Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

XOOM WiFi to Launch at Staples March 27th for $599?
by Quentyn Kennemer on March 12th, 2011 at 8:03 pm

6y055x.jpg

More from Staples regarding this WiFi-only XOOM has rolled in. Previous rumors pegged the Honeycomb tablet for April 4th without a date, but hard evidence has come in suggesting that it’ll be in a week earlier than that – March 27th, to be exact. We’ve even got a price to go along with that date: expect to pay $200 less than what you’d pay to buy the 3G version outright – $600. (And it’s the same price if you were to get the 3G version on contract at Verizon.) It’s not the $400 or $500 that you folks were dreaming for, but it’s better than nothing. We’ll keep this date circled in our calendar, of course, but we’re holding our breath for any possible delays. [via Droid-Life|2]

$600 bones

would you guys consider copping?
I'm assuming its $600 for the 32GB version? I would wait until a cheaper Android tablet drops (maybe the galaxy tab 10'?) that has an SD card slot.

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

XOOM WiFi to Launch at Staples March 27th for $599?
by Quentyn Kennemer on March 12th, 2011 at 8:03 pm

6y055x.jpg

More from Staples regarding this WiFi-only XOOM has rolled in. Previous rumors pegged the Honeycomb tablet for April 4th without a date, but hard evidence has come in suggesting that it’ll be in a week earlier than that – March 27th, to be exact. We’ve even got a price to go along with that date: expect to pay $200 less than what you’d pay to buy the 3G version outright – $600. (And it’s the same price if you were to get the 3G version on contract at Verizon.) It’s not the $400 or $500 that you folks were dreaming for, but it’s better than nothing. We’ll keep this date circled in our calendar, of course, but we’re holding our breath for any possible delays. [via Droid-Life|2]

$600 bones

would you guys consider copping?
I'm assuming its $600 for the 32GB version? I would wait until a cheaper Android tablet drops (maybe the galaxy tab 10'?) that has an SD card slot.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

well, the xoom has a micro sd card slot, its just that the software doesn't yet support it, once Google updates the software it will be ready to use,your gonna wait a long time for an affordable Android tablet with significant hardware to run the honeycomb os. I would say this device will drop in price in time if they don't sell, the samsung 10' tablet will be expensive so don't hope for an inexpensive price from that. However you do have this to look for
30t6p3b.gif
@ samsung

Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi to Launch April 4th for $399?
by Kevin Krause on March 11th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

2lln86o.jpg

In what may be a text book case of too little, too late, we are now hearing that the Wi-Fi only version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab might finally launch on April 4th (ignore the Photoshop bomb in the picture above). It will be priced at a slightly more wallet friendly $399, but will anyone have any interest in purchasing it? Word is a the Wi-Fi version of the Motorola XOOM may be out by then, and with this Galaxy Tab still shipping with Android 2.2 we see little appeal. Maybe if Samsung offered a Honeycomb upgrade we’d have something to talk about, but that is simply wishful thinking.
Speaking of new versions of the old Galaxy Tab, what ever happened to the 4G version we saw unveiled for Verizon at CES?

Samsung shot its self in the leg by selling the device through cell phone carriers, they can't redemm themselves just because they know decide to release a wifi only model that doesn't even run any latest Android OS like Gingerbread and Honeycomb. They Should have done that from the jump.

Hopefully a Android Manufacture gets it right the 1st time.....Sony or HTC
glasses.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by FullMetal

well, the xoom has a micro sd card slot, its just that the software doesn't yet support it, once Google updates the software it will be ready to use,your gonna wait a long time for an affordable Android tablet with significant hardware to run the honeycomb os. I would say this device will drop in price in time if they don't sell, the samsung 10' tablet will be expensive so don't hope for an inexpensive price from that. However you do have this to look for
30t6p3b.gif
@ samsung

Samsung Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi to Launch April 4th for $399?
by Kevin Krause on March 11th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

2lln86o.jpg

In what may be a text book case of too little, too late, we are now hearing that the Wi-Fi only version of the Samsung Galaxy Tab might finally launch on April 4th (ignore the Photoshop bomb in the picture above). It will be priced at a slightly more wallet friendly $399, but will anyone have any interest in purchasing it? Word is a the Wi-Fi version of the Motorola XOOM may be out by then, and with this Galaxy Tab still shipping with Android 2.2 we see little appeal. Maybe if Samsung offered a Honeycomb upgrade we’d have something to talk about, but that is simply wishful thinking.
Speaking of new versions of the old Galaxy Tab, what ever happened to the 4G version we saw unveiled for Verizon at CES?

