• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My guess is carriers are doing that kind of stuff to make up for the money they lost because of the Note 7

Carriers didn't lose any money from the Note 7 devices.

T-Mobile is a cash poor company and they need revenue. There is a reason they are the only ones requiring a down payment

Tmobile is requiring a down payment because they have 24mo installment plans. VZW is losing money w/ their plan at $720, ATT is $25/mo for 30mo. All in all, it's the same price. if Tmobile didn't charge a downpayment, they'd either have to increase the monthly payment or lose money.

Tmobile is requiring a down payment because they have 24mo installment plans. VZW is losing money w/ their plan at $720, ATT is $25/mo for 30mo. All in all, it's the same price. if Tmobile didn't charge a downpayment, they'd either have to increase the monthly payment or lose money.

That's not been the case before though. JOD is 18 month payment plan. They increased the monthly regular jump and jump on demand fees by 3 bucks a month each already. I'm fine paying the extra 6 or 7 bucks per month while I actually still have the phone, but am extra 130 for something I may not even keep for a year whenever the Note 8 comes out is stupid.

My guess is carriers are doing that kind of stuff to make up for the money they lost because of the Note 7

T-Mobile is a cash poor company and they need revenue. There is a reason they are the only ones requiring a down payment

They need money now so they don't care about increasing the monthly.

Verizon isn't losing money on the device man they just are charging 30 less than anyone else.

Gotta be honest, I'm not that impressed

I'm impressed just looking at that thing man :lol:
I do hate Samsungs software though, and he way it ages

he calls it a review but he only had the phone for 1 hour lol. more like a first impression 
laugh.gif

That's not been the case before though. JOD is 18 month payment plan. They increased the monthly regular jump and jump on demand fees by 3 bucks a month each already. I'm fine paying the extra 6 or 7 bucks per month while I actually still have the phone, but am extra 130 for something I may not even keep for a year whenever the Note 8 comes out is stupid.

Things change, they might even change it to $0 down in the future but as of now, down payment required, regardless, it still equals out to $750 for the S8, not like they increased the price by $30. Most of these companies look at it as if the person is keeping the phone fort he duration of the EIP so they price accordingly.

They need money now so they don't care about increasing the monthly.

Verizon isn't losing money on the device man they just are charging 30 less than anyone else.

Verizon making that $30 in their plan pricing, don't be fooled :lol: VZW aint that noble to charge less than anyone w/ these phones.

Things change, they might even change it to $0 down in the future but as of now, down payment required, regardless, it still equals out to $750 for the S8, not like they increased the price by $30. Most of these companies look at it as if the person is keeping the phone fort he duration of the EIP so they price accordingly.
Verizon making that $30 in their plan pricing, don't be fooled :lol: VZW aint that noble to charge less than anyone w/ these phones.

I'm telling you they did the same thing with the S7E. Sneak is right, they just want their money up front. The whole incentive of the JOD plan is so you can upgrade your phone more times than once a year so what you're talking about doesn't make sense. I won't be surprised in a week or so if they take the down payment off again.

Last edited:

Im goin thru bestbuy with mine, whether i stick with at&t or switch to verizon. VZW total price comes to $715, and AT&T comes to $750 .. on their sites they charge $35 to get full retail

Verizon to pre-install a 'Spyware' app on its Android phones to collect user data

http://thehackernews.com/2017/03/verizon-appflash-evie.html

So just disable it like i do 80% of the other preload apps i dont use?

Why? I'm a usually dedicated root/custom ROM person but with the 6p I left it stock, I like the updates. Barely have had any issues.

The only thing I really root for is the music controls with the volume. Like how the blackberry could do it

I use my phone to play music in the car and at the gym. It would be a hassle if I had to unlock it to change the song u know?

Besides that I really don't customize much. Which is a surprise cause i rooted and rom'd every android phone I had

I'm telling you they did the same thing with the S7E. Sneak is right, they just want their money up front. The whole incentive of the JOD plan is so you can upgrade your phone more times than once a year so what you're talking about doesn't make sense. I won't be surprised in a week or so if they take the down payment off again.

Ok, I'm thinkin regular Jump, and not JOD, but yea, I'm sure they'll take the down payment off once the hype dies down.

Bros, what you recommend, leasing a phone vs monthy payments to own.

Sprint doesnt offer 2 year contracts anymore so in order for me to get the s8 I have to either pay full retail, lease, or monthly payment

IF I lease, after a year I can upgrade to a new phone.

Whats the cons of leasing?

If you always plan on getting the latest model, lease it. If u plan on getting the phone and keeping it, monthly payments or pay retail.

Back
Top Bottom