• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Upgraded my HD2 for the E4GT, this phone is beast
pimp.gif

Battery life could be better but we all know how that goes...

Upgraded my HD2 for the E4GT, this phone is beast
pimp.gif

Battery life could be better but we all know how that goes...

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I'm so close to switching to the iphone.
Think I'll wait until MWC and see if anything is coming out soon that I might want. Really want to see what these Quad core phones are like

Think about this....what did a dual core mobile cpus bring to the table that single cores were not capable of? not much, quad cores will be even worse. Its not like you are going to need 4 cores its not like anyone is transcoding or doing real work with a cell phone...the mobile wars should be strictly software preference

I'm so close to switching to the iphone.
Think I'll wait until MWC and see if anything is coming out soon that I might want. Really want to see what these Quad core phones are like

Think about this....what did a dual core mobile cpus bring to the table that single cores were not capable of? not much, quad cores will be even worse. Its not like you are going to need 4 cores its not like anyone is transcoding or doing real work with a cell phone...the mobile wars should be strictly software preference

Main thing I can think of with the new nVidia chip are better games
Which is a good point but you should think about investing in a tablet if you are interested in those games. Specifically those high hardware games are usually games that would be better suited on a tablet rather a phone.

Me personally I am more interested in the future evolution of our tablets rather than cell phones, my cell phone is primarily a communication device even though its gained a lot more features than it used to have it still is mainly for communication or retrieving information. There is really so much power you can give a device that small, all this power is more suited for a bigger device. Im more interested longer battery life advancements, camera quality improvement, and data speeds when it comes to cell phones. Tablets are the future when it comes to entertaining ourselves in the future.

My only gripe with the current situation is the pricing of Tablets. $500 is a lot to invest on a device but perhaps im spoiled by subsidized pricing

Which is a good point but you should think about investing in a tablet if you are interested in those games. Specifically those high hardware games are usually games that would be better suited on a tablet rather a phone.

Me personally I am more interested in the future evolution of our tablets rather than cell phones, my cell phone is primarily a communication device even though its gained a lot more features than it used to have it still is mainly for communication or retrieving information. There is really so much power you can give a device that small, all this power is more suited for a bigger device. Im more interested longer battery life advancements, camera quality improvement, and data speeds when it comes to cell phones. Tablets are the future when it comes to entertaining ourselves in the future.

My only gripe with the current situation is the pricing of Tablets. $500 is a lot to invest on a device but perhaps im spoiled by subsidized pricing

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

QFT. Amazon made bank selling the Kindle Fire at $200, look to see other manufacturers start trying to compete at the low end. It's already started with ASUS's $249 Tegra 3 tablet.

QFT. Amazon made bank selling the Kindle Fire at $200, look to see other manufacturers start trying to compete at the low end. It's already started with ASUS's $249 Tegra 3 tablet.

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

^ i start off with an already used theme and dissect em and mix and match other elements, framewerk, etc and make a whole theme off that.

Pluto though...
astronaut_status_by_jaydean03-d4nbx3n.png

glad to be off that damb ev0.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Is there somewhere that teaches you how to do stuff like this to your phone because I be really lost and Im a noob when comes to rooting I have a galaxy nexus
and already unlocked the bootloader but havent gone past that 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

^ i start off with an already used theme and dissect em and mix and match other elements, framewerk, etc and make a whole theme off that.

Pluto though...
astronaut_status_by_jaydean03-d4nbx3n.png

glad to be off that damb ev0.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Is there somewhere that teaches you how to do stuff like this to your phone because I be really lost and Im a noob when comes to rooting I have a galaxy nexus
and already unlocked the bootloader but havent gone past that 
embarassed.gif

Already have one. I bought the 1st gen Transformer last summer and yeah all I use it for is I put my textbooks on there and I play games.
A longer battery life is really the main thing I want as well. I think if they're going to release a Quad core phone they spent most time worrying about the battery life of it.

Already have one. I bought the 1st gen Transformer last summer and yeah all I use it for is I put my textbooks on there and I play games.
A longer battery life is really the main thing I want as well. I think if they're going to release a Quad core phone they spent most time worrying about the battery life of it.

Ive jailbroken several iphones and ipod touches but never rooted. For anybpdy who has dobe both, how do they compare in terms of difficulty?

Ive jailbroken several iphones and ipod touches but never rooted. For anybpdy who has dobe both, how do they compare in terms of difficulty?

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

depends on phone, some are easy and have 1 click root, some you need type in commands
but ive rooted like 5 different android devices n jailbroke a ipod its about equal just follow directions 

Originally Posted by MaddoxKay

depends on phone, some are easy and have 1 click root, some you need type in commands
but ive rooted like 5 different android devices n jailbroke a ipod its about equal just follow directions 

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2012/01/devices/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-specs-confirmed-by-industry-insider/[/h2]
[h2]Samsung Galaxy S III specs confirmed by industry insider?[/h2]

The Samsung Galaxy S III is the most anticipated next Android phone, so it’s no surprise the buzz is building up as we near an official announcement. To date we have seen an anonymous 4chan description of the device, an alleged leaked slide, a fake teaser video and now a supposed hands-on report from an industry insider.

Earlier today, Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin started tweeting that he had received a Samsung Galaxy S III. We have covered some of Eldar’s rumors before and found he sometimes gets things wrong, but he is spot on other times. For example, Eldar was one of the first to confirm that the Galaxy S II had a dual-core processor back in 2010.

Eldar Murtazin @eldarmurtazin

HD resolution, 12 mpx camera, sw tweaks, android 4 - i like my new phone. Eager to see official announcement in Barcelona

24 Jan 12

This time Eldar is claiming the Galaxy S III will run Android 4.0 with software tweaks (TouchWiz anyone?), be powered by a 1.5-1.6 GHz quad-core processor (likely the Exynos 4412), feature a HD Super AMOLED Plus display and include a 12 MP camera. When it comes to design, Eldar says the SGSIII is the “same in most aspects

[h2]http://androidandme.com/2012/01/devices/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-specs-confirmed-by-industry-insider/[/h2]
[h2]Samsung Galaxy S III specs confirmed by industry insider?[/h2]

The Samsung Galaxy S III is the most anticipated next Android phone, so it’s no surprise the buzz is building up as we near an official announcement. To date we have seen an anonymous 4chan description of the device, an alleged leaked slide, a fake teaser video and now a supposed hands-on report from an industry insider.

Earlier today, Russian blogger Eldar Murtazin started tweeting that he had received a Samsung Galaxy S III. We have covered some of Eldar’s rumors before and found he sometimes gets things wrong, but he is spot on other times. For example, Eldar was one of the first to confirm that the Galaxy S II had a dual-core processor back in 2010.

Eldar Murtazin @eldarmurtazin

HD resolution, 12 mpx camera, sw tweaks, android 4 - i like my new phone. Eager to see official announcement in Barcelona

24 Jan 12

This time Eldar is claiming the Galaxy S III will run Android 4.0 with software tweaks (TouchWiz anyone?), be powered by a 1.5-1.6 GHz quad-core processor (likely the Exynos 4412), feature a HD Super AMOLED Plus display and include a 12 MP camera. When it comes to design, Eldar says the SGSIII is the “same in most aspects

Well damn. I hope other OEM's come out with good competition, I don't want to see Samsung dominating the game.
laugh.gif

Well damn. I hope other OEM's come out with good competition, I don't want to see Samsung dominating the game.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mp3911

laugh.gif

I think HTC is going to announce something big at MWC too

Back
Top Bottom