• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Played with the EVO 3D at work today. "GIMMICK" The 3D feature of the phone.

Build quality is great improvement from the OG EVO, it feels good in the hand and seems like it won't slip out your hands. However its doesn't have the premium fell of an iPhone 4 or the Sophistication of an Nexus S.
The Screen is an improvement though, from the OG EVO however its not like Samsung SAMOLED displays.
The 3D feature works well but it feels all washed out when your looking at in certain angles or trying to take a picture. If you want 3D and like 3D, by all means get it. However if your just getting because its the second EVO I rather wait, cause the EVO 3D doesn't have that same fell or urge to but instantly when the EVO 4G was release last year.
Software is great, but i don't like Sense UI.

Also got a chance to play with the Galaxy Tab 10.1
I'll will honestly say that its the "BEST" Android honeycomb tablet in the market thus far. the software fells a lot faster than the xoom software, imo. Its really light weight, and really comfortable to hold in the hand. It lack a few key features like SD card slot and hdmi, but if you want a really thin and fast device, this is the tablet to get.
I'm copping the 8.9 inch when that comes out.

Played with the EVO 3D at work today. "GIMMICK" The 3D feature of the phone.

Build quality is great improvement from the OG EVO, it feels good in the hand and seems like it won't slip out your hands. However its doesn't have the premium fell of an iPhone 4 or the Sophistication of an Nexus S.
The Screen is an improvement though, from the OG EVO however its not like Samsung SAMOLED displays.
The 3D feature works well but it feels all washed out when your looking at in certain angles or trying to take a picture. If you want 3D and like 3D, by all means get it. However if your just getting because its the second EVO I rather wait, cause the EVO 3D doesn't have that same fell or urge to but instantly when the EVO 4G was release last year.
Software is great, but i don't like Sense UI.

Also got a chance to play with the Galaxy Tab 10.1
I'll will honestly say that its the "BEST" Android honeycomb tablet in the market thus far. the software fells a lot faster than the xoom software, imo. Its really light weight, and really comfortable to hold in the hand. It lack a few key features like SD card slot and hdmi, but if you want a really thin and fast device, this is the tablet to get.
I'm copping the 8.9 inch when that comes out.

Not really surprised that the 5 MP cams of the EVO 3D take better pics than the EVO's single 8 MP cam. Way better focus.
I'm glad to hear the EVO 3D is slightly faster than the Sensation, though. I guess that extra 200+ MB of RAM is the reason?

Not really surprised that the 5 MP cams of the EVO 3D take better pics than the EVO's single 8 MP cam. Way better focus.
I'm glad to hear the EVO 3D is slightly faster than the Sensation, though. I guess that extra 200+ MB of RAM is the reason?

I'm considering getting a Galaxy Tab 10.1, I'm a newb when it comes to pc's and such so I just wanted to get opinions if it is worth it? Will probably just get the WiFi 16GB, just for browsing around and movies here and there. Opinions? Suggestions? Worth the $500 price?

I'm considering getting a Galaxy Tab 10.1, I'm a newb when it comes to pc's and such so I just wanted to get opinions if it is worth it? Will probably just get the WiFi 16GB, just for browsing around and movies here and there. Opinions? Suggestions? Worth the $500 price?

30t6p3b.gif
at how long its taking phonedog to release the evo 3d review.

[h1]T-Mobile Blocking Google Talk Video Chat Over 3G/4G[/h1]
File under: News

By: Joe Levi | 9:51 PM 20-Jun-11 | Comments

blocking-video-chat-3G-4G.jpg

Not long ago Google introduced audio/video chat into their Talk app (version 1.3) for Android -- but only on Gingerbread 2.3.4. This brought the same voice and video chat capabilities to the Nexus S as you can get in the desktop version of Google Talk.

Back then I predicted that this could be the beginning of the end for "traditional" cellular voice plans. Why would you need a voice plan if you could video chat with anyone in your contact list? Of course the recipient would also need Google Talk, and they'd have to be in front of their computer (or have a 2.3.4 powered smartphone) to answer your call, but the writing, it seemed, was on the wall.

Is that what T-Mobile feared? Is that the reason behind their recent blocking of audio/video chat over cellular data plans?

I should clarify.

Only smartphones have been blocked, tablets such as the GSlate reportedly can still use audio/video chat over 3G/4G.

Is T-Mobile afraid they'll be reduced to nothing more than a data provider? Are they looking out for our best interest by reducing the likelihood that we'll go over our data limits? Or was this an honest mistake that T-Mobile is "working on" fixing? Let us know what you think in the comments!

Source: Android and Me

[h1]T-Mobile Blocking Google Talk Video Chat Over 3G/4G[/h1]
File under: News

By: Joe Levi | 9:51 PM 20-Jun-11 | Comments

blocking-video-chat-3G-4G.jpg

Not long ago Google introduced audio/video chat into their Talk app (version 1.3) for Android -- but only on Gingerbread 2.3.4. This brought the same voice and video chat capabilities to the Nexus S as you can get in the desktop version of Google Talk.

Back then I predicted that this could be the beginning of the end for "traditional" cellular voice plans. Why would you need a voice plan if you could video chat with anyone in your contact list? Of course the recipient would also need Google Talk, and they'd have to be in front of their computer (or have a 2.3.4 powered smartphone) to answer your call, but the writing, it seemed, was on the wall.

Is that what T-Mobile feared? Is that the reason behind their recent blocking of audio/video chat over cellular data plans?

I should clarify.

Only smartphones have been blocked, tablets such as the GSlate reportedly can still use audio/video chat over 3G/4G.

Is T-Mobile afraid they'll be reduced to nothing more than a data provider? Are they looking out for our best interest by reducing the likelihood that we'll go over our data limits? Or was this an honest mistake that T-Mobile is "working on" fixing? Let us know what you think in the comments!

Source: Android and Me

Trading my Captivate for an Inspire 4G tomorrow, never had an HTC before, i hope rooting and flashing ROMS is as easy as it was on the Cap.

Trading my Captivate for an Inspire 4G tomorrow, never had an HTC before, i hope rooting and flashing ROMS is as easy as it was on the Cap.

Originally Posted by RFX45

play with the tab in-store beforehand.  my co-worker brought his in and it was unbearably laggy
sick.gif

personally, i dont see the appeal of tablets other than for portability.  for my purposes, i'd much rather put that $500 into an ultracompact laptop.  

Originally Posted by RFX45

play with the tab in-store beforehand.  my co-worker brought his in and it was unbearably laggy
sick.gif

personally, i dont see the appeal of tablets other than for portability.  for my purposes, i'd much rather put that $500 into an ultracompact laptop.  

I've been playing with this Galaxy s2 for a week and I have to say its a beast. So fast and responsive. The display is of course amazing. 
a223513948ce660ef2bc0f0dc06824e9a7e3f80.jpg

Back
Top Bottom