• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Get a pixel and save yourself the headache 3 months later.

I'm on T-Mobile Jump on Demand so I switch phones every few months so the 6-month Samsung lag shouldn't affect me.

But yeah, if I were buying a phone outright I'd probably get a Pixel. Been on a V30 since launch and I really like it, but figure I'll check out the S9. Gonna miss the Quad-DAC though.

Probably gonna go Pixel whenever I feel it's OK to get a upgrade.

S7 has been seeing crazy slow down over the last few days.

It really sucks that there isn't a perfect phone out there. I wasted all of 2017 waiting for the perfect one, then found myself on the cusp of waiting for 2018 before I said forget it.

Sammy screen /Pixel camera/stock OS/V30 dac/headphone jack/Axon 7 speakers/whatever best battery is out there (one+?).... I'll gladly pay no more than $850 for that.

It really sucks that there isn't a perfect phone out there. I wasted all of 2017 waiting for the perfect one, then found myself on the cusp of waiting for 2018 before I said forget it.

Sammy screen /Pixel camera/stock OS/V30 dac/headphone jack/Axon 7 speakers/whatever best battery is out there (one+?).... I'll gladly pay no more than $850 for that.
silly rabbit.. you should know by now there is no such thing as a "perfect phone

https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/03/13/t-mobile-will-roll-support-rcs-universal-profile-q2/

"Messaging can be confusing or downright aggravating these days. Google can't seem to figure out what it wants to do, and there are tons of alternatives all with their own insular user bases. You might just end up sending a text message, but thankfully text messages will get better thanks to RCS. T-Mobile was quick to deploy RCS messaging on its network back in 2015, and many Tmo subscribers are already using it without realizing. However, it hasn't committed to using the Universal Profile until now. Tmo now says it will start using the standard in the coming months.

All T-Mobile phones currently ship with RCS enabled via the carrier's internal version of the service. It works between Tmo customers, but other carriers use their own systems currently. According to Tmo's latest blog post, it will begin updating phones with the Universal Profile for RCS in Q2 of this year. It joins Sprint in supporting the Universal Profile, which was launched by the GSMA with Google's support in 2016.

RCS allows for advanced features that are not possible with SMS. For example, you can send longer messages, get read receipts, and send large files up to 100MB in size. Supporting the Universal Profile will eventually make RCS work seamlessly between carriers. All the other carriers need to add support for it, though. AT&Tand Verizon have yet to confirm their plans for the Universal Profile."

They won’t pick it up.

I hope they do though cause messaging on Android is atrocious. I can’t believe we are still having this conversation in 2018.

Which leads me to believe that it won’t ever happen.

First it was hangouts, then Android Messages, then Allo or whatever. Or something like that I can’t even remember.

I'm liking my pixel buds... Got em for free when I grabbed a phone case, screen protector, and travel battery pack at verizon

For my Android brothas in here. Is the S9+ worth hopping on now? Or should I wait for the new pixel or oneplus? Been iOS for a couple years, and sick of it so going back to android. But I don’t really know the phone cycles on android anymore.

Back
Top Bottom