Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with t

I used to go to that Walmart on West Rd. the place is a zoo.  It's always sooo hectic out there.

Cosign. She was a repeat offender and they consciously went into this Walmart to steal. I know it's a walmart, but it's the principal. They get away with it multiple times and they continue to do it. If it was someone's house, car, etc you would probably used force to not allow it to happen as well. They knew what they had planned and they brought the children, it's on her, not the officer who was trying to stop it.

P.S. I believe him when he states he feared for his life or that he had to do something. The Wal-Mart on West Rd and 45 in Houston is a madhouse, I used to live right behind it.

Yeah if your a regular person hired by the store as a Lost Prevention person but as stated in the article, "He was clearly marked in uniform as a Harris County deputy. And identified himself as the suspects were leaving the establishment,' said Gilliland to KHOU.Com"

He was an officer, not a regular LP person, so he has a little more protection with laws since he was trying to stop a criminal act.

mean.gif

Dude killed her for probably $100 worth of stuff
COLD WORLD

So you telling me that, when someone breaks the law, they deserve to be shot. People break the law everyday whether it's something major or petty. I feel deadly force is not called for unless there is a real threat.

if she didn't shoplift would there have even been a chance for this to happen?

So you telling me that, when someone breaks the law, they deserve to be shot. People break the law everyday whether it's something major or petty. I feel deadly force is not called for unless there is a real threat.
Nice spin.  He didn't say deserve anywhere.  He's just saying if you don't break the law that it doesn't reach the point that something like this happens.

Yeah the woman was in the wrong, but If you think that justifes the use of deadly force then I don't know what to tell you :rolleyes

Last edited:
Shooting into a car with children in it over ******g shoplifting is all the way ******ed. There's zero way to justify that.

There's hella "holier than thou" type cats on this board. Get off your high horse, you know damn well you've done something illegal before. Y'all wouldn't feel the same way if somebody close to you got shot dead over a non-violent crime.

Last edited:
point is don't break the law and none of this even happens
She used the car as a deadly weapon and put the officer's (and the public's) life at risk.

Shooting into a car with children in it over ******g shoplifting is all the way ******ed. There's zero way to justify that.

What if the children were too small to see? And he's about to possibly get seriously injured or ran over?

There's zero way to justify this lady and her friends going to shoplift, with some children, and refusing to stop when a ARMED OFFICER tells them to.

Every action has a reaction, Don't steal.

Many people will say "Don't steal, otherwise this would not have happened" but we've all stolen a time or another, even dating back to being a child. She should have at least been fined, not fired upon, not having her kids being sent to a new home because she's dead. 

The grandmother should sit the two small children down and explain that their mother is dead because she is a deadbeat thief. Then maybe they will understand how not to live. she owes them that much because obviously she didnt teach that lesson to her daughter.

Last edited by a moderator:
What if the children were too small to see? And he's about to possibly get seriously injured or ran over?
There's zero way to justify this lady and her friends going to shoplift, with some children, and refusing to stop when a ARMED OFFICER tells them to.

Dawg..it doesn't matter if their small or not, risking shooting up a car full of CHILDREN to stop somebody from shoplifting is ******ed and reckless. Nobody said she wasn't wrong, but you're in idiot if you think that's correct police procedure.

some of you people are really lost. But that just speaks to the demographic of NT. Im not saying she was right to steal, but there was no need to shoot into the car. Its theft of something that really has no effect on you. Like, he really killed somebody over wal mart items.

Stealing is wrong, but the penalty for it shouldnt be death.

Last edited:
Many people will say "Don't steal, otherwise this would not have happened" but we've all stolen a time or another, even dating back to being a child. She should have at least been fined, not fired upon, not having her kids being sent to a new home because she's dead. 

did you even read the freakin article? Mods please bring back the waiting period :smh:

Yeah those children will learn not to steal, but it's not event that, people steal every day from a store, and never is a gun fired upon them. Give a boy a gun, boy as in child. Obviously he didn't aim for the tires, which would have been smart in stopping a car, 4 tires, but it slows it down. And the best part? It's not aimed above the wheels of a car, causing NO danger to others.

Dawg..it doesn't matter if their small or not, risking shooting up a car full of CHILDREN to stop somebody from shoplifting is ******ed and reckless. Nobody said she wasn't wrong, but you're in idiot if you think that's correct police procedure.

Since neither of us really knows what happened I'll agree on this part with you, only if he SAW and KNEW kids were in the car.

As I said before, what if the kids were too small they couldn't be seen from his point of view since he was about to get ran over or hurt. Also, your home, and some thief gets away with some of your stuff, you catch them open the car door and she tries to run you over somehow. You don't know there are kids in the car, you have a clear shot to shoot without hurting anyone else, do you take it? Mind you that at this point, you have no idea what her intentions are as far as hurting you with the car or in any other manner.

I personally wouldn't care if she was driving a school bus full of gifted preschoolers; if you try to run me over and I'm armed, I'm shooting.

I think he meant to say is  that; What if the officer didn't see the children at all because they were so small.

Back
Top Bottom