Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h4][/h4]
[h4]Archos intros 80 G9 and 101 G9 Android 3.1 tablets: 1.5GHz CPU, 250GB HDD, 3G-ready[/h4]
By Darren Murph posted Jun 23rd 2011 12:46PM

Breaking News

post_icon_pr.gif

Angling for a new Android 3.1 tablet, are ya? If so, Archos has a new pair emerging from Paris today, the 80 G9 and 101 G9. Predictably, the biggest differentiator between the two is the screen size, with the former offering an 8-inch panel with a 1024 x 768 screen resolution and the latter stepping up to a 10.1-incher (1280 x 800). Both of 'em are proudly using Seagate's 7mm Momentus Thin in order to scale to 250GB, but of course, only time will tell how a power-hungry HDD will do in tablet form factor.

Under the hood, you'll find a dual-core OMAP 4 processor (1.5GHz ARM Cortex A9), support for Flash, access to the Android Market and a full-size USB port -- one that's good for accepting the outfit's new G9 3G WWAN stick ($49). You'll also get an HDMI output, support for 1080p playback and a pay-as-you-go option with the aforesaid 3G dongle. The duo is scheduled to go on sale at the end of September (you know, just a month or two before Ice Cream Sandwich makes Honeycomb look like old hat), with the 80 G9 going for $279 and the 101 G9 for $349. Don't ever say Archos' accountants didn't look out for you.

eyes.gif
doubt they'll release them on schedule this time.

[h4][/h4]
[h4]Archos intros 80 G9 and 101 G9 Android 3.1 tablets: 1.5GHz CPU, 250GB HDD, 3G-ready[/h4]
By Darren Murph posted Jun 23rd 2011 12:46PM

Breaking News

post_icon_pr.gif

Angling for a new Android 3.1 tablet, are ya? If so, Archos has a new pair emerging from Paris today, the 80 G9 and 101 G9. Predictably, the biggest differentiator between the two is the screen size, with the former offering an 8-inch panel with a 1024 x 768 screen resolution and the latter stepping up to a 10.1-incher (1280 x 800). Both of 'em are proudly using Seagate's 7mm Momentus Thin in order to scale to 250GB, but of course, only time will tell how a power-hungry HDD will do in tablet form factor.

Under the hood, you'll find a dual-core OMAP 4 processor (1.5GHz ARM Cortex A9), support for Flash, access to the Android Market and a full-size USB port -- one that's good for accepting the outfit's new G9 3G WWAN stick ($49). You'll also get an HDMI output, support for 1080p playback and a pay-as-you-go option with the aforesaid 3G dongle. The duo is scheduled to go on sale at the end of September (you know, just a month or two before Ice Cream Sandwich makes Honeycomb look like old hat), with the 80 G9 going for $279 and the 101 G9 for $349. Don't ever say Archos' accountants didn't look out for you.

eyes.gif
doubt they'll release them on schedule this time.

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Didn't see this posted yet. Seems like the wait game will continue...

[h4]HTC EVO 4G+ official, but is it destined for Sprint? [/h4]
By Myriam Joire posted Jun 22nd 2011 at 9:46PM

post_icon_video.gif

Well, what do we have here? Hard to say for sure, but it looks like this just might be the rumored Kingdom (or more likely its doublemint twin, the Rider, which showed up in stills this morning) that recently visited the FCC -- basically a CDMA and WiMAX-capable Sensation. Considering that the leaked video is titled "HTC EVO 4G+ preview," and that the handset pictured is cosmetically identical to the EVO 3D except for the camera pod, we're inclined to believe that this might just be destined for Sprint -- although that WiBRO setting means this particular unit is meant for the Korean market. The twin 5 megapixel cameras have been replaced with a single 8 megapixel shooter housed in a similar sized pod, and the 2D / 3D mode slider next to the shutter key now switches between photos and video. Let's just hope we're not dealing with a discarded prototype or an Asia-only model, and that the phone's guts are just as juicy and delicious as its 3D sibling -- complete with qHD display and dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor.

Update: And just like that, it's official! HTC has just thrown down an official landing page for the EVO 4G+, and according to it, it's a phone that's "everything you can imagine." Bold. Thanks, Christian!
30t6p3b.gif
I usually am in support of variety but this is ridiculous, how can we decide on the best phone when another is right round the corner. Where's the innovation?

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Didn't see this posted yet. Seems like the wait game will continue...

[h4]HTC EVO 4G+ official, but is it destined for Sprint? [/h4]
By Myriam Joire posted Jun 22nd 2011 at 9:46PM

post_icon_video.gif

Well, what do we have here? Hard to say for sure, but it looks like this just might be the rumored Kingdom (or more likely its doublemint twin, the Rider, which showed up in stills this morning) that recently visited the FCC -- basically a CDMA and WiMAX-capable Sensation. Considering that the leaked video is titled "HTC EVO 4G+ preview," and that the handset pictured is cosmetically identical to the EVO 3D except for the camera pod, we're inclined to believe that this might just be destined for Sprint -- although that WiBRO setting means this particular unit is meant for the Korean market. The twin 5 megapixel cameras have been replaced with a single 8 megapixel shooter housed in a similar sized pod, and the 2D / 3D mode slider next to the shutter key now switches between photos and video. Let's just hope we're not dealing with a discarded prototype or an Asia-only model, and that the phone's guts are just as juicy and delicious as its 3D sibling -- complete with qHD display and dual-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon processor.

