• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
the rebooting keeps returned officially going to return this back tomorrow.

i did find good deal for note 4. deciding white or black?

I went black. That phone was my baby :pimp:

You might find yourself with the same kind of reboot problems sooner than later though (look up "Note 4 mmc read failure." WakeLock app from the Play Store can be used a bandaid at the price of some battery life.)

I went black. That phone was my baby :pimp:

You might find yourself with the same kind of reboot problems sooner than later though (look up "Note 4 mmc read failure." WakeLock app from the Play Store can be used a bandaid at the price of some battery life.)

damm really? i just wanna use the device to control my samsung devices like my sammy tv, and soundbar. that's why picked up the samsung alpha its small and has the proper software and power to do things i want it to do. just one i got has bootloops issue which i think its the motherboard or battery getting to hot or when the battery get low. If i leave it plugged in doesn't do any random reboot shutdowns.

i already have a daily driver iphone 7 for myself to use, cause it plays well with apple watch.

i saw the deals here, they are refurbs though.
http://deals.dailysale.com/search?w=samsung

thanks for the heads up, im gonna sleep on it and see if i will cop the note 4 or note 5, probably make more sense to have bigger screen for "ultimate control"

Been on textra since forever. Trying out android msgs now. I don't like how every contact has their own color. Wish there was a way to set one default color. I see where I can change them one by one.

Thank goodness SwiftKey is fixed . I was getting tired of samsung keyboard

Android messages hasn't failed to send a pic yet for me do that's good. Missing a few custom options that Textra had which I like such as lowering the font size but I'll live.

Been on textra since forever. Trying out android msgs now. I don't like how every contact has their own color. Wish there was a way to set one default color. I see where I can change them one by one.

Agree with this. Hopefully they allow more options in the future. Little things like that make a difference

Last edited:
Just gonna get a note 5, unless you guys can tell me otherwise not?

Even with the problem I mentioned, I would go with the Note 4 over the 5 as a phone to just play with on the side.

Removable (and therefore replaceable) battery, expandable storage, and an IR Blaster over a slightly better screen of the same resolution, improved SPen, and arguably nicer design.

If you're willing/able to look outside of Samsung, the LG V10 and V20 have most if not all of the same features.

been using textra for the longest... whats the difference with the google app? is it that much better... sometimes when someone sends me a video via text the quality is trash is there any text messaging app that will help with that or thats just the carrier controlling how much you can send via text

S9 deal is tempting with that 50% off w/ a trade in. Going to see if they are going to run a BOGO deal with that discount but since you have to preorder in order to get the trade-in discount, I doubt it

Even with the problem I mentioned, I would go with the Note 4 over the 5 as a phone to just play with on the side.

Removable (and therefore replaceable) battery, expandable storage, and an IR Blaster over a slightly better screen of the same resolution, improved SPen, and arguably nicer design.

If you're willing/able to look outside of Samsung, the LG V10 and V20 have most if not all of the same features.

yeah the problem u mentiond got me thinking twice. i really want it to function as touchscreen remote to control my samsung tv and devices, and that i, not gonna use it as a "Real phone" so it must be samsung. ofcourse i don't want it to have issues that you mention when i receive it or down the road it has its that glitch/reboot problem.

i did a spec comparison on gsmarena.com
https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=7504&idPhone2=6434&idPhone3=6573#diff-

been using textra for the longest... whats the difference with the google app? is it that much better... sometimes when someone sends me a video via text the quality is trash is there any text messaging app that will help with that or thats just the carrier controlling how much you can send via text

Whatsapp and allo, there's some others but that's about it

I don't see why you would pick messages over Textra. Textra has way more options
I don't care for features or options as long as app works effectively and the person get my message i'll use. i do use any app messaging platform i need to be in contact if that person isn't willing to switch over.

I use Android Messages but I don't text often. Most of my communication is done over FB Messenger or WhatsApp.

Same here, WhatsApp is the most used app on my phone. Media transfer is significantly better then regular texting (although still behind iMessage tbh)

I still can't send pictures through Textra. The receiving party never gets them, and it's only the pictures I take with my camera too. Stuff I download and screen shot work just fine. This has happened with every phone.

Haven't run into this problem in the two days I've been using Google messages.

If what'sapp let me text people who didn't have it (unless there's something I'm missing) then I'd use that.

There's a setting in textra that may fix that, forgot what it was though. Might want to contact their support .

The fact that all iPhones operate the same is kinda cool, that's probably one of the reasons why people feel bonded it's almost like a virtual family.

Does anyone actually use Bixby? Like what does it even do. I've only pressed it by accident and immediately backed out.

I am also just now getting my reward cards for the black Friday BOGO deal from T Mobile. The crazy thing is that I did it on Christmas also and got that card weeks ago. This took several calls to customer service to achieve and I've been paying a 400$ a month phone bill for three months and for three lines that I didn't even use/want which at least I now get to cancel.

I said all that to say that this system of getting a free phone is absolute garbage.

Yeah, the hoops they make y'all go through are something else. I really tried jumping on that V30 promo from T-mo last month but too much to consider (i.e. finding a buyer or splitting the monthly eip with someone, then what if I or they want to sell the phone, etc).

Posting on this pixel and everything is so buttery right now :pimp:. Might remove this screen protector though, smudges worse than the screen itself.

Yeah, the hoops they make y'all go through are something else. I really tried jumping on that V30 promo from T-mo last month but too much to consider (i.e. finding a buyer or splitting the monthly eip with someone, then what if I or they want to sell the phone, etc).

Posting on this pixel and everything is so buttery right now :pimp:. Might remove this screen protector though, smudges worse than the screen itself.

lol, so you got it good to hear, what end up happening did the fedex/ups driver messed up?

Back
Top Bottom