• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LG the GOAT headphone jack with their Quad-DAC. I thought it was a gimmick, but I swear I could hear a difference when my brother's S9 was on the aux vs. my G7.
There's definitely a difference, especially when you run higher-end headphones that requires more power. I used my Sennheiser HD58X on a V30 the other day and compared it to my S8+. It was louder at the same volume level, more crisp and airy, the bass hit harder, and vocals were clearer. Basically, everything got better.:lol: I have an portable DAC/Amp combo for my S8+ and the V30 still sounds better.

It's especially dumb and bad press for OnePlus because they poked fun at other companies for ditching the headphone jack, and then you go ahead and do it. People on reddit are losing their MINDS right now.

It's a bummer because I liked having that option, although I was looking to get a pair of bluetooth headphones in the future.. it was still a good positive for OnePlus and now they lost that.

It's especially dumb and bad press for OnePlus because they poked fun at other companies for ditching the headphone jack, and then you go ahead and do it. People on reddit are losing their MINDS right now.

It's a bummer because I liked having that option, although I was looking to get a pair of bluetooth headphones in the future.. it was still a good positive for OnePlus and now they lost that.

If I can pair more than one device to BT, I wouldn't be mad but that aint the case :lol:. I have my 5T paired with my Gear S3 if I'm not driving

its ridiculous. Not everyone likes to use their headphones via BT :smh:

It ain't even about the BT. I use BT at the gym multiple times a week. They can have both, just like I use both on my S8+.

When I'm at work with videos/music/podcasts in the background, I just wanna have my phone plugged in and my earbuds plugged in :smh:

Sick of these damn phones bull****ting :smh: :smh: :smh: that in screen fingerprint had me thinking 6T would be the one

The battery saver happened to me once today. I thought I accidentally turned it on, but now idk after your post.

Yeah, you're right. I would've been more impressed with a high refresh rate, but I'm sure having a good touch response is useful.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/12/google-samsung-rcs-texting/
dims

Timothy J. Seppala
17h ago in Mobile

Chris Velazco/Engadget
Google is teaming with what's arguably the biggest Android phone maker to help push its new text-messaging standard to the masses. "Working together, Google and Samsung will ensure that our messaging clients, Android Messages and Samsung Messages, work seamlessly with each company's RCS (Rich Communication Services) technology," Google's Sanaz Ahari writes in a blog post. The first evidence of the partnership will be found in Galaxy S8 handsets (including the S8+ and Note 8) and newer devices like the S9 lineup.

The post goes on to say that new Galaxy phones will natively support RCS, "starting with a set of carriers that have or will soon launch RCS." So, at the moment, Sprint and T-Mobile here in the US and Rogers in the Great White North.

The unspoken promise is that this will push the new text-messaging standard (which uses data and replaces old-school SMS texting with iMessage-like features like typing indicators) to the wider world. And, really, Google probably couldn't have picked a better partner for this. Samsung phones have an admirable marketshare, and this feature could very likely trickle down from its flagship phones in time, making RCS the de facto texting standard along with it.
Sooner they get this in motion the more beneficial for everyone. Even carriers. SMS and MMS is age old tech.

So. What yall think of the new iPhones :lol:

Phones are absolutely gorgeous and equally "over" priced. If you have an X I'd see no need in upgrading. Upgrading at this point to me is more about having the latest and not about having a phone that does what you need.

I say that while also being fully aware that once the latest Pixel XL drops I'm on it even tho my OG Pixel works "perfectly" fine

Can't remember how I felt about the headphone jack being removed when it first started happening but right now I feel the same about the notch. Eh.

Took these on my walk today.
Auto mode with a slight Instagram edit,

I should have gone manual and changed the aperture. But still crisp pic.

S9+ has a excellent camera no doubt.
My LG G3 & G5 tho i must say were just were just as good if not better
But not the features in the phone (non camera related)
Happy with the choice too make the switch at the end of the day
IMG_20180916_202517_036.jpg
IMG_20180916_183236_179.jpg
IMG_20180916_202612_462.jpg

Cracked my note 9 screen last night. Fell face down in the garage. Otterbox wasn't enough, new phone will be here Tuesday tho

do you guys not use a screen protector? with an expensive phone you should protect it imo... screen protectors be cheap too

Back
Top Bottom