• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I  just got an HTC Inspire. This is my first Android device. On the home screen on the htc weather clock widget, is the weather location suppose to change to your current location? The location on mine stays the same even though im like 30 miles away in a different city. location/satellite is on, is there anything im missing??
nerd.gif

^bruh, you been talkin down on Android devices and sayin Apple is better blah blah blah, (we've seen the threads) but then come in here and link things from Engadget and Gizmodo like everything's gravy.

I understand you tryna help with the updates on the up and coming devices and such but we got Mastamind and other ppl for that.

Seems like you're better off in the Apple thread since people respond to your posts in there.

^bruh, you been talkin down on Android devices and sayin Apple is better blah blah blah, (we've seen the threads) but then come in here and link things from Engadget and Gizmodo like everything's gravy.

I understand you tryna help with the updates on the up and coming devices and such but we got Mastamind and other ppl for that.

Seems like you're better off in the Apple thread since people respond to your posts in there.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

roll.gif
So If I prefer one platform on over the other I cant keep up with the other platform? BTW no one reads Gizmodo these days.

roll.gif
So If I prefer one platform on over the other I cant keep up with the other platform? BTW no one reads Gizmodo these days.

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

roll.gif
I do agree on your point that keeping up with the competition is a good thing.

We should make a treaty, that unless Ninjahood shows up in the iPhone threads no iPhone fans will come to an Android thread to stir things up.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

roll.gif
I do agree on your point that keeping up with the competition is a good thing.

We should make a treaty, that unless Ninjahood shows up in the iPhone threads no iPhone fans will come to an Android thread to stir things up.
laugh.gif

Preferring Apple>Droid is not the problem.

Bashing Droid and posting Droid info is pretty ironic you think?

I prefer Mac>PC but you wont see me bashing PCs in a 'Mac VS PC' Thread, then come into a PC thread like i'm a fan.

I prefer Mac>PC but you wont see me bashing PCs in a 'Mac VS PC' Thread, then come into a PC thread like i'm a fan.

So are you saying there arent issue in the Android platform that do not warrant bashing? Neither platform is perfect I have the right to critique as I will. Im a fan of consumer electronics and not a "fanboy" of any one platform. Do you expect me to lie in a Android vs Apple thread and say I Love Android? That sound absurd especially when their a posters trying to "protect" android and make ridiculous statements like "Android doesnt need more apps because it is more capable than the iPhone" and my favorite "games are noveltys". My issues with the Android platforms are things that can be fixed if they are addressed properly and google takes some control over their platform.

At the end of the day if you are so loyal to your device/platform that you are in capable of being a fan of the opposition that you are more than likely causing more harm to the industry than good. If you choose to prefer Mac over PC and devote no time into following the PC platform you are more than likely a tool and will miss out on information that could potentially give you a better experience. You should be a fan of all platforms since they all bring a unique different approach to technology.

So are you saying there arent issue in the Android platform that do not warrant bashing? Neither platform is perfect I have the right to critique as I will. Im a fan of consumer electronics and not a "fanboy" of any one platform. Do you expect me to lie in a Android vs Apple thread and say I Love Android? That sound absurd especially when their a posters trying to "protect" android and make ridiculous statements like "Android doesnt need more apps because it is more capable than the iPhone" and my favorite "games are noveltys". My issues with the Android platforms are things that can be fixed if they are addressed properly and google takes some control over their platform.

At the end of the day if you are so loyal to your device/platform that you are in capable of being a fan of the opposition that you are more than likely causing more harm to the industry than good. If you choose to prefer Mac over PC and devote no time into following the PC platform you are more than likely a tool and will miss out on information that could potentially give you a better experience. You should be a fan of all platforms since they all bring a unique different approach to technology.

[h4]Verizon announces Xoom pricing: $600 on contract, $20 per month for 1GB data[/h4]
By Nilay Patel posted Feb 22nd 2011 9:55AM

post_icon_pr.gif

Verizon just filled in the rest of the Xoom pricing story -- in addition to the $800 off-contract version that's already up for pre-order at Best Buy, you'll be able to sign a two-year data contract and pick up a Xoom for $600 upfront. That's a decent savings, although you'll be getting just 1GB of 3G data for $20/month, so it's not exactly a stunning deal in the end: a Xoom and 24GB of data over two years for $1,080. On the plus side, Verizon has confirmed that the Xoom LTE upgrade will in fact be free when it goes live in Q2, which is terrific news -- but we're waiting to see what the LTE data plans look like before we get too excited. PR after the break.
$600 on contract isnt too bad for a tablet but they need to find a way to get Netflix or Hulu on to this.

[h4]Verizon announces Xoom pricing: $600 on contract, $20 per month for 1GB data[/h4]
By Nilay Patel posted Feb 22nd 2011 9:55AM

post_icon_pr.gif

Verizon just filled in the rest of the Xoom pricing story -- in addition to the $800 off-contract version that's already up for pre-order at Best Buy, you'll be able to sign a two-year data contract and pick up a Xoom for $600 upfront. That's a decent savings, although you'll be getting just 1GB of 3G data for $20/month, so it's not exactly a stunning deal in the end: a Xoom and 24GB of data over two years for $1,080. On the plus side, Verizon has confirmed that the Xoom LTE upgrade will in fact be free when it goes live in Q2, which is terrific news -- but we're waiting to see what the LTE data plans look like before we get too excited. PR after the break.
$600 on contract isnt too bad for a tablet but they need to find a way to get Netflix or Hulu on to this.

hey NT
some guy wants to sell me a droid x, he founded on the street. anyone know if I would have a problem activating it, the phone doesnt have service.

hey NT
some guy wants to sell me a droid x, he founded on the street. anyone know if I would have a problem activating it, the phone doesnt have service.