Samsung shot its self in the leg by selling the device through cell phone carriers, they can't redemm themselves just because they know decide to release a wifi only model that doesn't even run any latest Android OS like Gingerbread and Honeycomb. They Should have done that from the jump.

Hopefully a Android Manufacture gets it right the 1st time.....Sony or HTC
glasses.gif
nerd.gif

Does anyone know if theres an exact date to when netflix will be released on the android market?

Does anyone know if theres an exact date to when netflix will be released on the android market?

Originally Posted by TSX24

I Heard once they ready up the next-gen Qualcomm processors with DRM baked into the hardware. Which might be this spring on summerscan't say for sure though.

Originally Posted by TSX24

I Heard once they ready up the next-gen Qualcomm processors with DRM baked into the hardware. Which might be this spring on summerscan't say for sure though.

I was told there would be 40+ tablets to come out in the next year.

I can see many people using tablets in 2 years, people are still getting use to todays technology with all these different cell phones but technology isnt stopping anytime soon.

I was told there would be 40+ tablets to come out in the next year.

I can see many people using tablets in 2 years, people are still getting use to todays technology with all these different cell phones but technology isnt stopping anytime soon.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by pip777

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Where's the Thunderbolt?
Looks like it's either March 17th, 18th, 24th, or 31st. The latest news is that HTC put the word out that them and Verizon will make a "official and public" announcement for the release dates soon.
Whats the reason for the delays is there something wrong with the phone?
Bad battery life, 3G to LTE handoff issues, Skype, VZ trying to finalize 4G data pricing, and iPhone/iPad 2 releases are among things that have been mentioned as the source of the delays. The thing is that Verizon never 'officially' made a release date for the Thunderbolt as of yet. If this Thursday, the 17th, is finally the day there should be a official announcement by Tuesday.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Originally Posted by pip777

Originally Posted by Quincy Powell

Where's the Thunderbolt?
Looks like it's either March 17th, 18th, 24th, or 31st. The latest news is that HTC put the word out that them and Verizon will make a "official and public" announcement for the release dates soon.
Whats the reason for the delays is there something wrong with the phone?
Bad battery life, 3G to LTE handoff issues, Skype, VZ trying to finalize 4G data pricing, and iPhone/iPad 2 releases are among things that have been mentioned as the source of the delays. The thing is that Verizon never 'officially' made a release date for the Thunderbolt as of yet. If this Thursday, the 17th, is finally the day there should be a official announcement by Tuesday.

For the few NTers on here waiting for the Thunderbolt:

News from many outlets are expecting the Thunderbolt to be released this Thursday, the 17th. It started today from Best Buy calling/emailing people who preordered the TB back on Super Bowl Sunday telling them to come in on the 17th for their phones. Now Wirefly will start preorders at 12am PST/3am EST tomorrow morning. Only thing missing is a 'official' press release from Verizon/HTC confirming or denying the March 17th news. I called VZW and the lady said that she hasn't heard anything as of yet and couldn't release any info if she knew any, but said if it's coming out this week then she should expect that people will be able to preorder it starting tomorrow. I have a good feeling that it will be released in a few days. If not, then there's always next week, the week after, or the week after that.

Links to a couple of stories talking about the pending release:

Per Engadget: HTC Thunderbolt tipped-to-launch-march-17th-again
Per Droid-Life: HTC Thunderbolt equipment guide says all channel launch is march 17
Per Android Central: Hey, look, more signs that the ThunderBolt will launch on March 17

For the few NTers on here waiting for the Thunderbolt:

News from many outlets are expecting the Thunderbolt to be released this Thursday, the 17th. It started today from Best Buy calling/emailing people who preordered the TB back on Super Bowl Sunday telling them to come in on the 17th for their phones. Now Wirefly will start preorders at 12am PST/3am EST tomorrow morning. Only thing missing is a 'official' press release from Verizon/HTC confirming or denying the March 17th news. I called VZW and the lady said that she hasn't heard anything as of yet and couldn't release any info if she knew any, but said if it's coming out this week then she should expect that people will be able to preorder it starting tomorrow. I have a good feeling that it will be released in a few days. If not, then there's always next week, the week after, or the week after that.

Links to a couple of stories talking about the pending release:

Per Engadget: HTC Thunderbolt tipped-to-launch-march-17th-again
Per Droid-Life: HTC Thunderbolt equipment guide says all channel launch is march 17
Per Android Central: Hey, look, more signs that the ThunderBolt will launch on March 17

Thanks for the info [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]pip777

[/color]I'll probably wait a couple weeks and see the reviews[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].
[/color]

Back
Top Bottom