• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fellas, I got the Z Fold 4 and I love the phone but I think I am going to give the IPhone a try this year. I have only ever owned Samsung phones and I thought I would be Samsung forever but I think I have to make a change. The main reasons for the switch have everything to do with Samsung going away from what makes them Samsung in an attempt to be like Apple. This isn't meant to be a bash Samsung or Android to justify my reasons but this is why I have to make the change.

1. Samsung Pay. Samsung was the pioneer and industry leader in mobile pay. They were the only ones that could do MST which set them apart. Why did they abandon MST with their new phones? I understand that credit card companies keep saying they will get rid of magnetic strips for cards but most stores still use MST.

2. Galaxy Watch Pro 5- I love the watch but the rotating bezel was a great feature to navigate the watch. Why they would remove this distinguishing feature to essentially make this a Round Apple Watch is beyond me. I also hate that the Galaxy Watch needs Microsoft Outlook to give you notifications for email instead of using Samsung's own native email app.

Look at you going full lib on us.

I considered copping an iPhone but after playing with one for a few minutes l was over it.
And yes, losing the rotating bezel on the watch was a huge mistake. Watch 5 pro is beautiful tho.

Fellas, I got the Z Fold 4 and I love the phone but I think I am going to give the IPhone a try this year. I have only ever owned Samsung phones and I thought I would be Samsung forever but I think I have to make a change. The main reasons for the switch have everything to do with Samsung going away from what makes them Samsung in an attempt to be like Apple. This isn't meant to be a bash Samsung or Android to justify my reasons but this is why I have to make the change.

1. Samsung Pay. Samsung was the pioneer and industry leader in mobile pay. They were the only ones that could do MST which set them apart. Why did they abandon MST with their new phones? I understand that credit card companies keep saying they will get rid of magnetic strips for cards but most stores still use MST.

2. Galaxy Watch Pro 5- I love the watch but the rotating bezel was a great feature to navigate the watch. Why they would remove this distinguishing feature to essentially make this a Round Apple Watch is beyond me. I also hate that the Galaxy Watch needs Microsoft Outlook to give you notifications for email instead of using Samsung's own native email app.
MST is another reason why I've held on to my S20 and not upgraded. This Chinese food spot I go to doesn't take any mobile payments. Cashier was shocked when my phone worked with the older terminal.

MST is another reason why I've held on to my S20 and not upgraded. This Chinese food spot I go to doesn't take any mobile payments. Cashier was shocked when my phone worked with the older terminal.

That was the best part. Folks would say "We don't take Apple Pay" only to be shocked when our phones worked. My biggest issue is why change what you're great at until everyone ditches MST?

Removable batteries on my Note 3 was too 🔥.

I was living in Nigeria at the time and the power was still intermittent in some spots. It was great to know I got a couple extra batteries on deck.

I felt that way about Samsung Pay ditching MST at first too, but most places accept mobile payments now so it doesn't really matter anymore. I just use GPay now.

but back in '17 before mobile payments became as widespread as it is today I was paying for EVERYTHING my Note 8 :pimp:

That's how l felt about removable batteries. I always had a charging cradle/second battery so l literally never had to charge my phone. Couldn't believe they got rid of it altogether.

Every time Floss brings up removable batteries and IR Blasters I always agree an appreciate that he uses his platform to let these companies know what we want. Things won't change unless we keep demanding more. Not to mention these phones are way too expensive.

Every time Floss brings up removable batteries and IR Blasters I always agree an appreciate that he uses his platform to let these companies know what we want. Things won't change unless we keep demanding more. Not to mention these phones are way too expensive.
I think the rationale to end the removable battery was to move towards waterproofing. I'd much rather have the former. Way more practical in my opinion.

I think the rationale to end the removable battery was to move towards waterproofing. I'd much rather have the former. Way more practical in my opinion.

They actually were able to have both water resistance and removable battery with the Galaxy S5. It was IP67. I wish I had that for my Note edge when I dropped it in a manhole :smh::lol:..

Another thing I like Floss calling out in his videos is the box & packaging is lacking with Samsung phones these days compared with other companies.

Has anyone here been able to add their vaccine info onto GPay or Google Wallet? I'm having no luck.

Happy 20th anniversary to the T-Mobile Sidekick.

5f4e63eb35501affea311135933df5edfa9745f8.jpg

They could easily make something inspired by it with how popular handheld gaming is. Make it thinner, add some better controls and shoulder buttons, boom.

Back
Top Bottom