• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be introduced in February at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, according to The Korea Times.

The report from the Times, the oldest English-language newspaper in South Korea, where Samsung is based, cites unnamed company officials and parts suppliers in the region.

Among the Galaxy S4's features will be a 5-inch screen, slightly larger than the display on the popular Galaxy S III and a full inch bigger than the iPhone 5, the report said.

It will have more powerful hardware and software and will "definitely use" 4G LTE networks, a parts supplier told the paper.

Phones running Google's Android operating system have been outselling the iPhone for some time. But that's a fragmented field that includes dozens of phones of varying quality. No single handset has established itself as a serious rival to Apple's phone.

The Galaxy S III has made perhaps the best claim. Last month, the company announced it had sold more than 20 million units in three months, making September the first month since the release of the iPhone 4S that it wasn't the world's top-selling smartphone.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/17/tech/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s-4/

I'm taking this with a grain of salt. It doesn't make any sense to me. I can see Samsung releasing a Galaxy S3+, some sort of variant. Such as they did with the Galaxy S2 and the released the S2 Skyrocket a few months later.

I think the next Nexus will not be a big update, similar to the 4S. Unless they are releasing Android 5.0. A lot of phones don't have JB yet and OS updates take forever :smh: .I know Sprint hasn't released the Gnex JB update yet. I would be surprised if a pure JB wasn't put out. I don't like the idea of a 5inch screen

Last edited:
The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be introduced in February at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, according to The Korea Times.

The report from the Times, the oldest English-language newspaper in South Korea, where Samsung is based, cites unnamed company officials and parts suppliers in the region.

Among the Galaxy S4's features will be a 5-inch screen, slightly larger than the display on the popular Galaxy S III and a full inch bigger than the iPhone 5, the report said.

It will have more powerful hardware and software and will "definitely use" 4G LTE networks, a parts supplier told the paper.

Phones running Google's Android operating system have been outselling the iPhone for some time. But that's a fragmented field that includes dozens of phones of varying quality. No single handset has established itself as a serious rival to Apple's phone.

The Galaxy S III has made perhaps the best claim. Last month, the company announced it had sold more than 20 million units in three months, making September the first month since the release of the iPhone 4S that it wasn't the world's top-selling smartphone.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/17/tech/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s-4/

I'm taking this with a grain of salt. It doesn't make any sense to me. I can see Samsung releasing a Galaxy S3+, some sort of variant. Such as they did with the Galaxy S2 and the released the S2 Skyrocket a few months later.

I think the next Nexus will not be a big update, similar to the 4S. Unless they are releasing Android 5.0. A lot of phones don't have JB yet and OS updates take forever :smh: .I know Sprint hasn't released the Gnex JB update yet. I would be surprised if a pure JB wasn't put out. I don't like the idea of a 5inch screen

for some reason i feel like a new nexus will be a big update with some really really good specs -crosses fingers- :lol:
doubt its gonna be an update similar to the 4s though

Last edited:
Yo...I need some pointers with a cyanogen rooted EVO 4g. I got this to replace my SGS2. The seller put Jellybean on it and said it was a tad bit glitchy also that the phone has ROM Manager on it and its easy to switch between that and Gingerbread. How would I go about this? Links or whatever are appreciated.

Last edited:
Damn, talks about S4 already......Been waiting for concrete info on said "One X 5" for what seems like forever 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure mastamind is right on this one.. I doubt it will be the S4.. it will be like a S3+ most likely a slightly bigger screen and other little things like how the skyrocket was to the gs2.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure mastamind is right on this one.. I doubt it will be the S4.. it will be like a S3+ most likely a slightly bigger screen and other little things like how the skyrocket was to the gs2.

[COLOR=#red]They wanted to release the S3 during the last MWC, but it was delayed. This information comes from vendors and other trusted sources. Let's do a GUARANTEED paypal bet that it will be the S4. $50 that it will be the S4. I'm that sure of it. Any takers on this bet? I keep my word on bets BTW. [/COLOR]

Last edited:

[COLOR=#red]Skyrocket was released specifically because it had LTE and they wanted to capitalize on it before waiting for a full cycle to release the S3.[/COLOR]

I know I'm a rookie when it comes to Android, but I don't think I'd want anything bigger than 4.5-4.7 inch screens. I'm all for bigger screens for those who want them, so phones like the Note are awesome for that crowd.. but I couldn't see myself getting anything bigger than the Galaxy Nexus.

Thankfully I've only dropped it one time since I've owned it, and the case did it's job and protected it fro the pavement.

^ honestly i think 5in is a little too big too but im still looking foward to it :pimp:
i mean just imagine da quality on all dat screen :x

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Like it or love it bigger screens are the natural evolution of mobile devices. It will probably cap out at 5.5 inches though. The Original GNote did much better than expected...the market spoke and as a result manufacturers are going to increase the screen size. Even Apple's screen got bigger... even after Steve Jobs notoriously stated that "nobody wants one of those " referring to larger screens.[/COLOR]

for some reason i feel like a new nexus will be a big update with some really really good specs -crosses fingers- :lol:
doubt its gonna be an update similar to the 4s though

I think it's gonna be a better processor, screen, ext GB, and maybe a bigger screen size too.

