Waiting tables unnappreciation VOL. You cheap %@@+*+#%##%*%

^she actually asked you where her tip was??

$%@% wrong with her choch, man
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

I love when the "tipping" topic comes up. The responses people give really gives a clear indication as to who is immature/young/idiotic/classless.
It amazes me that these people have friends.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Team Fitness:
Kids, at age 12, I weighed 319 pounds. I had bad skin, low self-esteem, and noself-respect. Now, I eat success for breakfast, with skim milk.
[/color]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ dudes waiting tables for a living.

high school & college kids gotta eat man
As a college student there are more things you can do than wait tables to earn money.

i tip very well if i get good-great service...if the service is bad i always tip $.1 and if im disgusted by my treatment i walk out on the entire bill

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

@ dudes waiting tables for a living.

I'm in college. This is just to hold me down for now. No way I'm doing this for a living.

Originally Posted by starzinoureyes

^she actually asked you where her tip was??

$%@% wrong with her choch, man
smh.gif
laugh.gif
yeah i'm glad i just laughed it off but she was
mad.gif

Originally Posted by dream5hift

As a waiter, we have to take order, bring out food and drinks, check if you need any refills or anything else, give bill, and clean up table(a lot of people make a mess). Isn't that hard work too?
No. Unless you have the IQ of a wet rock

Here's a tip: You get what you deserve. Fortunately in my experience, I was pleased with my service and tipped accordingly. If I'm not pleased,I'll tip the way I see fit.

eek.gif
damn dudes tipping 25,40 and 50% now?!?!?

Even for crappy/ok service I'll tip 15%, but the most would be 20%

Why are you still tipping if service is crappy? Then what's their incentive to be more attentive, better waiters? Dudes are tipping 15-20% anyways

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

Thank God that I'm not as cheap/flat-out stupid as some of you in this thread.
Thank God I'm not so stupid I voluntarily signed up for a job making 3 dollars an hr then have the nerve to complain about. See, anybody canbe condescending douches.

Originally Posted by sn00pee

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Tipping is obsolete.
really ??
eyes.gif

im a waiter pt, work about 3-5 days a week.

I give excellent, great service. Always remember things, Remember modifications that a customer may have on a dish or what may have you. I can describe a dishpretty much on point as well as our cocktails,wine etc, I average 18-20 % at the end of the night , example lets say my sales are 500-550, i should average towalk with $100

Granted we have folks that are hood fresh and what that means is.. they take they girl or date or what may have you out to dinner, order drinks, maybe a bottleof wine ( its always the cheapest one too ) and get fried rice and a desert , bill may be anywhere from 45-60 and they will tip you $5.

are you freaking serious ? thats what upsets me the most about being a server, if you told me from the beginning,

"brah.. i dont tip for ##$%" ... then i would of just chilled and came every so often.

if you said, " i usually tip 20% " , it wouldnt matter... Im still a great server with excellent selling numbers and points. I actually came in 3rdplace for top sales average in the month of september.

now that being said, i feel OP, no body wants to work on a freaking sunday, granted if I would..id walk with an easy 120-150 ( those are numbers that youshould normally achieve if you are closing ) but yeah, dont listen to folks in here, keep doing you, you may need to go to a different establishment & orrestauraunt.

I know how it feels as a consumer to be treated like crap, waiting forever , having dirty plates lying around in front of you without them prebusing.. but atthe same time, im very compasionate, understanding and know how it feels to be weeded and i still drop bread.

my bar tab was $106 yesterday and dropped 25 on tip, even though i got decent service, food took forever, my beer cup was never empty.. so that kept me happy
laugh.gif

Waiting tables is right up there with telemarketing and professional modeling: You contribute nothing of value. Hopefully you know this going into it anddon't delude yourself into believing that because you run around making noise you must be doing something that most people wouldn't rather do forthemselves.

Mad cause you don't make minimum wage? Get a different crap job. Hopefully your only marketable skill isn't carrying food.
Mad cause it's hard work? Boo-hoo. Join the rest of the world.
Mad cause you get dumped on? See above.
Mad cause you don't get respect? See all of the above and stop making me laugh.

I resent the idea that I am supposed to show my gratefulness to someone who carries a plate of food all the way across the room by giving them a handout. Inmy mind, that's condescending. I resent waiting for waiters and usually fill my own drink and pay on the way out - I'm not there to wait for you,fool. And I cannot put into word how deeply I resent being expected to give a gift to someone because they choose to work below their skill and ability level.

Yes, I am an %%$. But I am self-aware, self-reconciled, and consistent.

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

Waiting tables is right up there with telemarketing and professional modeling: You contribute nothing of value. Hopefully you know this going into it and don't delude yourself into believing that because you run around making noise you must be doing something that most people wouldn't rather do for themselves.

Mad cause you don't make minimum wage? Get a different crap job. Hopefully your only marketable skill isn't carrying food.

I resent the idea that I am supposed to show my gratefulness to someone who carries a plate of food all the way across the room by giving them a handout. In my mind, that's condescending. I resent waiting for waiters and usually fill my own drink and pay on the way out - I'm not there to wait for you, fool. And I cannot put into word how deeply I resent being expected to give a gift to someone because they choose to work below their skill and ability level.

pimp.gif

I can agree with that
Many people leave tips without even knowing WHY they do it

i still tip...

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Durden7

I love when the "tipping" topic comes up. The responses people give really gives a clear indication as to who is immature/young/idiotic/classless.
It amazes me that these people have friends.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Team Fitness:
Kids, at age 12, I weighed 319 pounds. I had bad skin, low self-esteem, and no self-respect. Now, I eat success for breakfast, with skim milk.
[/color]
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
lmao

Some people don't believe in tipping. Just because it's the social norm, doesn't mean everyone has to abide by it. Especially in a recession,everyone is hurting financially, you expect yourself not to as well?

Dine and ditch is a different story, but at least your still getting your hourly wage right?

Originally Posted by dream5hift

As a waiter, we have to take order, bring out food and drinks, check if you need any refills or anything else, give bill, and clean up table(a lot of people make a mess). Isn't that hard work too?
The cooks and the chefs have the hardest part of the job, and the runner. Waiters are the low end middle man. I tip 100% depending on how goodservices is and the place.

Funny thing is, I bet you the dudes criticizing a man waiting tables are the same dudes who have no idea what realresponsibility is and still live at home.

Tipping is an assumed cost of dining out.

It ain't like it's some newfangled concept; everyone knows that.

If you'd rather keep $3 in your pocket than give it to someone who just worked to serve you, then you're cheap.

If you have some bizarre reasoning like the dude who doesn't tip males for doing a "feminine job", then you're flat-out stupid.

If you don't want to tip, there are plenty of other ways for you to get food: make your own, get fast food, whatever.

If you make the decision to sit down in a restaurant and have someone serve you, leave a tip.

Originally Posted by 91mph Style

Waiting tables is right up there with telemarketing and professional modeling: You contribute nothing of value. Hopefully you know this going into it and don't delude yourself into believing that because you run around making noise you must be doing something that most people wouldn't rather do for themselves.

I resent the idea that I am supposed to show my gratefulness to someone who carries a plate of food all the way across the room by giving them a handout. In my mind, that's condescending. I resent waiting for waiters and usually fill my own drink and pay on the way out - I'm not there to wait for you, fool. And I cannot put into word how deeply I resent being expected to give a gift to someone because they choose to work below their skill and ability level.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by H TOWN HUSTLER

I tip 100% depending on how good services is and the place.
eyes.gif

concept fail

Back
Top Bottom