Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congrats Boost

T-Mobile Sidekick 4G from Samsung announced, coming 'later this spring'
By Chris Ziegler posted Mar 15th 2011 12:01AM
Breaking News

r8a7gl.jpg

Sure, Danger's servers are going away, but the Sidekick brand belongs to T-Mobile -- and that particular component of the teen-friendly smartphone ecosystem pioneer isn't going anywhere. Of course, the carrier's been saying for a couple months now that it'd be relaunching Sidekick on Android, but they're making the device very official today with the unveiling of the Samsung-sourced Sidekick 4G. Though it lacks a swiveling display, T-Mobile is quick to note that the phone's got a "pop-tilt" mechanism that should still be pretty unique in the market -- and this is the first Sidekick with a touchscreen (3.5 inch WVGA, to be exact). The Android 2.2-based unit has a 1GHz Hummingbird processor, 3 megapixel primary cam, and a pretty fierce-looking user interface (dare we say a tad Kin-like?) that comes loaded with a couple Samsung staples -- Samsung Media Hub, notably -- along with Qik video calling, DriveSmart texting-while-driving lockout functionality, and Sidekick Group Text and Cloud Text, which together form some manner of cross-platform messaging tool. Pricing and availability are a little murky at this point, but we can expect it "later this spring" in your choice of black or "pearl magenta." Follow the break for the full press release.

Waits for the ninjahood

Congrats Boost

T-Mobile Sidekick 4G from Samsung announced, coming 'later this spring'
By Chris Ziegler posted Mar 15th 2011 12:01AM
Breaking News

r8a7gl.jpg

Sure, Danger's servers are going away, but the Sidekick brand belongs to T-Mobile -- and that particular component of the teen-friendly smartphone ecosystem pioneer isn't going anywhere. Of course, the carrier's been saying for a couple months now that it'd be relaunching Sidekick on Android, but they're making the device very official today with the unveiling of the Samsung-sourced Sidekick 4G. Though it lacks a swiveling display, T-Mobile is quick to note that the phone's got a "pop-tilt" mechanism that should still be pretty unique in the market -- and this is the first Sidekick with a touchscreen (3.5 inch WVGA, to be exact). The Android 2.2-based unit has a 1GHz Hummingbird processor, 3 megapixel primary cam, and a pretty fierce-looking user interface (dare we say a tad Kin-like?) that comes loaded with a couple Samsung staples -- Samsung Media Hub, notably -- along with Qik video calling, DriveSmart texting-while-driving lockout functionality, and Sidekick Group Text and Cloud Text, which together form some manner of cross-platform messaging tool. Pricing and availability are a little murky at this point, but we can expect it "later this spring" in your choice of black or "pearl magenta." Follow the break for the full press release.

Waits for the ninjahood

Does anyone else have any problems sending videos to another phone via Gmail? I am a Droid 2 user and when I try to send out a vid it sits in my outbox for days before I just delete it. I get pictures and music just fine by the way. Is there anyway I can overcome this problem?

Does anyone else have any problems sending videos to another phone via Gmail? I am a Droid 2 user and when I try to send out a vid it sits in my outbox for days before I just delete it. I get pictures and music just fine by the way. Is there anyway I can overcome this problem?

Posting this from a Droid X. Deciding on whether to buy this and switch to verizon. Currently im an iphone 4 user, jailbroken and unlocked. Reading about 'rootinv,' is that the jailbreak version for Android and is it only available on the X?

Posting this from a Droid X. Deciding on whether to buy this and switch to verizon. Currently im an iphone 4 user, jailbroken and unlocked. Reading about 'rootinv,' is that the jailbreak version for Android and is it only available on the X?

[h1]Motorola Droid 3, Droid X2 and Targa Pictures Surface[/h1]
File under: News

By: Anton D. Nagy | 3:28 AM 15-Mar-11 | - Comments

MotorolaDroid3.jpg

After the Motorola Droid 2 and the Motorola Droid X, the manufacturer seems to be preparing the Motorola Droid 3 and the Motorola Droid X2 and luckily we can see a couple of pictures of the devices which popped up over at HowardForums.

Not much is known about the Motorola Droid 3 but we suspect it will be a decent follow-up to the Droid 2 with improved QWERTY keyboard and maybe a bump in its specs from the 1GHz TI OMAP 3620 on the Droid 2. We've already seen the Motorola Droid X2 pose for the camera last week with rumors of an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core 1GHz processor, 1GB RAM, and a 4.3-inch qHD 540x960 LCD display.

MotorolaDroidX2.jpg
The Motorola Targa will definitely be a Verizon 4G LTE capable smartphone as the description on the back is clearly visible. And while at the back, you can see the protrusion which leads us into thinking that it will have a high-end camera with flash -- anyone able to read how many megapixels the text on the back says (hint: two-figure number)?. There's a front-facing webcam at the top and a chrome finish to the bezel in the vein of the alleged Droid 3.

MotorolaTarga.jpg
We'll let you know as soon as we find out more about these devices, some even as close as CTIA next week. As of now, we only have these pictures and our "wild guess" that these will all be Android powered (hopefully Gingerbread).

Source: HowardForums (1),(2),(3)

[h1]Motorola Droid 3, Droid X2 and Targa Pictures Surface[/h1]
File under: News

By: Anton D. Nagy | 3:28 AM 15-Mar-11 | - Comments

MotorolaDroid3.jpg

After the Motorola Droid 2 and the Motorola Droid X, the manufacturer seems to be preparing the Motorola Droid 3 and the Motorola Droid X2 and luckily we can see a couple of pictures of the devices which popped up over at HowardForums.

Not much is known about the Motorola Droid 3 but we suspect it will be a decent follow-up to the Droid 2 with improved QWERTY keyboard and maybe a bump in its specs from the 1GHz TI OMAP 3620 on the Droid 2. We've already seen the Motorola Droid X2 pose for the camera last week with rumors of an NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual core 1GHz processor, 1GB RAM, and a 4.3-inch qHD 540x960 LCD display.

MotorolaDroidX2.jpg
The Motorola Targa will definitely be a Verizon 4G LTE capable smartphone as the description on the back is clearly visible. And while at the back, you can see the protrusion which leads us into thinking that it will have a high-end camera with flash -- anyone able to read how many megapixels the text on the back says (hint: two-figure number)?. There's a front-facing webcam at the top and a chrome finish to the bezel in the vein of the alleged Droid 3.

MotorolaTarga.jpg
We'll let you know as soon as we find out more about these devices, some even as close as CTIA next week. As of now, we only have these pictures and our "wild guess" that these will all be Android powered (hopefully Gingerbread).

Source: HowardForums (1),(2),(3)

That moto looks really sick, wth hell sprint cant pick up moto (i know why they cant), it also looks like it will have that webtop feature with the laptop by reading the specs. That 540x960 display is calling me, damm hope htc use better screens in the future. Rather get that moto over the thunder bolt.

Back
Top Bottom