Originally Posted by cesarhpr1986

hey NT
Probably has be reported lost & now has a bad esn which means you cant activate it.

Originally Posted by cesarhpr1986

hey NT
Probably has be reported lost & now has a bad esn which means you cant activate it.

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Graphic.ly Comics-Reading App Comes to Android[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 5:20 PM 22-Feb-11 | - Comments

comics.JPG

Android users who are avid comic book fans now have a new option for getting their superhero fix, thanks to Graphic.ly releasing a port of its comic and graphic novel app.

Graphic.ly combines a storefront for buying and downloading titles, as well as an integrated reader. This Android version of the app lets you access an account previously used with the company's other smartphone apps or on a PC, so you can view content you've already purchased elsewhere.

As comics can feature intricate line art that might go unappreciated on a scaled-down screen, Graphic.ly offers several viewing options to choose between, depending on what best suits the source material. You can zoom in and out of a full-page display with touchscreen gestures, or go with the "Graphicly View" mode, breaking the comic up into single panels and displaying each full-screen, one-by-one.

While there are other comic-viewing apps available for Android, Graphic.ly is notable for being the only way to get legit Marvel content via an Android app; if you're more into DC, comiXology's Comics app might be right up your alley. All told, Graphic.ly includes content from over 150 publishers.

The Graphic.ly app is available in the Android Market now as a free download, supporting Android 2.1 and higher.

Source: Graphic.ly
Via: Mashable

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Motorola Atrix Bootloader Signed, Custom ROMs Complicated [Update][/h1]

By: Gabe Peters | 12:40 PM 22-Feb-11 | - Comments

Motorola%20Atrix%204G%20Rooted.jpg

We saw the Motorola Atrix get rooted several days before availability, surprising many who thought the locked bootloader design would make this more difficult. Now the filesystems have been dumped from the device, and it was discovered that while they are not encrypted (they are dumpable), they are signed.

Both the base filesystems and the recovery are signed, meaning that the bootloader will not accept a flash that is not signed with Motorola's private certificate. This blocks custom ROM development for now as there is no way to deploy the ROM to the device.

This doesn't block ROM development completely however, as the system partition can still be modified on a running device after rooting. The bootloader signature checks only come into play when flashing an entire system image at once, via the bootloader.

This type of image signing is nothing new, as HTC has implemented the same type of signature for years on Windows Mobile with their "SPL". The signature checks were worked around by a hacked SPL named "HardSPL", enabling custom ROMs. The signature checks for Motorola Atrix will likely be worked around in a similar manner.

Update: A post by a Motorola employee surfaced over at getsatisfaction stating that the Motorola Atrix 4G has a locked and encrypted bootloader, and that more bootloader announcements would be forthcoming.

Source: XDA (1),(2)
Via: Engadget

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Graphic.ly Comics-Reading App Comes to Android[/h1]

By: Stephen Schenck | 5:20 PM 22-Feb-11 | - Comments

comics.JPG

Android users who are avid comic book fans now have a new option for getting their superhero fix, thanks to Graphic.ly releasing a port of its comic and graphic novel app.

Graphic.ly combines a storefront for buying and downloading titles, as well as an integrated reader. This Android version of the app lets you access an account previously used with the company's other smartphone apps or on a PC, so you can view content you've already purchased elsewhere.

As comics can feature intricate line art that might go unappreciated on a scaled-down screen, Graphic.ly offers several viewing options to choose between, depending on what best suits the source material. You can zoom in and out of a full-page display with touchscreen gestures, or go with the "Graphicly View" mode, breaking the comic up into single panels and displaying each full-screen, one-by-one.

While there are other comic-viewing apps available for Android, Graphic.ly is notable for being the only way to get legit Marvel content via an Android app; if you're more into DC, comiXology's Comics app might be right up your alley. All told, Graphic.ly includes content from over 150 publishers.

The Graphic.ly app is available in the Android Market now as a free download, supporting Android 2.1 and higher.

Source: Graphic.ly
Via: Mashable

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Motorola Atrix Bootloader Signed, Custom ROMs Complicated [Update][/h1]

By: Gabe Peters | 12:40 PM 22-Feb-11 | - Comments

Motorola%20Atrix%204G%20Rooted.jpg

We saw the Motorola Atrix get rooted several days before availability, surprising many who thought the locked bootloader design would make this more difficult. Now the filesystems have been dumped from the device, and it was discovered that while they are not encrypted (they are dumpable), they are signed.

Both the base filesystems and the recovery are signed, meaning that the bootloader will not accept a flash that is not signed with Motorola's private certificate. This blocks custom ROM development for now as there is no way to deploy the ROM to the device.

This doesn't block ROM development completely however, as the system partition can still be modified on a running device after rooting. The bootloader signature checks only come into play when flashing an entire system image at once, via the bootloader.

This type of image signing is nothing new, as HTC has implemented the same type of signature for years on Windows Mobile with their "SPL". The signature checks were worked around by a hacked SPL named "HardSPL", enabling custom ROMs. The signature checks for Motorola Atrix will likely be worked around in a similar manner.

Update: A post by a Motorola employee surfaced over at getsatisfaction stating that the Motorola Atrix 4G has a locked and encrypted bootloader, and that more bootloader announcements would be forthcoming.

Source: XDA (1),(2)
Via: Engadget

i think this yt comment sums it up:
"It's a Battery, it's a screen, it's a keyboard. It's 500 Bucks." 

i think this yt comment sums it up:
"It's a Battery, it's a screen, it's a keyboard. It's 500 Bucks." 

Back
Top Bottom