Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thank goodness Samsung dismissed those rumors about the S4. :nthat:
I hope they just stick with a 4.8 in. screen. I feel that's the best size.
http://thenextweb.com/mobile/2012/09/18/nothing-see-here-samsung-dismisses-galaxy-s4-launch-rumors/
-Drew

[COLOR=#red]We'll ultimately see. Rumors can go either way. Sometimes information leaks prematurely at the detriment to a company and they dispel it as rumors. You never can tell these days. Time will tell. [/COLOR]

I guess you're not trying to make that bet anymore >D

New launcher for Android tablets.  Looks 
pimp.gif

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/18/chameleon-launcher-1.0-google-play/

[h2] [/h2]
[h2]LG Optimus G coming to US in November, as the next Nexus?[/h2]
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]LG first announced their flagship Android phone the Optimus G  last month, and today the company released additional details about the global launch at an event in Korea. LG said the phone will go on sale in Korea starting next week followed by key global markets in October. An additional report from the Associated Press  claims that the device will come to the US in November. [/color]

Currently the LG Optimus G is rumored to be headed to AT&T and Sprint under the name LG Eclipse 4G LTE. Verizon and T-Mobile also have strong relationships with LG, so it is possible we could see the device on those networks as well. LG has scheduled a press event tomorrow in New York, so we could have the US launch details within the next 24 hours.

Key Specifications of the Optimus G include:
  • Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro processor with 1.5GHz Quad-Core Krait CPUs and LTE
  • Operating System: Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (upgradeable to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean)
  • Network: 2G / 3G / LTE
  • Display: 4.7-inch WXGA True HD IPSPlus (1280 x 768 pixels) / 15:9 ratio
  • Memory: 32GB
  • RAM: 2GB DDR
  • Camera: 13.0MP or 8.0MP rear / 1.3MP front
  • Battery: 2,100mAh (570Wh/L) / Talk time: 15 hours / Standby: 335 hours
  • Size: 131.9 x 68.9 x 8.45mm
  • Weight: 145g
  • Other: Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, USB2.0 HS, A-GPS, MHL and DLNA, NFC

[h2]The LG Optimus Nexus?[/h2]
jelly-bean-nexus-boot.jpg

At this time last year we had tons of Nexus rumors to talk about, but it has been oddly quiet this time around. Google hasn’t really surprised us with any of their Android devices, so we expect some kind of solid details to leak out soon.

Back in May the Wall St. Journal reported that there would be multiple Nexus devicessold through Google’s online device store by Thanksgiving. That rumor was echoed again by a leak in August that said LG, Samsung, and Sony  were all working on Nexus devices.

This week two of our trusted sources, who helped us uncover every other Nexus device to date, both told me they expect LG to produce a Nexus smartphone this year. We don’t have any pictures, specs, or benchmarks to publish, so you should still just consider this a rumor.

Even though no hard evidence has been provided, but we still believe there will be at least one Nexus smartphone come November. And when we evaluate the pure hardware that each handset maker might use, LG has us the most excited  for this year. Their Optimus G will have the fastest mobile processor, best display, highest resolution camera, and new battery technology.

I have heard some larger OEMs openly question if it’s in their best interest to produce a Nexus smartphone, when all previous generations have disappointed in sales numbers. LG is still considered an underdog by many in the smartphone industry, so a Nexus device would greatly help to build up their image among the hardcore Android faithful.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait much longer for the next Nexus.

Via: Associated Press

Source: LG Newsroom

Last edited:
Yall really some lames man for real 
laugh.gif

Not too long ago Samsung's flagship model was the intercept and we all was rocking with HTC devices then the Galaxy series dropped.

LG's last flagship got good reviews from The Verge they are on the way up whether fanboys realize it or not

I'm not saying everyone should go cop a phone from LG but to dismiss it before seeing reviews/in person is corny as hell to me.

Yall really some lames man for real :lol:

Not too long ago Samsung's flagship model was the intercept and we all was rocking with HTC devices then the Galaxy series dropped.

LG's last flagship got good reviews from The Verge they are on the way up whether fanboys realize it or not

I'm not saying everyone should go cop a phone from LG but to dismiss it before seeing reviews/in person is corny as hell to me.

I have my eyes on LG and yes they are on a come up but we'll see. LG and Nexus just doesn't sound right.

Eh I've been burned by LG way too many times in the past. Some of the worst phones ever, I'm talking hardware alone.
Idk about software but I hear it's just as bad.

just noticed this on my gnex. it memorizes where i go and how often i go and everymorning it tells me how long itll take to get to school :smokin

So I was thinking about just grabbign the iphone 5 friday since HTC didn't mention anything about a phablet today, but I can't do that to myself.
I think I'll just go with the S3. Does anyone know if the black version of it will be realeasing anytime soon?

Yall really some lames man for real :lol:

Back in 2010 / 2011 LG were making statements about how they are going to take over the Android marketshare and bring out some cutting edge devices. Okay they did that with the g2x and various variant's of that model. Came out with the nvidia dual-core processors "Dudes were like why I need a dual-core for?" but people bought it. However during the ownership of the phone and the lack of support from LG when it came to updates and bugs they didn't take care of their Sh**t. A friends gave me a g2x to fix since it was bricked and I believe you can't "brick Android phones" cause you always have software tools to revert that. However LG has terrible software to bring it back to life. Oh, I fixed it but the damm thing kept bricking due to the nand flash memory. Some of the Android NTer's have a G2X or some LG phone they truly hate. Why invest your money in a phone that a company won't support. The G2x has vanilla gingerbread and its dual-core, My Nexus S 4G that I gave to my lil sister has a single core chip and runs Jellybean just fine. LG stated they won't be doing any more software upgrades. That pissed of a lot of people who went out and bought it for its "cutting edge specs" LG burns Android as a platform and they still continue to do so with lackluster smartphones they release.

So I was thinking about just grabbign the iphone 5 friday since HTC didn't mention anything about a phablet today, but I can't do that to myself.
I think I'll just go with the S3. Does anyone know if the black version of it will be realeasing anytime soon?
They didn't? Dammit man. Probably go with the S3 then....

^ I was gonna make new thread regarding that commerical :lol:

I still hate Samsung, overblown *** company riding off the coat tails of Apple :x

Back
Top Bottom