• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm really hoping the new Nexus puts it ahead of the S3 and it's not just a catch up. It would make no sense for that to happen, but I've seen crazier things.

Wouldn't mind HTC making it either. I think their phones are some of the best looking (One X comes to mind). But I'm good w/ Sammy. I'm eligible for an upgrade right now and could get the S3 but I'd rather have that pure, untouched, virgin Android experience :pimp:

When is that one dropping?

Google tends to announce during late fall, early winter time and release it a month away. Hopefully they get it out by december, even though I'm no binded by any contract but it can set the bar high for Android coming out of 2012 and going into 2013.

Rumors their are going to be multiple Nexus phones released by 4 manufactures HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG:smile:x God Forbid). I would rather see just 1 though and made by Sony. (Multiple Nexus phones would create problems in terms of software support and hackery)

This is the trend so far of all the R/D of each Nexus phone
Nexus one released January
Nexus S released December
Galaxy Nexus released November

Hopefully we get some leaks.

Last edited:
Google tends to announce during late fall, early winter time and release it a month away. Hopefully they get it out by december, even though I'm no binded by any contract but it can set the bar high for Android coming out of 2012 and going into 2013.
Rumors their are going to be multiple Nexus phones released by 4 manufactures HTC, Samsung, Sony, LG:smile:x God Forbid). I would rather see just 1 though and made by Sony. (Multiple Nexus phones would create problems in terms of software support and hackery)
This is the trend so far of all the R/D of each Nexus phone
Nexus one released January
Nexus S released December
Galaxy Nexus released November
Hopefully we get some leaks.

The Galaxy Nexus leaked very slowly. For quite sometime our excitement was over a rendered silhouette created from a millisecond glimpse at the end of a Samsung ad. Hell, no one even knew when it was coming out until a few days before it came out.

Last edited:
man i hope the nexus comes out before nov i dont wanna wait too long we need some news or something
super anxious for a new one :lol:

Might make the jump to the S3 ..

Since I'm on Verizon and I want to keep my unlimited plan, eBay the best bet?

Just got the s3 today from verizon. Should I root it?

And if I do root it, what basic things should I install after? Sorry this is my first android phone. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
gb.png

gb2.png

Android-Benchmarks.gif

K

Haters gon hate. Lol that's a CDMA issue not an Apple one.

Regardless it's still on YOUR phone.

I'm not hating on iPhones at all. I just said it's dope. It just sucks that they love to live in the past. I honestly feel like iPhone users are still deprived of the conveniences that other phone users enjoy.

*cough* NFC *cough*

What good is a fast phone when all it could do is zip you to "Passbook"? :lol:
All I have to do is tap an NFC enabled phone on a terminal and I could board a train.

-Drew

Barely any NFC stuff in the states and I've never had the need form voice and data at same time others may and like I said its a CDMA thing AT&T doesn't have that issue. Folks steady talking up NFC that nobody uses, it's a cool feature but def not a necessity at the current moment.

Oh well I'm out

Barely any NFC stuff in the states and I've never had the need form voice and data at same time others may and like I said its a CDMA thing AT&T doesn't have that issue. Folks steady talking up NFC that nobody uses, it's a cool feature but def not a necessity at the current moment.
Oh well I'm out

No one uses it much in the U.S. because we're so slow to adapt to it. Your response just shows why we haven't been up on this tech.
You can thank Apple for slowing our advances towards NFC technology as well for not introducing it into their so-called "new" iPhone.

-Drew

Oh well I'm out

No one uses it much in the U.S. because we're so slow to adapt to it. Your response just shows why we haven't been up on this tech.
You can thank Apple for slowing our advances towards NFC technology as well for not introducing it into their so-called "new" iPhone.

-Drew

this. the iphone is a big market. apple not including nfc isn't going to help progress its use in the US.

this. the iphone is a big market. apple not including nfc isn't going to help progress its use in the US.

Right? And of course Apple sheep would be quick to dismiss NFC and say their "Passbook" is the future lol.

-Drew

Did this guy just come in here and post one benchmark? :lol: you sheep are funnier than I thought

EDIT: And LuckyLuchy sounds familiar.. are you the dude who returned his S3 because the camera and no other reason? :rofl: get out of here son

And he's in here talking about NFC ain't nothing.. wait til the iPhone 5s drops with NFC and them iphone fools will eat it up like it's the next big thing.. ala their 5 with the 4" screen and LTE finally

Last edited:
I like the note2 but, based off the video all that is different is the screen is .2 inches bigger, and some software updates that leads me to wonder if there is some app or rom that will allow users to do if not all but some of those new features on their note 1.
note 2 is gonna be a quad core..

imo if I had the OG note I don't think I'd use an upgrade on the 2.. it's got a bigger battery which it should being a quad core it's gonna need it.. also the OG resolution is better and more ppi, same exact screen(HD Super AMOLED) so if anything the OG has a better screen.. same camera, and 1 more GB of ram..

This is just me, though.. if I was coming from something lower end like the GS2 or something like that it's worth it but from the Note 1 or the S3 or One X not worth it imo
[table][tr][th=""]Galaxy Note N7000[/th][th=""]Galaxy Note II  N7100[/th][/tr][tr][td]Dimensions[/td][td]5.78 x 3.27 x 0.38 inches (146.9 x 83 x 9.7 mm)[/td][td]5.95 x 3.16 x 0.37 inches (151.1 x 80.5x 9.4mm)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Weight[/td][td]6.28 oz. (178g)[/td][td]6.35 oz. (180g)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen size[/td][td]5.3 inches[/td][td]5.5 inches[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen resolution[/td][td]1,280 x 800 pixels (285ppi)[/td][td]1,280 x 720 pixels (267ppi)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Screen type[/td][td]HD Super AMOLED[/td][td]HD Super AMOLED[/td][/tr][tr][td]Battery[/td][td]2,500mAh[/td][td]3,100mAh[/td][/tr][tr][td]Internal storage[/td][td]16GB[/td][td]16 / 32 / 64GB[/td][/tr][tr][td]External storage[/td][td]microSD (up to 32GB)[/td][td]microSD (up to 64GB)[/td][/tr][tr][td]Rear camera[/td][td]8MP[/td][td]8MP[/td][/tr][tr][td]Front-facing cam[/td][td]2MP[/td][td]1.9MP[/td][/tr][tr][td]Video capture[/td][td]1080p[/td][td]1080p[/td][/tr][tr][td]NFC[/td][td]In select variants[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Radios[/td][td]HSPA+, LTE[/td][td]HSPA+, LTE[/td][/tr][tr][td]Bluetooth[/td][td]version 3.0[/td][td]version 4.0[/td][/tr][tr][td]SoC[/td][td]1.4GHz dual-core Exynos[/td][td]1.6GHz quad-core Exynos[/td][/tr][tr][td]RAM[/td][td]1GB[/td][td]2GB[/td][/tr][tr][td]MHL[/td][td]Yes[/td][td]Yes[/td][/tr][tr][td]Operating system[/td][td]Android 2.3 (upgraded to 4.0)[/td][td]Android 4.1 Jelly Bean[/td][/tr][/table]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom