Waiter returns lost check worth $424,000 to a customer who didn't tip..VOL.. DO THE RIGHT THING?

IF it was $425 then ok.

But 400k. Nah.

How would he cash it out? They won’t give you that much cash.

Dudes in here think dude should’ve brought the check to a bank, and they would’ve gave him a suitcase with all the money in it.

You can’t even travel with more than 10k on a airplane.

You would have to have people you trust to bring 10k on multiple trips and pay them if you leaving the country.

IF it was $425 then ok.

But 400k. Nah.

Dudes in here think dude should’ve brought the check to a bank, and they would’ve gave him a suitcase with all the money in it.

You would have to have people you trust to bring 10k on multiple trips and pay them if you leaving the country.
Literally the most regulated industry in the country........Banks have thought of everything......Trust.

Also for someone who said
They wouldn’t have that amount in hand

74D90251-2963-48B5-86B6-B115AC791B6F.jpeg
Your local chase dont got 3% of 15 mil let alone 110 mil

And they're not gonna give out a chunk of it without doing a quick credit check and flag your *** with the IRS.

I mean seriously what you gonna do when its time to pay taxes? Say the check was a gift? :lol:

I wonder how far someone would have gotten if they went out and cashed it. There's a papertrail, and I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to track down right? even for cashier's checks.

IF it was $425 then ok.

But 400k. Nah.

I wouldn’t have gotten straight cash
I woulda deposited straight up
Into either my checking or savings account

Don’t know anyone’s personal story BUT to be fair the lenders already know how much money you have in the bank as well as done multiple job and credit checks. Check isn’t just “taking your word for it” at that point. Just sayin

No, you literally cannot bring a personal check to the settlement table for a property. Just because you had the money in your bank in last month's bank statement that you gave the lender doesn't mean you have it on the day of settlement.

No, you literally cannot bring a personal check to the settlement table for a property. Just because you had the money in your bank in last month's bank statement that you gave the lender doesn't mean you have it on the day of settlement.
I’m not disagreeing with this statement AT ALL. In fact I lived through it buying my house (worst experience of my life in terms of feeling completely unprepared lol). Just saying is all

No **** they gonna wait for it to clear
But u can use a personal check

No **** they gonna wait for it to clear
But u can use a personal check

Your scenario is so far fetched that although I believe it could have happened, it's like the odds of being able to show up with a suitcase full of cash at closing and buy a house.

Like who wants to write a personal check for the full value of a property and then wait 2 weeks for it to clear to take ownership when you can just get a cashier's check and take ownership that day.

I think he starts off "serious" and as he gets deep into the debate he gets deeper into "character."

I think he is 85/15 serious/joking
I’m all for a back and forth of all sorts but treating nearly half a mil UN TAXED like it’s a couple dollar deal and buying a house as if it’s some mom and pop exchange is beyond ridiculous

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom