• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just ordered the evo 3d for my dad for fathers day...got the port credit of 125 off of evo price of 149.

#BAWSE

just ordered the evo 3d for my dad for fathers day...got the port credit of 125 off of evo price of 149.

#BAWSE

so when's this coming to sprint?

nerd.gif

So how many hours of battery life are you EVO 3D owners getting? I'm still debating if i should buy it or the Atrix

So how many hours of battery life are you EVO 3D owners getting? I'm still debating if i should buy it or the Atrix

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Software,
[h4]Atrix 4G bootloader unlocked: you can hack it up today or wait for official Gingerbread update[/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Jun 24th 2011 2:36AM

The Atrix 4G is today an eminently more intriguing smartphone than it was yesterday. Leaked code from Motorola's upcoming Gingerbread update for the handset has made its way into the hands of the always-eager coders at xda-developers, which has resulted in two things: one, the discovery that Motorola intends to unlock the Atrix's bootloader when it upgrades it to Android 2.3, and two, downloadable files to let you do exactly that today, even if you're still stuck on Froyo. Moto users have been pleading for this change for a long time and Motorola did pledge to make it happen across its portfolio of devices, but it comes as a mild (and happy) surprise to see this change being effected retroactively. Check the links below to see how you can unchain your phone's bootloader if you can't wait for the official software to drop.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

post_label_VIA.gif
BriefMobile
post_label_source.gif
xda-developers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sprint Q3 Rumors: Epic 4G 2, Galaxy S2, and a PTT Blackberry?[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 4:44 PM 24-Jun-11 | Comments

sprint_logo.jpg

What does the future have in store for Sprint? Some information from what This Is My Next believes to be a trustworthy source has some idea, revealing some tidbits about what smartphones Sprint could be planning to release over the course of Q3 2011.

Some of the models the source mentions we've heard of already, or at least we likely have. He mentions a "full touch 4G" Samsung that's on the horizon. While that doesn't definitively nail it down as any one particular model, we are expecting Sprint to release the Galaxy Within in the next month, its branded version of the Galaxy S2, so that's certainly a strong contender.

Word is that there will be a sequel-of-sorts coming from Samsung in the form of the Epic 2. Now, unfortunately, this seems like an especially minor update - more like a hardware refresh than a full-on replacement. For instance, the Epic 2 is supposed to keep the same-size four-inch display as the Epic 4G, and while it's supposed to get a clock bump up to 1.2GHz, it will still have a single-core processor. Also look for the camera to go from five to eight megapixels; better specs, sure, but not a huge improvement.

RIM's got plenty of BlackBerry models coming out this year, a welcome upgrade for its aging product line. While Sprint will be getting its fair share of these, particularly with the Bold Touch and Monaco rumored to arrive, this tipster also believes that there's a push-to-talk BlackBerry joining them. We don't have any info on just where that one would fall in RIM's product lineup, but it's great news for PTT fans.

Source: This Is My Next

http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/24/sprint-samsung-epic-2-galaxy-within-blackberry-bold-touch-monaco/

Originally Posted by VeEzyV

article_label_fileunder.gif
Cellphones, Mobile Software,
[h4]Atrix 4G bootloader unlocked: you can hack it up today or wait for official Gingerbread update[/h4]
By Vlad Savov posted Jun 24th 2011 2:36AM

The Atrix 4G is today an eminently more intriguing smartphone than it was yesterday. Leaked code from Motorola's upcoming Gingerbread update for the handset has made its way into the hands of the always-eager coders at xda-developers, which has resulted in two things: one, the discovery that Motorola intends to unlock the Atrix's bootloader when it upgrades it to Android 2.3, and two, downloadable files to let you do exactly that today, even if you're still stuck on Froyo. Moto users have been pleading for this change for a long time and Motorola did pledge to make it happen across its portfolio of devices, but it comes as a mild (and happy) surprise to see this change being effected retroactively. Check the links below to see how you can unchain your phone's bootloader if you can't wait for the official software to drop.

