Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Originally Posted by KING x RIECE

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

For somebody who's not in the Android loop, can you tell me why you're passing up the Nexus S and EVO 3D for the GS2? Is the GS2 = Photon>?

Well in my case I've always had a HTC phone back to my days of the G1 and the batteries always sucked . The EVO 3D is very intriguing but the only differences is that its running sense 3.0 , dual core, and ofcourse the 3D. In my opinion the 3D is gonna be cool for about a couple weeks and I think ill never use it again not to mention what it will do to a most likely poor battery . I'm already running since 3.0 on my OG EVO I really like the new improvements to it but im back on A.D.W Launcher already
laugh.gif
I think the GS2 will be a better pick up for me because of the Super Amoled screen which is gorgeous and also a battery saver , the AMAZING camera , the great build quality from what I hear , and ofcourse how BEASTLY the specs are. Just seems like the more logical 500+ purchase to me since Sprint just changed their upgrade policy
30t6p3b.gif
Some of the same reasons I'm leaning GS2 over the 3D.
It's a quality built product, razor thin and the best camera on a smartphone EVER. The Evo's 3D will be a gimmick and a battery drainer, I use MIUI anyways, so Sense 3.0 means jack %%+@ to me. 

Exactly , looks like we gonna be on that GS2 wave
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

For somebody who's not in the Android loop, can you tell me why you're passing up the Nexus S and EVO 3D for the GS2? Is the GS2 = Photon>?

Well in my case I've always had a HTC phone back to my days of the G1 and the batteries always sucked . The EVO 3D is very intriguing but the only differences is that its running sense 3.0 , dual core, and ofcourse the 3D. In my opinion the 3D is gonna be cool for about a couple weeks and I think ill never use it again not to mention what it will do to a most likely poor battery . I'm already running since 3.0 on my OG EVO I really like the new improvements to it but im back on A.D.W Launcher already
laugh.gif
I think the GS2 will be a better pick up for me because of the Super Amoled screen which is gorgeous and also a battery saver , the AMAZING camera , the great build quality from what I hear , and ofcourse how BEASTLY the specs are. Just seems like the more logical 500+ purchase to me since Sprint just changed their upgrade policy
30t6p3b.gif
It's a quality built product, razor thin and the best camera on a smartphone EVER. The Evo's 3D will be a gimmick and a battery drainer, I use MIUI anyways, so Sense 3.0 means jack %%+@ to me. 

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moundraised23

Is tmo getting the nexus 4g or only the nexus s?
I don't think they're getting a new Nexus device until the 4th quarter.  Usually around December.

I don't think they're getting a new Nexus device until the 4th quarter.  Usually around December.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

If I perm root and flash a Gingerbread rom to my G2 will I get the notification when the official rom releases?

Yes if you're on a sense rom and 'unroot it' -Ship S-Off-No asop roms.
I have no idea what that last part means. Elaborate please.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif
never thought i'd say it but i'm gonna ride that wave too. owww

ohwell.gif
@samsung
ohwell.gif
@3d phones
pimp.gif
@ the gs2 screen and cam.

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
@samsung
ohwell.gif
@3d phones
pimp.gif

If I perm root and flash a Gingerbread rom to my G2 will I get the notification when the official rom releases?

S-off basically means it will be unlocked to the point where custom roms can be flashed to your phone.   
And he means AOSP (Android open source project) ROM, which is what all android phones have on them before it is customized by each carrier.   This is the basic, no addition android that people know and love.

S-off basically means it will be unlocked to the point where custom roms can be flashed to your phone.   
And he means AOSP (Android open source project) ROM, which is what all android phones have on them before it is customized by each carrier.   This is the basic, no addition android that people know and love.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

nexus s came out for T-Mobile last December

nexus 4g is for Sprint

To clarify some more

The Nexus S came out for t-mobile 1st and only does (gsm-based 3g bands) It does not do 4G cause it doesn't have the 4G HUSPA+ hardware.

The Nexus S for Sprint was recently released and does (cdma-based 3g bands) It can do 4G, since it has the 4G Wimax chip built into the phone.

Also Sprint and Google are becoming more tightly close when providing tech-services, like Google NFC "Wallet", Google Voice. So if you want a true full Google integration with a Nexus S go with sprint, if don't care go where you feel is the best for you.

Originally Posted by Regal Black

nexus s came out for T-Mobile last December

nexus 4g is for Sprint

To clarify some more

The Nexus S came out for t-mobile 1st and only does (gsm-based 3g bands) It does not do 4G cause it doesn't have the 4G HUSPA+ hardware.

The Nexus S for Sprint was recently released and does (cdma-based 3g bands) It can do 4G, since it has the 4G Wimax chip built into the phone.

Also Sprint and Google are becoming more tightly close when providing tech-services, like Google NFC "Wallet", Google Voice. So if you want a true full Google integration with a Nexus S go with sprint, if don't care go where you feel is the best for you.

Heres my question, if i root my g2x can i restore to factory settings or unroot. my plan is to return it when the sensation drops but i need to get rid off all the stuff tmo pre-installed cuz its killing my batt so fast.

Heres my question, if i root my g2x can i restore to factory settings or unroot. my plan is to return it when the sensation drops but i need to get rid off all the stuff tmo pre-installed cuz its killing my batt so fast.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

As far as i know, any phone can definitely be unrooted........But double check on xda before you do anything.

Originally Posted by djkaos23

As far as i know, any phone can definitely be unrooted........But double check on xda before you do anything.

I think you guys are basing your decision on the G2 just because it takes nice pictures... ask yourself how often do you even take pictures with your phone like that.

Well I know a girl who uploads like 20-30 pics a day to her facebook because it's linked to her phone or something she was telling me so for someone like her then yeah I understand.

For your regular phone user such as myself... talk/text mostly, and all the other stuff are just perks and added
pimp.gif

I'm going to do a wait and see approach on my next phone.

Evo is the best phone I've ever had and more than I could ever really ask for in a phone so I don't know if I'm willing to part with it as of yet.

I think you guys are basing your decision on the G2 just because it takes nice pictures... ask yourself how often do you even take pictures with your phone like that.

Well I know a girl who uploads like 20-30 pics a day to her facebook because it's linked to her phone or something she was telling me so for someone like her then yeah I understand.

For your regular phone user such as myself... talk/text mostly, and all the other stuff are just perks and added
pimp.gif

I'm going to do a wait and see approach on my next phone.

Evo is the best phone I've ever had and more than I could ever really ask for in a phone so I don't know if I'm willing to part with it as of yet.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
@samsung
ohwell.gif
@3d phones
pimp.gif

Thans fellas...
One more question... I don't see any mention of the Photon 4G from ANY of you, why is that?

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
@samsung
ohwell.gif
@3d phones
pimp.gif

Thans fellas...
One more question... I don't see any mention of the Photon 4G from ANY of you, why is that?

Back
Top Bottom