Update: And just like that, it's official! HTC has just thrown down an official landing page for the EVO 4G+, and according to it, it's a phone that's "everything you can imagine." Bold. Thanks, Christian!
30t6p3b.gif
I usually am in support of variety but this is ridiculous, how can we decide on the best phone when another is right round the corner. Where's the innovation?

so the inspire i bought on ebay comes today.
when it arrives do i need to do anything besides just pop my sim card out of my blackberry 9700 and into the inspire?
ie do i need to call att or go get a new sim card or something?

so the inspire i bought on ebay comes today.
when it arrives do i need to do anything besides just pop my sim card out of my blackberry 9700 and into the inspire?
ie do i need to call att or go get a new sim card or something?

Just copped an Evo 3D from Sprint so I have a few AT&T phones i'm going to unload HTC Inspire, iPhone 32gig, Palm Pre, and Motorola Backflip if anyone wants to cop PM me.

Just copped an Evo 3D from Sprint so I have a few AT&T phones i'm going to unload HTC Inspire, iPhone 32gig, Palm Pre, and Motorola Backflip if anyone wants to cop PM me.

I've had the EVO 3D for a little over 24 hours now....

This phone is an absolute beast. saying it's fast might be an understatement. I bought this phone based on the processor power alone, and I am extremely pleased thus far.

Call quality is just fine. Not entirely what some of the initial reviewers were talking about.

Battery life is so-so. Viewing/using the 3D aspects of the phone drains your battery significantly.

I'll be the first to say I thought the whole 3D thing was gimmicky and for the birds, but it's actually pretty cool. Pictures definitely have depth and do pop out at you. I don't see myself using it all too often, but it's definitely a nice bonus to have. If anything, it's a nice convo starter. Have had multiple people come up and ask about it.

Shooting in 2D is better than the EVO 4G. Might be better camera optics or whatever, but the focus is improved on this phone.

I know there's a divide on Sense....but Sense 3.0 is really nice. HTC continues to improve the UI. Weather animations are slick and the lockscreen is nifty as hell.

Any questions? Shoot 'em.

I've had the EVO 3D for a little over 24 hours now....

This phone is an absolute beast. saying it's fast might be an understatement. I bought this phone based on the processor power alone, and I am extremely pleased thus far.

Call quality is just fine. Not entirely what some of the initial reviewers were talking about.

Battery life is so-so. Viewing/using the 3D aspects of the phone drains your battery significantly.

I'll be the first to say I thought the whole 3D thing was gimmicky and for the birds, but it's actually pretty cool. Pictures definitely have depth and do pop out at you. I don't see myself using it all too often, but it's definitely a nice bonus to have. If anything, it's a nice convo starter. Have had multiple people come up and ask about it.

Shooting in 2D is better than the EVO 4G. Might be better camera optics or whatever, but the focus is improved on this phone.

I know there's a divide on Sense....but Sense 3.0 is really nice. HTC continues to improve the UI. Weather animations are slick and the lockscreen is nifty as hell.

Any questions? Shoot 'em.

ima just stick with the regular Evo and wait till next year to upgrade. Flashing new roms is like having a new phone every time i do that
pimp.gif

ima just stick with the regular Evo and wait till next year to upgrade. Flashing new roms is like having a new phone every time i do that
pimp.gif

I just ordered a Sensation 4G. I'm not going to switch to the 4G network yet since I still have my grandfathered in blackberry data plan for $19. If I pop my sim out of the Blackberry and into the Sensation will I still have access to the 3G network or do i need to switch my plan?

I just ordered a Sensation 4G. I'm not going to switch to the 4G network yet since I still have my grandfathered in blackberry data plan for $19. If I pop my sim out of the Blackberry and into the Sensation will I still have access to the 3G network or do i need to switch my plan?

You HAVE to switch your plan. Unless T-Mobile doesn't differentiate the 3G data plan from the 4G data plan.

You HAVE to switch your plan. Unless T-Mobile doesn't differentiate the 3G data plan from the 4G data plan.

^ u have to switch plans. i popped my sim card from bb 9700 to sensation and the internet didn't work even though they showed the 4g logo. i called tmobile and was forced to leave my grandfathered bb plan for the 4g data plan fml.

^ u have to switch plans. i popped my sim card from bb 9700 to sensation and the internet didn't work even though they showed the 4g logo. i called tmobile and was forced to leave my grandfathered bb plan for the 4g data plan fml.

Got sense 3.0 running on the inspire
pimp.gif
im starting to like HTC now.

SGSII needs to drop for att though, only phone im switching to.

Got sense 3.0 running on the inspire
pimp.gif
im starting to like HTC now.

SGSII needs to drop for att though, only phone im switching to.

Originally Posted by Gordonson

My Captivate's battery life on MIUI 1.6.17:

(This is a little off. I had accidentally deleted my screen cap of my screen on time before I plugged in. I think that it was at like 2 hrs and 40 minutes.)

Tons of texting, light manga reading, light FB app browsing, around 20 minutes of web browsing on wi-fi, everything is autosyncing, wi-fi was on all day, I think 3 calls, and about an hour of music playback.

Not bad at all 
pimp.gif
That's around how much I get on my Cappy running Mosaic IV but when I first tried MIUI the battery was eh but I'll get it another try tomorrow after the update drops and plus I wanna try learning how mod the framework

Back
Top Bottom