• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Bozo7000

Nevermind
laugh.gif
tired.gif

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/03/pho...-be-first-phone-with-quad-core-nvidia-kal-el/[/h2]
[h2]Motorola Droid 3 to feature OMAP4, Motorola Targa to be first phone with quad-core NVIDIA Kal-El?[/h2]
Taylor Wimberly on Mar 16 at 11:46 am32 comments

verizon-motorola-targa.jpg
New information has surfaced on a trio of upcoming Motorola phones headed to Verizon. We already knew that Verizon was launching the dual-core Droid Bionic later in Q2, but they also have a growing lineup of multi-core devices including the Droid X2, Droid 3 and Droid Targa. Read on after the jump for the latest rumors and speculation.
[h2]Motorola Droid X2[/h2]

The Droid X2 is a refresh of the original Droid X, but this time Motorola went with a dual-core CPU. Rumored specs include a 1 GHz Tegra 2, 4.3 inch qHD display, 512 MB RAM, rear and front-facing cameras, and all the other bells and whistles of the original. Unlike the Droid Bionic which operates on Verizon’s 4G LTE network, the Droid X2 will only support Verizon 3G.

Look for this device to debut around early Q3 for $149-199 with a 2-year contract.
[h2]Motorola Droid 3[/h2]

The keyboard-packing Droid is back again for its yearly update. Lately Motorola has been giving NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 a lot of love, but we hear the Droid 3 will still use a Texas Instruments chip like the first two versions. Rumored specs for the Droid 3 include a dual-core 1 GHz OMAP4430 CPU, 4 inch qHD display, rear and front facing cameras, and a five-row QWERTY keyboard. It is also said to be a global device and feature a SIM card slot for GSM networks.

We have yet to learn if the Droid 3 will support 4G LTE or be limited to 3G only. I expect the Droid 3 will appear on Verizon in early Q3.
[h2]Motorola Droid Targa[/h2]

The most interesting Verizon device to leak out is the new Motorola Targa. This smartphone just appeared on Howard Forums and little is known about it other than a rumored Christmas release date.

Motorola launched the first dual-core phone in the US with the Atrix 4G, so there is a chance that the Targa could become the first quad-core phone. NVIDIA recently demoed their quad-core Project Kal-El and said we should expect smartphones with the chip by Christmas. Motorola has a good relationship with NVIDIA, so I think they should be in the running to get the first smartphone with Kal-El.

Verizon already has the most impressive lineup of upcoming Android device in the next six months and it looks like they will continue to lead throughout the remainder of 2011.

How would you grade the rumored upgrades to Verizon’s Droid family?

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/03/pho...-be-first-phone-with-quad-core-nvidia-kal-el/[/h2]
[h2]Motorola Droid 3 to feature OMAP4, Motorola Targa to be first phone with quad-core NVIDIA Kal-El?[/h2]
Taylor Wimberly on Mar 16 at 11:46 am32 comments

verizon-motorola-targa.jpg
New information has surfaced on a trio of upcoming Motorola phones headed to Verizon. We already knew that Verizon was launching the dual-core Droid Bionic later in Q2, but they also have a growing lineup of multi-core devices including the Droid X2, Droid 3 and Droid Targa. Read on after the jump for the latest rumors and speculation.
[h2]Motorola Droid X2[/h2]

The Droid X2 is a refresh of the original Droid X, but this time Motorola went with a dual-core CPU. Rumored specs include a 1 GHz Tegra 2, 4.3 inch qHD display, 512 MB RAM, rear and front-facing cameras, and all the other bells and whistles of the original. Unlike the Droid Bionic which operates on Verizon’s 4G LTE network, the Droid X2 will only support Verizon 3G.

Look for this device to debut around early Q3 for $149-199 with a 2-year contract.
[h2]Motorola Droid 3[/h2]

The keyboard-packing Droid is back again for its yearly update. Lately Motorola has been giving NVIDIA’s Tegra 2 a lot of love, but we hear the Droid 3 will still use a Texas Instruments chip like the first two versions. Rumored specs for the Droid 3 include a dual-core 1 GHz OMAP4430 CPU, 4 inch qHD display, rear and front facing cameras, and a five-row QWERTY keyboard. It is also said to be a global device and feature a SIM card slot for GSM networks.

We have yet to learn if the Droid 3 will support 4G LTE or be limited to 3G only. I expect the Droid 3 will appear on Verizon in early Q3.
[h2]Motorola Droid Targa[/h2]

The most interesting Verizon device to leak out is the new Motorola Targa. This smartphone just appeared on Howard Forums and little is known about it other than a rumored Christmas release date.

