• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For those that have the S3 and have Jelly Bean. Are there any differences? I'm thinking of looking into loading Jelly Bean or waiting for the official release. Suggestions?

Got a question about flashing new roms.

I'm currently running a GB rom, but a ICS rom was just released for my phone (FINALLY).

It's been a while since I went from Froyo to GB. I'm pretty sure I remember that when I flashed the GB rom, my data/service didn't work. I had to do the GB update (not via OTA) first before I could flash the rom.

So am I right in saying that before I flash the ICS rom, I have to update to ICS first (which is a leak btw)? Or is ICS essentially already built in the rom?

This is the rom btw ...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1832512

Last edited:
i agree. the music management on the iphone is top notch it doesnt compare to android
how long did it take u guys to upload ur music to google play? been uploading for like 6 hours and only 300 outta 2000 have been uploaded

I dont understand the need to upload music to google play...........i have an external hard drive with 1 terebyte of memory with all my music on it and a 32GB sd card in my galaxy III in addition to the 16BG (12GB) of space.

But im not like everybody, i dont keep every song on every album just to have the full album.......if i cant rock with the song, it gets deleted from the phone and the full album can stay on the hard drive.

i agree. the music management on the iphone is top notch it doesnt compare to android
how long did it take u guys to upload ur music to google play? been uploading for like 6 hours and only 300 outta 2000 have been uploaded

I dont understand the need to upload music to google play...........i have an external hard drive with 1 terebyte of memory with all my music on it and a 32GB sd card in my galaxy III in addition to the 16BG (12GB) of space.

But im not like everybody, i dont keep every song on every album just to have the full album.......if i cant rock with the song, it gets deleted from the phone and the full album can stay on the hard drive.

the reason i set up google music is because now when i put music on my itunes then google play automatically updates and pushes it to my phone

^
Whoa, didn't know you could update the music on your phone that way. I stopped adding music on my Droid a year ago because I got too lazy to drag and drop the files onto the phone :lol:.

Got a question about flashing new roms.
I'm currently running a GB rom, but a ICS rom was just released for my phone (FINALLY).
It's been a while since I went from Froyo to GB. I'm pretty sure I remember that when I flashed the GB rom, my data/service didn't work. I had to do the GB update (not via OTA) first before I could flash the rom.
So am I right in saying that before I flash the ICS rom, I have to update to ICS first (which is a leak btw)? Or is ICS essentially already built in the rom?
This is the rom btw ...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1832512

It's all built in. Give it a shot bro. No need to update your current ROM. Flash and go. Do a Nand backup before you flash tho.

audiogalaxy >>> Google music.
Only downside is that the machine that has your music has to be on for it to work.

I just went from a rooted thunderbolt to the S3...couple questions, should I root the S3? And how is battery life out the box

I just went from a rooted thunderbolt to the S3...couple questions, should I root the S3? And how is battery life out the box
I can get a full day on my phone with medium usage pretty easily..

I'm using AOKP Tasks and Ktoonsez rom and it's 
pimp.gif
 used this same ROM with my S2 I have laying around.. I should sell that thing or use it as my new MP3 player or something

Last edited:
So i just got my galaxy nexus in the mail which i had no idea was coming today. It came with only ICS installed, how do i update to Jelly Bean. Brand new user to Android so excuse the ignorance. This was purchased directly from Google so it's the unlocked HSPA+ version so i'm surprised it hasn't been updated to JB. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it while playing around in the menus.

Last edited:
Getting 15 and a half hours out of battery so far today for my One X. Finally getting my battery life to where it need to be. Last week my battery would last like 6 hours.

Loving this Nexus so far, so many options that i didn't have with my iphone, additional screen size is :wow: as well. Any useful apps or tips for android noobs like myself? Any good apps i should look into? I also want to sync my music from itunes on my macbook by playlist, what would be the best way to do this. I already have all of my music hooked up to google play music but i don't want to have to rely only on that to get my music in case i'm in an area where i'm not getting mobile coverage, not to mention the battery getting drained faster by streaming. Thanks.

Last edited:
Loving this Nexus so far, so many options that i didn't have with my iphone, additional screen size is :wow: as well. Any useful apps or tips for android noobs like myself? Any good apps i should look into? I also want to sync my music from itunes on my macbook by playlist, what would be the best way to do this. I already have all of my music hooked up to google play music but i don't want to have to rely only on that to get my music in case i'm in an area where i'm not getting mobile coverage, not to mention the battery getting drained faster by streaming. Thanks.
Press the three dot button in the action bar and select choose on-device music, it'll let you select playlists or albums or whatever to download to your device so you can listen to them offline. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom