Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm vexed :angry:.

Ordered my pixel on Feb 27th then they ran a promotion for $100 off starting March 1. Now they offering $200 off starting today. Smfh.

I called and the only option was to RMA then order again but there's no guarantee the return will be processed in time for me to reorder through Google financing. Promo ends 03/31.

Still vexed.

Gonna call again and speak to another supervisor.

Been using the S9 since Friday and I gotta say battery life is a step down from my previous V30. I'm typically at <50% with <2 hours SOT. It's only been 3 days so hopefully it'll improve. I could easily squeeze 5 hours SOT out of the V30 with the same usage. Really sucks that Samsung has gone ultra-conservative with battery size after the Note 7 fiasco.

Low light photos are really good though. I also hear a modest decrease in sound quality in comparison to the V30 when playing my music through the aux in the car. Played around with the BP sensor and it seemed somewhat accurate. Gotta say the phone is beautiful. The Coral Blue is unique while not being too ostentatious. It's just the right weight and I've been rocking it naked. Debating whether I should actually use the case I ordered.

Like most other people have been saying, if you have a recent android phone the S9 is probably not worth the upgrade. If I wasn't on T-Mobile JOD I probably would've stuck with the V30.

Last edited:
Been using the S9 since Friday and I gotta say battery life is a step down from my previous V30. I'm typically at <50% with <2 hours SOT. It's only been 3 days so hopefully it'll improve. I could easily squeeze 5 hours SOT out of the V30 with the same usage. Really sucks that Samsung has gone ultra-conservative with battery size after the Note 7 fiasco.
This pisses me off because both Oreo and the Snapdragon 845 were suppose to improve the battery life. Oreo is supposedly more efficient with background tasks being managed better and slightly more aggressive with apps pausing if alot is being ran. Snapdragon allegedly uses less battery life when doing the same tasks as the 835. Either Samsung is being lazy or Snapdragon and Google was blowing smoke out of their asses.

I always say this but it just amazes me that we can get a robot to Mars yet they haven't invented a cell phone or laptop battery that lasts for a couple of days. :smh:

I always say this but it just amazes me that we can get a robot to Mars yet they haven't invented a cell phone or laptop battery that lasts for a couple of days. :smh:
it shouldnt... i mean they design **** so it breaks or doesnt work as well after a certain length of time

That's what it comes down to at this point. We need new battery tech. Companies need to invest more in this or speed up current upcoming tech like graphene battery.

This is frustrating. Seems like my S9 battery life is getting worse every day. I might have to do a Factory Reset once I get home .

Screenshot_20180320-111917_Settings.jpg

This is frustrating. Seems like my S9 battery life is getting worse every day. I might have to do a Factory Reset once I get home .

Screenshot_20180320-111917_Settings.jpg
Lol smdh its why I jus let my s8+ slide. Last two months the battery life nose dived.

Picked up an X n still have my pixel XL2, I like the X the most begrudgingly. Want a headphone jack and true multi task and this phOne would be perfect

T-Mobile hooked it up with the free umbrella this week! It's a good size and quality. The timing couldn't be better with this storm they keep talking about that's going to hit us tonight...

It's too early for that kind of talk bro

That's what I was thinking, but the fact that it's getting worse rather than better doesn't bode well for me. I got into the habit of charging my phone to 100% before bed but now that I do that it seems like it drains to the low 90s-high 80s overnight. Factory reset might happen tonight/tomorrow if I'm snowed in.

Back
Top Bottom