• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
mean.gif
why you gotta call my phone lower end..
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Nahhhh I don't know why I put that there.. but you know what I'm talking about 
laugh.gif
.. couldn't come up with good examples of lower end phones, and that's the only one that came to mind.. the s2 still a very good phone and wouldn't be considered a lower end phone in most cases.

i hear the iphone doesnt have a traditional arm architecture in their chip

anyone know whats the difference?

i hear the iphone doesnt have a traditional arm architecture in their chip
anyone know whats the difference?
It's ARM, but it's a custom design. For example, most dual core SoC's on the market (TI, Samsung, Nvidia, etc.) usually have dual Cortex-A9's since they license the core itself from ARM. On the other hand, Qualcomm licenses the right to change the core, so they have their own design with their Snapdragon S4 SoC. Apple used to be in the first camp with their SoC's going up to the A5X, but now they're designing their own cores like Qualcomm, which are more powerful than Cortex-A9's.

Poor quality of apps.... and he says I sound dumb

now shoo

boy you sound dumb go read any tech blog or go to a store yourself and download an app thats on android to an iphone 6 out of 10 times the Android app is lower quality. Thing is you cant admit it because android is all you know. I got no reason to be a sheep I done used it all.

I know nothing but android eloel.. my friend, I have owned all the iPhones up to the 4.. and still use the 4 as my iPod... I used to be like everyone else with the hype and the biggest iPhone(and Apple) fanboy in the history of fanboyism.. that same month I got the 4 I copped the Captivate and that was all she wrote.

But now enough with reading "tech blogs".. tell me which apps YOU use that were lower quality on the android as opposed to the iPhone? aware me pls

Last edited:
I wanted to ask why is the wifi strength on my gnex so weak compared to my evo lte. Is there a chance that there might be something wrong with it and i need to get a replacement??

:lol: im saying.... i dont need 50 screens full of apps... what do i actually use? gmail, yahoo email, netflix, hbogo, youtube, slickdeals... and a little more... i mean how much quality am i missing?.. will my chase app look better? scramble? yahoo FF?. craigslist app? groupon? twitter?..

I know nothing but android eloel.. my friend, I have owned all the iPhones up to the 4.. and still use the 4 as my iPod... I used to be like everyone else with the hype and the biggest iPhone(and Apple) fanboy in the history of fanboyism.. that same month I got the 4 I copped the Captivate and that was all she wrote.

But now enough with reading "tech blogs".. tell me which apps YOU use that were lower quality on the android as opposed to the iPhone? aware me pls

Instagram, Facebook, heck even Temple Run seemed wack. I said tech blogs so you could have physical reference. Bro I worked in Wireless two years, while you reading on phones online I played with all these devices first hand and was given these phones to use for free for work and bought over 6 android devices on my own, lol but what do I know I`m an iSheep oh well.

laugh.gif
im saying.... i dont need 50 screens full of apps... what do i actually use? gmail, yahoo email, netflix, hbogo, youtube, slickdeals... and a little more... i mean how much quality am i missing?.. will my chase app look better? scramble? yahoo FF?. craigslist app? groupon? twitter?..
but but but.. go read the tech blogs that's what they're all saying

glad I made the switch from 9900 to the S3 rather then wait for the iphone 5.
this is basically how I tell the difference from the 4s to 5.

:smh: Okay you post benchmark specs great the iphone scores better in performance, fantastic. Okay now for how long will it kept that "Benchmark King title" Keep in mind hardware manufactures that make cpu SoC test them on the Android platform. They are able to create and design cpu chips and tailor them to their liking. They make fast, slow, moderate....etc that "Benchmark King title" is nothing. Android is at a scale where it innovation is carried on its back by many partners who support a open source platform. If we didn't have that there be hurdles to overcome with closed source software. Apple wouldn't allow chip makers to test their software while experimenting, ios wouldn't be really be close source software it they allowed. iphone will have this "Benchmark King title" for temporally. Why? Cause the Next Generation Nexus aint out yet :nerd: and ARM based chips that will carry better performance will just be around the corner.

[COLOR=#red]We don't even have to wait for the new Nexus...the SGSIII running Jellybean wins the Benchmark title. Actually the SGSNoteII will be running Quad-core AND have LTE. Also it has been officially announced that the Samgsung Galaxy S4 will be released in February coinciding with the 2013 Mobile World Congress event. It will have a 5" screen and will have an even faster chipset. The Nexus phones are the ones that pretty much previews the newest Android OS the soonest. But the powerhouse and flagship of Samsung is clearly the Galaxy line...and that is what has Apple shook. Apple is hoping Samsung fades away into "Bolivian", but they are just going to keep coming with more and more, and if you notice with every new release you seem to see more iPhone people switching over. [/COLOR]

The Samsung Galaxy S4 will be introduced in February at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain, according to The Korea Times.

The report from the Times, the oldest English-language newspaper in South Korea, where Samsung is based, cites unnamed company officials and parts suppliers in the region.

Among the Galaxy S4's features will be a 5-inch screen, slightly larger than the display on the popular Galaxy S III and a full inch bigger than the iPhone 5, the report said.

It will have more powerful hardware and software and will "definitely use" 4G LTE networks, a parts supplier told the paper.

Phones running Google's Android operating system have been outselling the iPhone for some time. But that's a fragmented field that includes dozens of phones of varying quality. No single handset has established itself as a serious rival to Apple's phone.

The Galaxy S III has made perhaps the best claim. Last month, the company announced it had sold more than 20 million units in three months, making September the first month since the release of the iPhone 4S that it wasn't the world's top-selling smartphone.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/17/tech/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s-4/

Is that unlimited skips/ad-free Pandora out there¿ The links I've seen and tried haven't worked for me. :frown:

HTC's 5-inch behemoth phone spied in press render, may be called One X 5
htc-one-x-5.jpg

Something big has been brewing at HTC, most often referred to as the DLX or by its less-than-flattering 6435LVW name. While there have been unconfirmed photos of prototypes floating around, a Sina Weibo user has posted what we have reason to believe is an authentic press image of the finished result: meet the One X 5. As the name and image suggest, the phablet-class device should be dominated by a 5-inch (and possibly 1080p) screen that makes even a regular One X look dainty. Internal details haven't been nailed down alongside the looks, although previous benchmarks have had it using a Snapdragon S4 that might ultimately be a quad-core S4 Pro. There's no immediate signs of a stylus or other tricks besides that sea of glass. We may not have long to wait before we find out, however. HTC just happens to have a New York City event planned for this Wednesday, and previously detected links between the 6435LVW and Verizon could see the One X 5 quickly reach the US if it's meant to show at that gathering -- although it might get another name change to fit into the Droid family.

Hopefully it carries the unique editing software like the Note, and not some large screen to watch Pr0n. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom