• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like i may be leaving AT&T if i get a new plan.

I got this grandfathered unlimited but once i add in this stupid monthly payment deal im paying around $40 more. With that said verizon is cheaper to start over from scratch as new customer

Sucks though cuz we get a discount thru work for 11% but it doesnt apply to these new unlimited plans at&t and verizon offer

I'll make some calls and see. Bestbuy is a whole $100 for AT&T for the phone

debating on the S8 or S7E, I gotta upgrade from this S5 
laugh.gif
sick.gif

How long before the S7edge drops in price? Think I'm just gon go ahead and get that for my wife. Wanna get her a Pixel XL because I know it'll have the longevity but she aint havin it w/ that price.

Yall should've jumped on that S7E Magenta deal last month. That deal was too good to pass up if you were trying to upgrade.

Having a personal battle with myself on whether to hold out for the Note 8 or cop the S8 Plus. Lord knows this Note 5 battery is getting on my nerves.

Magenta is pissing me off with this deposit for the S8+ model. There's literally no purpose to have the Jump on Demand program anymore. Every other phone I've gotten for $0 down up front, but now they want to charge $130 cause it's a "premium" model (64GB). At least that's what the rep told me over the phone. I didn't have to pay anything going from the S7E to the Note 7 and that was 32 GB to 64 GB. Sounds like they were making stuff up. Cause when I want to go to the Note 8 assuming it comes out that deposit will be wasted. I'm hoping they do like last year and just increase the monthly payments after initially requiring a deposit for the S7E vs the S7. 

My guess is carriers are doing that kind of stuff to make up for the money they lost because of the Note 7

My guess is carriers are doing that kind of stuff to make up for the money they lost because of the Note 7

Carriers didn't lose any money from the Note 7 devices.

T-Mobile is a cash poor company and they need revenue. There is a reason they are the only ones requiring a down payment

Last edited:
Yea I was about to say no other carrier is doing that. This was the exact same thing that happened with the initial S7E pre-orders though. Hopefully enough people complain this time to get them to change it as well.

G6 is kinda whack. Bit the s7 design so hard

The camera is underwhelming. No removable battery. Yea i dont see a single reason tonget this over a s8, s7 or Pixel

Having a personal battle with myself on whether to hold out for the Note 8 or cop the S8 Plus. Lord knows this Note 5 battery is getting on my nerves.

Same thing here.

Except my Note 5 will only make calls every 4th call. It's getting frustrating.

Is the Note 8 subposed to come out this fall?

Yea I was about to say no other carrier is doing that. This was the exact same thing that happened with the initial S7E pre-orders though. Hopefully enough people complain this time to get them to change it as well.
Oh, I know Verizon is offering some sht like if you change your plan to unlimited data and trade in certain phones you can get the S8 for $15 a month

Nothing special about the g6 or s8 imo. Wonder what iPhone will bring to the table.

These phones are all the same. In 6 months iPhone will drop and everybody will be on that. As the above poster mentioned the Axon7 can do everything the flagship can do @half the price. I understand and respect the tech heads, but at this point nothing has been ground breaking.

I would like a water resistant situation on my current phone g5. Other than that I remember this phone was praised with having a godlike camera, then a few months later another flagship with a godlike camera drops.. Lol

Question on VR headsets

I'm blind in 1 eye from a paintball accident when I was young, would I even be able to use it? I'm pondering preordering the s8 and I know you get the VR free but if I can't take advantage and use it why bother

the iphone 7 is not even better than the s7 which is an older phone... i doubt the iphone 8 will be better than the s8... but supposedly the iphone will finally get amoled screen :lol:

Last edited:
Question on VR headsets

I'm blind in 1 eye from a paintball accident when I was young, would I even be able to use it? I'm pondering preordering the s8 and I know you get the VR free but if I can't take advantage and use it why bother
I think you should be good. If all the VR technologies are the same, which you'll have to confirm, the screen is split into two identical halves.

Try it out at BB or a phone store to be sure.

With the increased screen size, I wonder if I can get by with the regular S8 until the Note comes back.

Back
Top Bottom