Motorola launched the first dual-core phone in the US with the Atrix 4G, so there is a chance that the Targa could become the first quad-core phone. NVIDIA recently demoed their quad-core Project Kal-El and said we should expect smartphones with the chip by Christmas. Motorola has a good relationship with NVIDIA, so I think they should be in the running to get the first smartphone with Kal-El.

Verizon already has the most impressive lineup of upcoming Android device in the next six months and it looks like they will continue to lead throughout the remainder of 2011.

How would you grade the rumored upgrades to Verizon’s Droid family?

The Thunderbolt is sex in phone form. I skeptical as am with all phones especially Verizon phones but that #!% is awesome.

I speedtested the connection on one at a store and speed was 15.82 up 35.85 down.
eek.gif
eek.gif

How the !$#$ is that possible with a phone? My Time Warner at home doesn't do that.

The Thunderbolt is sex in phone form. I skeptical as am with all phones especially Verizon phones but that #!% is awesome.

I speedtested the connection on one at a store and speed was 15.82 up 35.85 down.
eek.gif
eek.gif

How the !$#$ is that possible with a phone? My Time Warner at home doesn't do that.

Picked up the Thunderbolt for 250. Happy.
pimp.gif

BigScreen
eek.gif

Getting +8mbps dl, +4mbps ul on Wifi Hotspot, while the ThunderBolt is running the Pandora App.  
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Yup.

Picked up the Thunderbolt for 250. Happy.
pimp.gif

BigScreen
eek.gif

Getting +8mbps dl, +4mbps ul on Wifi Hotspot, while the ThunderBolt is running the Pandora App.  
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Yup.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Quad-core on a phone
eek.gif
? Do people really need a phone thats faster than their computer?

Yea, that is pretty insane. I saw a diagram comparing the nvidia quad-core rivaling a intel core2duo
eek.gif
(I'm using a core2duo mac
laugh.gif
) how the hell a phone faster than a laptop
roll.gif

Android(2.2 or 2.3) doesn't even have support for multiple processors (Only 3.0 does) so imagine when it does we will be having phones controlling a whole network infrastructure or just checking facebook faster
30t6p3b.gif

2 out 3 of those motorola phones will be able do the same thing the Atrix does connect it to moto laptop to browse like your on a actual laptop.

Originally Posted by FullMetal

Quad-core on a phone
eek.gif
? Do people really need a phone thats faster than their computer?

Yea, that is pretty insane. I saw a diagram comparing the nvidia quad-core rivaling a intel core2duo
eek.gif
(I'm using a core2duo mac
laugh.gif
) how the hell a phone faster than a laptop
roll.gif

Android(2.2 or 2.3) doesn't even have support for multiple processors (Only 3.0 does) so imagine when it does we will be having phones controlling a whole network infrastructure or just checking facebook faster
30t6p3b.gif

2 out 3 of those motorola phones will be able do the same thing the Atrix does connect it to moto laptop to browse like your on a actual laptop.

Originally Posted by khadafi252

does a hacked android marketplace exist, similar to iphone's installous?
Yeah there is

Thinking of switching roms. Just noticed today on Myn's TwoPointTwo my front camera doesnt work since I switched kernels

What else is out there besides CM7 and MUIU as the better roms ya'll are using?

Yeah there is

Thinking of switching roms. Just noticed today on Myn's TwoPointTwo my front camera doesnt work since I switched kernels

What else is out there besides CM7 and MUIU as the better roms ya'll are using?

Is 4inch screens going to be standard now for all androids? I don't like bricks in my pocket and love the size on my incredible. And the thunderbolt looks dope but ill hold off on it since my incredible still works well. Ill wait until next year since androids get outdated mad quick. And that xoom is copped once I get my taxes back. I was going to get the ipad but only because it was cheaper. But the wifi comes out to the same price because I wanted 32gig anyway. And the xoom is superior to ipad

Nope, most of us buy our apps.
grin.gif

Kinda of regret stealing apps, but its not worth it no more when they only work for a limited time.
If Like Android you should also support the devs who create the apps, without them there will be no apps. If you keep stealing them, they will stop updating and stop making apps.

Is 4inch screens going to be standard now for all androids? I don't like bricks in my pocket and love the size on my incredible. And the thunderbolt looks dope but ill hold off on it since my incredible still works well. Ill wait until next year since androids get outdated mad quick. And that xoom is copped once I get my taxes back. I was going to get the ipad but only because it was cheaper. But the wifi comes out to the same price because I wanted 32gig anyway. And the xoom is superior to ipad

Back
Top Bottom