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

post_label_VIA.gif
BriefMobile
post_label_source.gif
xda-developers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sprint Q3 Rumors: Epic 4G 2, Galaxy S2, and a PTT Blackberry?[/h1]
File under: News

By: Stephen Schenck | 4:44 PM 24-Jun-11 | Comments

sprint_logo.jpg

What does the future have in store for Sprint? Some information from what This Is My Next believes to be a trustworthy source has some idea, revealing some tidbits about what smartphones Sprint could be planning to release over the course of Q3 2011.

Some of the models the source mentions we've heard of already, or at least we likely have. He mentions a "full touch 4G" Samsung that's on the horizon. While that doesn't definitively nail it down as any one particular model, we are expecting Sprint to release the Galaxy Within in the next month, its branded version of the Galaxy S2, so that's certainly a strong contender.

Word is that there will be a sequel-of-sorts coming from Samsung in the form of the Epic 2. Now, unfortunately, this seems like an especially minor update - more like a hardware refresh than a full-on replacement. For instance, the Epic 2 is supposed to keep the same-size four-inch display as the Epic 4G, and while it's supposed to get a clock bump up to 1.2GHz, it will still have a single-core processor. Also look for the camera to go from five to eight megapixels; better specs, sure, but not a huge improvement.

RIM's got plenty of BlackBerry models coming out this year, a welcome upgrade for its aging product line. While Sprint will be getting its fair share of these, particularly with the Bold Touch and Monaco rumored to arrive, this tipster also believes that there's a push-to-talk BlackBerry joining them. We don't have any info on just where that one would fall in RIM's product lineup, but it's great news for PTT fans.

Source: This Is My Next

http://thisismynext.com/2011/06/24/sprint-samsung-epic-2-galaxy-within-blackberry-bold-touch-monaco/

Originally Posted by chino905

^ u have to switch plans. i popped my sim card from bb 9700 to sensation and the internet didn't work even though they showed the 4g logo. i called tmobile and was forced to leave my grandfathered bb plan for the 4g data plan fml.
unlocked sensation (running on at&t) ftw
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
 .....didn't need to switch plans or carriers.....

Originally Posted by chino905

^ u have to switch plans. i popped my sim card from bb 9700 to sensation and the internet didn't work even though they showed the 4g logo. i called tmobile and was forced to leave my grandfathered bb plan for the 4g data plan fml.
unlocked sensation (running on at&t) ftw
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
 .....didn't need to switch plans or carriers.....

Just curious, to your guys who are currently on Sprint. Any of you willing to run down their pros & cons as a provider? Are yall happy with the service? I still have 2 weeks to decide if i wanna stay with at&t or not. While I like the service and love my inspire...the fact that I don't have unlimited data really limits what I can do with the phone...any suggestions?

Just curious, to your guys who are currently on Sprint. Any of you willing to run down their pros & cons as a provider? Are yall happy with the service? I still have 2 weeks to decide if i wanna stay with at&t or not. While I like the service and love my inspire...the fact that I don't have unlimited data really limits what I can do with the phone...any suggestions?

Originally Posted by davizzy

ima just stick with the regular Evo and wait till next year to upgrade. Flashing new roms is like having a new phone every time i do that
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good to see some new people on the android train!!!!!!!

Now, the EVO 4G+........What yall think about that?
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by davizzy

ima just stick with the regular Evo and wait till next year to upgrade. Flashing new roms is like having a new phone every time i do that
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Good to see some new people on the android train!!!!!!!

Now, the EVO 4G+........What yall think about that?
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Sprint is horrible
 not as horrible as T-Mobile...i'm tired of their "losing their towers" and getting absolutely no phone service...three times in 2011 so far. six times total....they do have great customer service but in the end, that doesn't matter...

I bit and bought the EVO 3D yesterday....so far so good. not my first time on Android and HTC....i was a former Google G1 user....let's just say HTC has come a long way imo.... Happy with my new phone... and my former t mobile iphone has converted to an ipod touch....

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

Sprint is horrible
 not as horrible as T-Mobile...i'm tired of their "losing their towers" and getting absolutely no phone service...three times in 2011 so far. six times total....they do have great customer service but in the end, that doesn't matter...

I bit and bought the EVO 3D yesterday....so far so good. not my first time on Android and HTC....i was a former Google G1 user....let's just say HTC has come a long way imo.... Happy with my new phone... and my former t mobile iphone has converted to an ipod touch....

Back
Top Bottom