Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

The Galaxy Nexus wasn't worth me jumping carriers for. So ill just have to wait for the GS3 to release on sprint which im not upset about because the Camera, GPU , CPU will all out perform the Galaxy Nexus exponentially . It's funny because alot of blogs and websites still consider the GS2 and the best smartphone available .

Not sure about that one (Verge, Engadget, BGR...), but if you say so.
I'll give you the camera.  The CPU... the GNex is incredibly smooth.  Being a 1.2ghz dual core vs 1.5ghz dual core isn't making much of a difference.

And the biggest factor of buying the Gnex is that it is a pure Google experience meaning you get the latest Android updates before anyone else.  No stupid skins that stall updates for months like other Samsung, HTC, LG, etc phones.

The Galaxy Nexus wasn't worth me jumping carriers for. So ill just have to wait for the GS3 to release on sprint which im not upset about because the Camera, GPU , CPU will all out perform the Galaxy Nexus exponentially . It's funny because alot of blogs and websites still consider the GS2 and the best smartphone available .

I'll give you the camera.  The CPU... the GNex is incredibly smooth.  Being a 1.2ghz dual core vs 1.5ghz dual core isn't making much of a difference.

And the biggest factor of buying the Gnex is that it is a pure Google experience meaning you get the latest Android updates before anyone else.  No stupid skins that stall updates for months like other Samsung, HTC, LG, etc phones.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

*QFT*

The Galaxy Nexus isn't all about specs, its about showcasing the Latest Android Software in a package. You can have great hardware, but if the software is crapp you wouldn't be able to harness the great features of the hardware. I was considering getting GS2 variant for sprint but its missing one key feature i think will really take-off which is NFC.

*QFT*

The Galaxy Nexus isn't all about specs, its about showcasing the Latest Android Software in a package. You can have great hardware, but if the software is crapp you wouldn't be able to harness the great features of the hardware. I was considering getting GS2 variant for sprint but its missing one key feature i think will really take-off which is NFC.

Any galazy nexus users having trouble adding music/video to it typically i just drag abd drop from itunes but its not letting me

Any galazy nexus users having trouble adding music/video to it typically i just drag abd drop from itunes but its not letting me

If I didn't drop bread on a new suit last night, I prob would have copped the nexus, I`m probably gonna chill though, joint is nice but I don't trust Android like that, but the wait for a 4g iPhone is tiring

If I didn't drop bread on a new suit last night, I prob would have copped the nexus, I`m probably gonna chill though, joint is nice but I don't trust Android like that, but the wait for a 4g iPhone is tiring

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

A wolf is sheep's clothing
30t6p3b.gif

choppa+suit.jpg

Copped your self a choppa suit?

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

A wolf is sheep's clothing
30t6p3b.gif

choppa+suit.jpg

Copped your self a choppa suit?

Outside of the HD screen there is nothing the G nexus has on GS2 sans ice cream sandwich. If you are heavy into rooting and installing custom roms and have a GS2 going to the Nexus would be a step back IMO especially since fully working ICS roms are all over the place on plenty different phones.

Oh, and does it truly deserve to wear the Nexus name? No, not quite, but we're not going to let ourselves get too worked up about that.

-Engadget

Outside of the HD screen there is nothing the G nexus has on GS2 sans ice cream sandwich. If you are heavy into rooting and installing custom roms and have a GS2 going to the Nexus would be a step back IMO especially since fully working ICS roms are all over the place on plenty different phones.

Oh, and does it truly deserve to wear the Nexus name? No, not quite, but we're not going to let ourselves get too worked up about that.

-Engadget

Originally Posted by JewelKnows

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Returning my Skyrocket for the original GSII on ATT. The SR is a GREAT phone and i am in a LTE area but the screen problems are pushing me away. i also like to flash a lot of ROM's and there's really little development going on for the SR. Going from a great phone to another is
pimp.gif

how did you find out if your screen was defective? I wanna check mines and makesure its not te same case. 
Its gonna drive you crazy if you find out you do. It seems to be a hardware defect, theres a lot of links about it look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1382457

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...p-store-confirms-skyrocket-screen-defect.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1337194

Originally Posted by JewelKnows

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Returning my Skyrocket for the original GSII on ATT. The SR is a GREAT phone and i am in a LTE area but the screen problems are pushing me away. i also like to flash a lot of ROM's and there's really little development going on for the SR. Going from a great phone to another is
pimp.gif

how did you find out if your screen was defective? I wanna check mines and makesure its not te same case. 
Its gonna drive you crazy if you find out you do. It seems to be a hardware defect, theres a lot of links about it look here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1382457

http://androidforums.com/samsung-ga...p-store-confirms-skyrocket-screen-defect.html

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1337194

cracked my gs2 screen like 4 days after buying. is this real tripe. gonna have to shell out 160$ + to get a new screen and a couple of hours to try and fix it myself. thing is not even original samsung parts. feels bad man.

cracked my gs2 screen like 4 days after buying. is this real tripe. gonna have to shell out 160$ + to get a new screen and a couple of hours to try and fix it myself. thing is not even original samsung parts. feels bad man.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

id call samsung to see if they offer repair service. if its under warranty, for that money, you can get your phone fixed and checked for any other issues and shipped back to you for free...and you don't void your warranty, which you can do via self repair..i know htc does this.

Originally Posted by Mycoldyourdone

id call samsung to see if they offer repair service. if its under warranty, for that money, you can get your phone fixed and checked for any other issues and shipped back to you for free...and you don't void your warranty, which you can do via self repair..i know htc does this.

I'm eligible for an upgrade (currently have droid 1) and I think I'm just going to get the Incredible 2 for free. I wouldn't mind getting a razr or nexus, but money is tight. I'm not a huge fan of the incredible 2, but I just want a new phone and don't feel like waiting on anything else to get marked down drastically. I'm thinking that this may be the best deal I'll run across, esp b/c it's free.

I'm eligible for an upgrade (currently have droid 1) and I think I'm just going to get the Incredible 2 for free. I wouldn't mind getting a razr or nexus, but money is tight. I'm not a huge fan of the incredible 2, but I just want a new phone and don't feel like waiting on anything else to get marked down drastically. I'm thinking that this may be the best deal I'll run across, esp b/c it's free.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I know times are rough bro, but don't sign a 2 year contract on something you do not want.

Back
Top Bottom