I know Sprint hasn't released the Gnex JB update yet.

I have JB on my Sprint Gnex. Unless Sprint's recent "JB" update is actually a beefed-up ICS. :nerd:

I stand corrected, it began rolling out a week or two ago.

[COLOR=#red]They wanted to release the S3 during the last MWC, but it was delayed. This information comes from vendors and other trusted sources. Let's do a GUARANTEED paypal bet that it will be the S4. $50 that it will be the S4. I'm that sure of it. Any takers on this bet? I keep my word on bets BTW. [/COLOR]

My comment was more so directed to articles saying that the phone would actually release in early 2013. I should have been clearer. Having the separate event for the S3 really worked in their favor, I don't see why they would change that.
I would assume that if the screen did go up to 5inches...we can expect the Gnote screen to be .5-1inch bigger?

that LG looks good as hell on paper but will be trash like every other LG device.

I`m really surprised Sony isnt a Major player.

Samsung is going to be doing keynotes on their own be half instead of going to trade shows. Going that route will give them greater limelight and exposure have people aware of one product instead of being among 1000 of OEM at MWC trying to carry the torch of the best smartphone announcement.

Samsung is going to be doing keynotes on their own be half instead of going to trade shows. Going that route will give them greater limelight and exposure have people aware of one product instead of being among 1000 of OEM at MWC trying to carry the torch of the best smartphone announcement.
Eh.

Samsung thinking they're Apple. Nope.

I`m surprised HTC isnt going with a 5.3 or 5.5 to be direct comp to the Note, if the Note 2 drops on VZW though that HTC is gonna collect dust besides cats upgrading from their old Incredibles because HTC has no juice any more really, and the Note is The Phablet to your avg consumer like the iPad is The Tablet.

I`m surprised HTC isnt going with a 5.3 or 5.5 to be direct comp to the Note, if the Note 2 drops on VZW though that HTC is gonna collect dust besides cats upgrading from their old Incredibles because HTC has no juice any more really, and the Note is The Phablet to your avg consumer like the iPad is The Tablet.

The One XXL is going (hopefully) to be the Note 'Competition'

The reason why HTC has "No Juice" because of Samsung (GS3) Hype. They're still beasts and now they're going for cheap! :smokin

I'd much rather have a HTC phone. The build quality of their devices are unmatched. Batteries are pretty weak though. So hopefully the new one they announce tomorrow has a huge battery.
Here's that Motorola device I was talking about that's powered by Intel. I'm going to pass on this one but hopefully this means more Intel phones soon. 2.0 ghz is a beast though

Motorola RAZR i launches in London, features 2.0GHz Intel processor
by Bogdan Petrovan on Sep 18, 2012 with 4 Comments

Today in London, Motorola and Intel hosted a joint event to announce the newest member of the Razr family and the first phone from Motorola to feature an Intel processor – the Motorola RAZR i.

The RAZR i is actually a variant of the Razr M that was launched a couple of weeks back in New York. It appears that the RAZR i will come to the UK market first, but the device will hit the rest of Europe and Latin America.

Motorola RAZR i specs

The Motorola RAZRi specs are similar to those of the American Razr M, with one big difference – the European version features an Intel Medfield processor. This would make the RAZR i the first device from a major international manufacturer to feature an Intel CPU, although the Orange San Diego, the Lava Xolo X900 and the Lenovo K800 have hit the market sooner.

The CPU in the RAZRi is the first mobile processor to reach frequencies of 2.0GHz. All three earlier Intel-powered devices were clocked at 1.6GHz. Moreover, Intel claims that the single-core Medfield chip in the RAZR i can beat dual-core processors from competitors. Some previous benchmarks do give credence to their statement, but we’ll have to wait for some hands-on time before we can verify the claim.

The other distinctive feature of the Motorola Droid RAZR i is the edge-to-edge 4.3-inch screen, with a 960 x 540 pixels resolution. Motorola emphasized that, while the RAZR i and the new iPhone 5 have about the same physical size, the screen on the “I” is actually larger, thanks to the very thin edge. Speaking of the display, it’s a Super AMOLED Advance.

Other noteworthy features include the distinctive Kevlar backing, the 8MP camera, NFC, and a respectable 2000mAH battery. The power pack should provide enough energy for 20 hours of use, and Motorola said that it’s 40% better than the iPhone 4S. The Droid RAZR i will come in 8GB, 16GB, and 32GB versions, and will feature a microSD card. Everything is packed into a nice aluminum frame that is supposed to be water repellent.

The RAZR i is obviously important for Intel, but it seems that Motorola has invested a lot into it too. The company’s Andrew Morley called the RAZR i the “biggest launch since the Razr”, ostensibly referring to the original Razr.

Motorola RAZR i price and availability

The black version of the Motorola RAZR i will be available in European and Latin American markets in October. So far, Motorola announced that the phone will sell in the UK, France, Germany, Argentina, Brazil and Mexico, while more markets will be announced in the future. The white version of the device (which we think looks better) will be available in “select markets”.

Stay tuned for pricing information.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom