Wale - The Mixtape About Nothing (NOW w/ DL LINK!)

Originally Posted by The Somali NTer

I haven't heard a Wale track prior to the mixtape about nothing....and I must say, I'm
eek.gif
'd. I was stuck on tracks 1-10 so much I didn't even d/l 11-19, I did that last night and
laugh.gif
..Not as good as 1-10, but still bumpable. My fav. tracks are the kramer, perfect plan, roc boys freestyle is underrated too
glasses.gif

smh.gif
I'm bout to delete the Chicago Falcon and Bmore slam club joints though..
tired.gif

In my opinion 3.75 / 5

Bro....get the 100 Miles & Running Mixtape by Wale...IMO, it's 200x better than The Mixtape About Nothing (which was VERY good as well)...

Daytona Squared FTW!!!

smh.gif
tired.gif

True story. I love the tape...minus those.

The Crazy is my favorite song at the moment.

Yeah, I'ma have to find that 100 miles and running.

I don't know Ant, that Bmore Club could slide, but that Chicago Falcon,
sick.gif
. BTW, The Star been on repeat for the past 30 mins.
pimp.gif

YO!
I don't know Ant, that Bmore Club could slide, but that Chicago Falcon,
sick.gif
. BTW, The Star been on repeat for the past 30 mins.
pimp.gif

I'm telling you, I had to give Bmore Club a few spins. I actually gave the whole tape a chance, burned it and add "Hacksaw JimDuggan." I let the whole tape play about 3 times Sunday when I woke up.

"The Star" been getting the most spins today. "See me in the sky, I'm a S-T-A-R." Fresh. DF!!!

I haven't heard a Wale track prior to the mixtape about nothing....and I must say, I'm
eek.gif
'd. I was stuck on tracks 1-10 so much I didn't even d/l 11-19, I did that last night and
laugh.gif
..Not as good as 1-10, but still bumpable. My fav. tracks are the kramer, perfect plan, roc boys freestyle is underrated too
glasses.gif

smh.gif
tired.gif

In my opinion 3.75 / 5

eek.gif
what? Dudes ain't feelingChicago Falcon? WOW! Chicago Falcon is one of hardest tracks on the mixtape.

Chicago Falcon - Wale

"I'ma the best even when I'm cynical/
Angle these beats like a pentagon whenever my pen involved ain't nothin here minimal/
Count bread my account like a brunch at a synagogue/
Get it ya'll? that's a whole lot of bagels/
See me out the Bay like San Quinn in a beige coupe/
Very bad man you can ask BABOO (
eek.gif
)/
I get Seinfeld with these rhyme skills I'm Larry David give me my paper/
This will cost more like Jerry sign neighbor (?)/
My "Co-Stanzas" stand like Phantoms or Maybachs/
You wont get "A-LANE" if you came whack/
I hate rap/
Like Kramer hate blacks/
But still there is no label Wale ain't pass/
And now I'm on Allido and everbody gassed/
And Mark gave me a check and some dap/
eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Please re-evaluate this song...son said BABOO. That song go hard. Even the first verse was hotness

pentagon.gif

synagogue.jpg

bagels-naan.jpg

The-Bay-Area-Photographic-Print-C12301631.jpeg

SanQuinn-01-big.jpg

abt-as5_rear_beige.jpg

02210_3.jpg
MMPR_Baboo.jpg

url

larry-david.jpg

250px-GeorgeCostanza.jpg

rolls-royce-phantom-drophead-coupe-2.jpg

maybach08.jpg

elaineey8.gif

1899018.jpg

kramer032.jpg

NIGER-W1.gif

sick.gif

YO!
Dudes ain't feeling Chicago Falcon? WOW! Chicago Falcon is one of hardest tracks on the mixtape.
Oh snap... I'm slipping. I had them joints confused. I was talking about Chicago Falcon, not Bmore Club joint.
smh.gif

This will cost more like Jerry sign neighbor (?)/
"This will Cosmo (cost mo') like Jerry Sei' neighbor..."

Cosmo Kramer
sick.gif
ill!

DF!!!

it's actually Babu not Baboo. Babu owned the restaurant that Jerry put out of business by telling him to change cuisines. Babu says "you're avery bad man Jerry"

here's an outtake from the episode

and Cosmo (Cost More) Kramer was Jerry's neighbor

Originally Posted by StockDead

it's actually Babu not Baboo. Babu owned the restaurant that Jerry put out of business by telling him to change cuisines. Babu says "you're a very bad man Jerry"

here's an outtake from the episode

and Cosmo (Cost More) Kramer was Jerry's neighbor

eek.gif
Aw damn EVEN BETTER

I was gassed like, "did dude really have a Power Ranger reference?" I stand corrected NT always with the clutch
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by AirAnt23

YO! ^ Give that Bmore Slam a few more spins... You'd be best adviced to listen to it in the whip. It's mean.
pimp.gif
"And they label me a king you can kindly take it back..I dont need no F-ing crown I dont need no F-ing thrown...you see kings get killed very least overthrown"
pimp.gif
Dude went in on that verse (maybe, my favorite on the tape)

"Even if I roam, I'll still be at home. Cause there's no place better than the state of my mind. There's no time wasted and no vacation, ++%!%."

smokin.gif

DF!!!

This joint is def my fav on the tape...i play it maybe 10 times a day

+$+% this dude come from?! Or where have I been? Which ever way it is, this piece is hot. I been sleepin on dude and this music forum. I need to be here moreoften. Props to you Wale for takin the responsibility to do it.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

+$+% this dude come from?! Or where have I been? Which ever way it is, this piece is hot. I been sleepin on dude and this music forum. I need to be here more often. Props to you Wale for takin the responsibility to do it.

laugh.gif

you have been sleepin if you askin where it came from...joint is one the most anticipated mixtapesalbums of the year.

idk, how dudes can hate when this shh is better than most albums major labels actually put out...

Def. better than the Carter III.

Artistic Integrity and Vacation from ourselves are my current faves.

It'll be interesting to see how his label tries to commercialize him when an album drops. I like all his mixtapes but dude has less hit single potentialthan Lupe. Good Girls is still my fav. Wale track to date though.

Oh and......

The Star gets love just 'cause that's one of my fav Roots tracks.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Flying squirreling that h0......
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

EDIT- BMore Club slam is my new fav on this "album." I mess with BMore club and Go-Go though. But I've never even heard Wale on WPGC 95.5 so Idunno why he's complaining about getting no spin on 92Q.

YO!
I like all his mixtapes but dude has less hit single potential than Lupe.
I wouldn't say. Amerie's "One Thing" was the it track of that summer. He could go that route so as to not compromise hiship-hop/gogo angle. He might have to get a Chris Brown or somebody to man the hook.

Or even use Ronson's pull for a guest spot from one of them UK artists the hipsters go crazy for. Just something to get them listening. After that, talentwill get what talent deserves. DF!!!

I'm feelin it. I like the whole concept of it overall.

I really like The Opening Title Sequence, The Crazy

my observations of this as i am still not convinced about this dude (no hate, really, just not feelin him like everyone else on here is):

**subject matter- honestly, this dude is the embodiment of what hip-hop should be. great subject matter and not a commercial rapper. he doesn't get on thatweak **** like lil wayne does.

**his flow- this is where i get lost on because i get bored w/ his flow. the last track 'the end' he was riding the beat really well. the rest of hisstuff though, it sounds like he's talking and i get bored and uninterested.

**his future and my prediction- i think this dude will have a very good career w/ his backing (the roots, lupe fiasco, who could as for better friends, lol),but i can't be a fan. just a little on the boring side for me.

good luck to him though. i like how he shouted out NT.

**his flow- this is where i get lost on because i get bored w/ his flow. the last track 'the end' he was riding the beat really well. the rest of his stuff though, it sounds like he's talking and i get bored and uninterested.
Yeh, his flow seems really good at times and then it can just randomly fall off. I think hes good and has the ability to be great, only time willtell.

Back
Top Bottom