• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not just about never having service, the appeal is the seamlessness and freedom.

When you power an iPhone on for the first time and open the default message app, you're in iMessage. You don't usually don't have to think about much from there.

You send iMessage texts to someone the same way you send a regular text to a non-iPhone user. You can talk to someone that's lounging in bed with their iPad or MacBook in their hands and their phone somewhere else the same way you talk to someone whose phone is glued to their hands. You never have to leave the default app that came with your phone. It requires little thought.

Also, as I mentioned earlier; you're free from the restrictions of SMS and MMS when having convos with other Apple owners. No messages being split up into multiple pieces, no image or video compression (as far as I know.)

None of that is enough to glue me to a boring *** iPhone, but the appeal is clear.

i read this entire thing with cheesy youtube unboxing music behind it in a soft spoken voice. sounds like a commercial lol. i honestly couldnt tell if u were trolling or not by the end of this. i have an iphone7. all that "seamlessness" etc etc... irrelevant imo. i dont care whether a person i text answers me from their phone or laptop. imo, texting takes no thought. as for messages breaking up... i dont usually send walls of text to my friends to have that kinda problem. most iphone users dont really do that either from what i see

but thats my experience. so insert grain of salt.

ON ANOTHER NOTE. yall see these leaks from the s10? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

i actually liked htc sense... it was the main reason i kept buying htc... but the last straw was the m9... solid build but the camera was and always trash... went to samsung and havent looked back since... my s8 is still running strong... will keep saying this until i cop the s10 next year :lol:

Actually prefer HTC phones, at least from years past, compared to Samsung. Don't think they're doing themselves any favors with the U series though.

went to samsung and havent looked back since... my s8 is still running strong... will keep saying this until i cop the s10 next year :lol:
I have the same mindset, except in my case it's me moving over from iPhones. It's smooth, straight-forward, and has great support. But, Samsung is a trustworthy brand that has the flexibility benefits of Android on it's side. I was actually going to go for the V30, but I couldn't wait for the dark blue option any longer and went with the S8+ instead. It has hiccups here and there, but nothing drastic enough to hinder my experience. It literally does everything I could ever ask for in a modern device(3.5mm jack if I want to use headphones/FM, usb-c to HDMI out when I didn't have cable in my new apartment, great camera, water-resistance, phenomenal screen technology, freedom for tweaks and customization, etc.) I probably use it more than my personal laptop and TV combined.

So. What yall think of the new iPhones :lol:

I kinda want one just for the sake of having one… I never had an iphone and want to try it to see what the hype is all about…the problem is its really overpriced despite it being inferior to android… no headphone jack, no expandable storage, better display on Samsung phones, and easier to transfer music… theres probably more stuff im leaving out…

I kinda want one just for the sake of having one… I never had an iphone and want to try it to see what the hype is all about…the problem is its really overpriced despite it being inferior to android… no headphone jack, no expandable storage, better display on Samsung phones, and easier to transfer music… theres probably more stuff im leaving out…

I feel the same way. They look really nice, but iOS doesn't seem like the move. I use my phone more than I use my laptop nowadays and I feel like iOS would limit me. Recently started torrenting from my phone, is iOS capable of that without jailbreaking?

Last time I used iOS was around 2011 before my iPod touch died.

I feel the same way. They look really nice, but iOS doesn't seem like the move. I use my phone more than I use my laptop nowadays and I feel like iOS would limit me. Recently started torrenting from my phone, is iOS capable of that without jailbreaking?

Last time I used iOS was around 2011 before my iPod touch died.

the lack of customization really holds me back from copping an iphone... i really like my widgets and nova launcher on my phone so i might have to pass... owning an iphone does intrigue me just wish the price was more reasonable

It's all personal preference. The simplicity and fluidity of iOS means much more to me than the customization and openness of Android. And iMessage :lol:.

The only thing that impresses me is the A12 and 120hz screen response like the Razer phone. Everything else is incremental. This announcement just makes me eager for the S10 release.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 120Hz number referring to touch response, not refresh rate like the Razer phone?
Seems like they're trying to catch people with that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the 120Hz number referring to touch response, not refresh rate like the Razer phone?
Seems like they're trying to catch people with that.
Yeah, you're right. I would've been more impressed with a high refresh rate, but I'm sure having a good touch response is useful.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/09/12/google-samsung-rcs-texting/
dims

Timothy J. Seppala
17h ago in Mobile

Chris Velazco/Engadget
Google is teaming with what's arguably the biggest Android phone maker to help push its new text-messaging standard to the masses. "Working together, Google and Samsung will ensure that our messaging clients, Android Messages and Samsung Messages, work seamlessly with each company's RCS (Rich Communication Services) technology," Google's Sanaz Ahari writes in a blog post. The first evidence of the partnership will be found in Galaxy S8 handsets (including the S8+ and Note 8) and newer devices like the S9 lineup.

The post goes on to say that new Galaxy phones will natively support RCS, "starting with a set of carriers that have or will soon launch RCS." So, at the moment, Sprint and T-Mobile here in the US and Rogers in the Great White North.

The unspoken promise is that this will push the new text-messaging standard (which uses data and replaces old-school SMS texting with iMessage-like features like typing indicators) to the wider world. And, really, Google probably couldn't have picked a better partner for this. Samsung phones have an admirable marketshare, and this feature could very likely trickle down from its flagship phones in time, making RCS the de facto texting standard along with it.

Lmao. After ****ting on phones not having the headphone jack with the OP6 marketing, they get rid of it with the same generation refresh. What a joke of a company.

Is it only Samsung that only has the headphone jack? Seems like slim pickings out here if you need/want a headphone jack.

LG the GOAT headphone jack with their Quad-DAC. I thought it was a gimmick, but I swear I could hear a difference when my brother's S9 was on the aux vs. my G7.

Back
Top Bottom