Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

anybody got a quick link on where I can set up my Galaxy 2 to its full potential? good apps, movies, layout, etc.
1. Read the OP
2. xda-forums.com

3. Read #1 and #2

anybody got a quick link on where I can set up my Galaxy 2 to its full potential? good apps, movies, layout, etc.
1. Read the OP
2. xda-forums.com

3. Read #1 and #2

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/10/devices/video-htc-sensation-xl-preview-at-ctia/[/h2]
[h2]Video: HTC Sensation XL preview at CTIA[/h2]

The HTC Sensation XL was announced last Thursday for the European market. Unfortunately, it’s not coming to the US. But it is definitely an amazing piece of work from HTC. Taylor and I had the chance to play around with the device for a while, and we even got a brief preview from an HTC representative.

The device looks great on paper. It has some strong specs and pleasing aesthetics. But the Sensation XL looks even better in real life. Its 4.7-inch form-factor is actually not as overwhelming as you’d imagine. The build quality is very solid. This is typical of HTC devices, which tend to feel a bit heavier. However, this is not the case with the HTC Sensation XL; the handset is surprisingly lightweight.

We had the chance to play with a few other devices, and the Sensation XL was definitely one of the lightest. Weighing 146 grams, this device is almost as light as the HTC Rhyme (a 3.7-inch device) and is much lighter than devices like the HTC Thunderbolt and the HTC Amaze 4G  (available today).

DSC_0036-2-300x200.jpg

The best part of this device is the screen. It’s honestly the best display I’ve seen in any device. The colors are very bright, vibrant and saturated, and the viewing angles are simply impressive. (Head to the gallery to see viewing angles). We took some comparison images next to the Samsung Galaxy S II (King of displays) and the HTC Thunderbolt; the Sensation XL simply blows them out of the water.

One of the biggest concerns was the lack of a dual-core processor. But, with the processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, this device is much smoother than many dual-core devices on the market.

Beats technology is also included, and the device comes with the UrBeats headset. Music enthusiasts will be excited for this addition. The sound is very well optimized, but we’re not sure this would be a huge decision factor yet, at least not for most users.

Overall, the device is a huge step beyond other HTC devices and should be taken into account when purchasing your next smartphone. According to the HTC representative, this device won’t be making it to the US, but it might be worth importing. Check out the gallery and video posted below for more details, and let us know your opinions. Are any of our European readers planning to purchase an HTC Sensation XL? Would you guys be willing to import it?

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2011/10/devices/video-htc-sensation-xl-preview-at-ctia/[/h2]
[h2]Video: HTC Sensation XL preview at CTIA[/h2]

The HTC Sensation XL was announced last Thursday for the European market. Unfortunately, it’s not coming to the US. But it is definitely an amazing piece of work from HTC. Taylor and I had the chance to play around with the device for a while, and we even got a brief preview from an HTC representative.

The device looks great on paper. It has some strong specs and pleasing aesthetics. But the Sensation XL looks even better in real life. Its 4.7-inch form-factor is actually not as overwhelming as you’d imagine. The build quality is very solid. This is typical of HTC devices, which tend to feel a bit heavier. However, this is not the case with the HTC Sensation XL; the handset is surprisingly lightweight.

We had the chance to play with a few other devices, and the Sensation XL was definitely one of the lightest. Weighing 146 grams, this device is almost as light as the HTC Rhyme (a 3.7-inch device) and is much lighter than devices like the HTC Thunderbolt and the HTC Amaze 4G  (available today).

DSC_0036-2-300x200.jpg

The best part of this device is the screen. It’s honestly the best display I’ve seen in any device. The colors are very bright, vibrant and saturated, and the viewing angles are simply impressive. (Head to the gallery to see viewing angles). We took some comparison images next to the Samsung Galaxy S II (King of displays) and the HTC Thunderbolt; the Sensation XL simply blows them out of the water.

One of the biggest concerns was the lack of a dual-core processor. But, with the processor clocked at 1.5 GHz, this device is much smoother than many dual-core devices on the market.

Beats technology is also included, and the device comes with the UrBeats headset. Music enthusiasts will be excited for this addition. The sound is very well optimized, but we’re not sure this would be a huge decision factor yet, at least not for most users.

Overall, the device is a huge step beyond other HTC devices and should be taken into account when purchasing your next smartphone. According to the HTC representative, this device won’t be making it to the US, but it might be worth importing. Check out the gallery and video posted below for more details, and let us know your opinions. Are any of our European readers planning to purchase an HTC Sensation XL? Would you guys be willing to import it?

soo

the screen on my Samsung epic 4g just cracked
the phone seems to still function, however.

add to that my pc is broken and the one I'm borrowing doesn't seem to recognize my phone with/without drivers from Samsung website.

http://forums.androidcent...irect-screen-output.html
this is as far as I've searched.
what file should I be looking for if this worked?

also I used an ap to keep notes, did I lose notes I didnt back up?

I'd appreciate ANY HELP!
thank you!

soo

add to that my pc is broken and the one I'm borrowing doesn't seem to recognize my phone with/without drivers from Samsung website.

I'd appreciate ANY HELP!
thank you!

ditching my iphone and picking up my galaxy 2 today... Hi my name is rayray3thousand, and I am new to team droid

(gonna need help setting this thing up to its full potential fam.. thanks)

I am in the same boat, just got galaxy 2 as my first android phone. Someone school me on must have apps, widgets, games, best browser, etc.!

ditching my iphone and picking up my galaxy 2 today... Hi my name is rayray3thousand, and I am new to team droid

I am in the same boat, just got galaxy 2 as my first android phone. Someone school me on must have apps, widgets, games, best browser, etc.!

Originally Posted by JJ1223

page 1 bros 
your phones probably already came stock with every app you need, but theres still a few must haves like pandora, fruit ninja, words with friends, chrome to phone...depends on what kinda user you are but read page 1 for sure. 

Originally Posted by JJ1223

page 1 bros 
your phones probably already came stock with every app you need, but theres still a few must haves like pandora, fruit ninja, words with friends, chrome to phone...depends on what kinda user you are but read page 1 for sure. 

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

soo

I'd appreciate ANY HELP!
thank you!
your link doesnt work but you need samsung kies...just go to samsung website find your phone and download drivers 

soo

I'd appreciate ANY HELP!
thank you!
your link doesnt work but you need samsung kies...just go to samsung website find your phone and download drivers 

can I do all of this without the screen of the phone?
also like I said i'm on a borrowed computer where I don't believe the drivers worked

also like I said i'm on a borrowed computer where I don't believe the drivers worked

no needs to be downloaded on ur pc...what r u trying to do exactly

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

screen blacked out on my epic 4g.
just want to save all I can, aps, notes, contacts, w/e

I cant even answer calls since the touchscreen is also down.

I ordered a new one through insurance, is switching screens my last option? 
laugh.gif
you just use your email and put it in on your new phone and it should sync your contacts...there used to be a "my apps" section in the app store idk what happened it but it would sync your apps to guess not no more...but yeah switch screens but you shouldnt be loosing much 

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

screen blacked out on my epic 4g.
just want to save all I can, aps, notes, contacts, w/e

I cant even answer calls since the touchscreen is also down.

I ordered a new one through insurance, is switching screens my last option? 
laugh.gif
you just use your email and put it in on your new phone and it should sync your contacts...there used to be a "my apps" section in the app store idk what happened it but it would sync your apps to guess not no more...but yeah switch screens but you shouldnt be loosing much 

Back
Top Bottom