• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My S8 runs pretty bad for the price of it and battery life has consistently gotten worse. Tempted to just say the hell with it and cop a budget phone or go to iOS after being team android for so long. Might try out a Honor 7x and if I don't like it give it to my dad. If I can stand it will keep the S8 til the new pixel drops later this year and sell it and go to the new Pixel.

No more Samsung for me. Literally the same stuff every single time.

My S8 runs pretty bad for the price of it and battery life has consistently gotten worse. Tempted to just say the hell with it and cop a budget phone or go to iOS after being team android for so long. Might try out a Honor 7x and if I don't like it give it to my dad. If I can stand it will keep the S8 til the new pixel drops later this year and sell it and go to the new Pixel.

I'd wait out for Oreo if you don't already have it. Sounds like a game changer, but who knows.

Get the Moto G when they release the new one later this month. One of my boy's got the 7x and it runs fast most of the time and then it has moments where it crawls. I had the Moto G3 and it was faster than my S5 and 5s at certain tasks it was more consistent on everyday tasks. You'll just have to get used to longer loading times vs the S8.

Attachments

• moto-g6-dl-980x705.jpg
    moto-g6-dl-980x705.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 7
What real differences does Oreo even have? I used to be pressed to get the new OS a while back but there used to always been a significant jump. The jump from M to N wasn't mind blowing imo.

Is the S7 ever to receive the Oreo update?

Also, have to wonder how soon it'll be until Samsung decides to go the Apple route and have a unified software experience. If Pixel ever takes off, it should expedited the transition for them.

TipsyMcStagga TipsyMcStagga this what Google needs to do. Make a pixel watch that has the same fit and finish as the apple watch but of course can do things better than apple. This is how Google can win in wearable tech sector. I told my personal friend this and he totally agree and talked about this in October / November.

Is the S7 ever to receive the Oreo update?

Also, have to wonder how soon it'll be until Samsung decides to go the Apple route and have a unified software experience. If Pixel ever takes off, it should expedited the transition for them.
if more 8 isn't getting it no way the outdated s7 is

Switched from chrome to Samsung browser today. Really liking the true full screen browsing and i don't miss the funny Chrome ball on my desktop at all.

Yeah, it looked cool and the reviews were great, but I'm not enough of an audiophile to justify that.

I jumped into the Google Home setup very quickly. Added a Chromecast and a Chromecast audio too. Next up would probably be some smart plugs so I can have little things all on voice control too.. and eventually when I get my own place I'll get a home security set up. Smart door lock and exterior camera and I'm good.

SwiftKey still acting kinda janky to me. Not as bad as it was but having issues with the period button. I'll press it and sometimes nothing appears. Predictions are getting bad too.

messed around and rooted my pixel 2 xl, just because, haven't had time to explore it just yet, but I'm digging how Magisk and Xposed are with the systemless root.

SwiftKey still acting kinda janky to me. Not as bad as it was but having issues with the period button. I'll press it and sometimes nothing appears. Predictions are getting bad too.

Same here almost ver batim. I've noticed a space between the word and the period. I just updated the app, so hopefully they fixed the issue.

Picked up the Jabra Elite Sport for 150 and they are clutch. Takes a while to figure it which wing/ear tip works best for you but once you find it, it's smooth sailing. Audio quality is good for music and the case is easy to use for charging. Whoever came up with that idea is a genius btw. They even have features that weren't outright advertised that are very impressive. One of the main reasons I chose them was bc you're able to hear out of both buds while on phone calls, that's not possible on several truly wireless joints. The first time I used them on a call, I noticed that my voice was amplified along with lots of other outside sounds and I didn't like it at all. After about an hour of talking, I got kinda used to it. I did some research and found that it's a feature that can be turned off with an app. Similarly, there's a feature that allows you to listen to music and the microphones picks up external sounds, such as if you're at work and want to be able to hear someone calling your name. There's another set of high priced joints called iq buds that do something similar. Surprised Jabra didn't push this feature harder. Although the fit is pretty snug, I'm not entirely sure that I want to run with them. Definitely satisfied with the purchase.

Back
Top Bottom