals roll around again whatever you do do it IN STORE. If you do a DPP on a new line they require a port in where as in store you're just generated a new number on the spot. Porting from GV is such a headache since its considered a land line.

For example, went in last week walked out with a Moto Z and $200 GC on the spot. Payed off the Z and ported out all within an hour, verizon account closed.

Pixel, ordered on the 27th. Did ship to store since online inventory showed they didn't have stock at my best buy (which was wrong anyway since they did lol). I finally got my phone yesterday. Ported in a GV number which will probably complete in the next day or two. So till then I'm not gonna port out cause it'll be more of a mess since the GV port hasn't even completed yet.

I did the same, they future dated my activation so even though I had the phone I didn't have a Verizon account for like 5 days. Was finally able to pay off/port out a couple days ago.

On another note, this nova update legit. Has the same swipe up for app drawer as the pixel launcher

I might have to finesse em for the Pixel XL if they make it available.

U can't do this w/ Tmobile, if you cancel service, the full amount of the phone becomes due or u have to return it
laugh.gif
Even if the XL comes at $350 I'll still be trying to grab it. My wife loves my cam but she gon have to get her own

They really gonna violate and not bring this to the states? :smh:

Need to stop playing and call this tha moto x 2017.

Back
Top Bottom