Walmart security guard shoots 'shoplifting' mother dead in parking lot as she tries to escape with t

Yeah those children will learn not to steal, but it's not event that, people steal every day from a store, and never is a gun fired upon them. Give a boy a gun, boy as in child. Obviously he didn't aim for the tires, which would have been smart in stopping a car, 4 tires, but it slows it down. And the best part? It's not aimed above the wheels of a car, causing NO danger to others.

I wish I wanted to get banned because I would tell you exactly what you are besides delusional

they need psyche evaluations for cops, security guards, and the likes cause a lot of them have some serious issues.

She stole and was getting away with it while you chased her.

God forbid you take down her license plate, and go to the police. :rolleyes

she should have not put herself in that position in the first place. :smh: but at the same the guard should not have a gun either.

Even though the officer greatly overreacted, there is no one to blame for being placed in the situation but herself.

Also, why is shoplifting in quotes in the thread title?

First, for those of you who jumped to conclusions and didn't actually read what was posted, saying why did a security guard have a gun & you're not supposed to pursue a shoplifter off of the premises, he was an off-duty police office working security.

'We hire off duty officers to provide security to some of our stores. While we have policies in place for our associates to disengage from situations that might put them or others in harm's way, off-duty officers working at a WM store are authorized to act in accordance with their department's code of conduct.'

Shooting might've been too much but unless there's video, we don't know how it went down. It's those women's fault for bringing two kids along and stealing and the girl that got killed wasn't even supposed to be in WalMart due to a prior shoplifting conviction.

Last edited:
they need psyche evaluations for cops, security guards, and the likes cause a lot of them have some serious issues.
She stole and was getting away with it while you chased her.
God forbid you take down her license plate, and go to the police. :rolleyes

she should have not put herself in that position in the first place. :smh: but at the same the guard should not have a gun either.

was a sheriffs deputy not guard. identified himself and was put in danger. Dont steal.

Even though the officer greatly overreacted, there is no one to blame for being placed in the situation but herself.
Also, why is shoplifting in quotes in the thread title?

because silly it's okay to steal when you want to justify it

"Suspected" shoplifter. Which means they don't know if she did or did not steal.

The officer told her he was security. If she didn't do anything wrong and has a receipt for all her stuff, why not just comply with whatever he's asking? It might take a few more minutes out of her but it's not like she has anything that important to attend to.

Some of you are unbelievable, really.

Fact is, he's a murderer-plain and simple.

As has already being stated, there are specific rules regarding matters such as these if you are working "security" at Walmart, Target, and the like.

The rule is, under NO CIRCUMSTANCE are you to chase after and try to apprehend suspected shoplifters. If you suspect shoplifting, simply call the proper authorities and let them handle the situation. Walmart is now very liable, and rightfully so, because sergeant slaughter over there was too trigger happy.

"If she hadn't shoplifted she wouldn't be dead"...really now?...:smh:

Well if he hadn't tried to stop her, she wouldn't have ALLEGEDLY tried to run him over...ALLEGEDLY. Remember, the sheriff's department will say whatever it must to justify the use of deadly force by one of it's officers so as to avoid criticism. Law enforcement agencies do it ALL THE TIME.

Lastly, reading these responses, I can't help but wonder just how much her race has affected y'all opinions. I'm sure if she was some blonde-haired, blue-eyed suburban mom from middle america, the tune being sung would be different.

"Suspected" shoplifter. Which means they don't know if she did or did not steal.

The officer told her he was security. If she didn't do anything wrong and has a receipt for all her stuff, why not just comply with whatever he's asking? It might take a few more minutes out of her but it's not like she has anything that important to attend to.

so with all these what ifs and why nots, she shouldn't be shot at

As has already being stated, there are specific rules regarding matters such as these if you are working "security" at Walmart, Target, and the like.
The rule is, under NO CIRCUMSTANCE are you to chase after and try to apprehend suspected shoplifters. If you suspect shoplifting, simply call the proper authorities and let them handle the situation. Walmart is now very liable, and rightfully so, because sergeant slaughter over there was too trigger happy.
Well if he hadn't tried to stop her, she wouldn't have ALLEGEDLY tried to run him over...ALLEGEDLY. Remember, the sheriff's department will say whatever it must to justify the use of deadly force by one of it's officers so as to avoid criticism. Law enforcement agencies do it ALL THE TIME.
Lastly, reading these responses, I can't help but wonder just how much her race has affected y'all opinions. I'm sure if she was some blonde-haired, blue-eyed suburban mom from middle america, the tune being sung would be different.

I know. Im like isnt this NT, the place where nobody trusts cops. For all we know he couldve been nowhere near the car, but the department is trying to spin this. Point is, the guy chased after them and tried to be a hero. They were wrong for stealing, but that doesnt warrant death.

some of you people are really lost. But that just speaks to the demographic of NT. Im not saying she was right to steal, but there was no need to shoot into the car. Its theft of something that really has no effect on you. Like, he really killed somebody over wal mart items.
Stealing is wrong, but the penalty for it shouldnt be death.
Exactly, these cats act one way on the internet. But for damn sure would be in tears if it was one of their siblings/loved ones.

Every action is a reaction of course, and stealing deserves a penalty. But death? So should be give the death penalty to all shoplifters and thieves? Are we in the Middle East where they do such things for such acts?

nothing but apologies for a thief who was not even supposed to be on the property. And the subtle race baiting was a nice touch. And this is why society is how it is. stop apologizing and making excuses and hold people accountable. she ran with a crowd that used deadly force on a police officer while she was trying to flee from arrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just don't steal and this doesn't happen

Security guard is wrong but bottom line is she put herself in this position

Got to see the video when it comes out to see if it was justified. From the article, it seems like he was on the side of the car, so I think he is in the wrong. Now if the driver was trying to run him over though, kind of hard to fault him for shooting.

The rule is, under NO CIRCUMSTANCE are you to chase after and try to apprehend suspected shoplifters. If you suspect shoplifting, simply call the proper authorities and let them handle the situation.
lol
he's right tho..

my friend working security said the same thing when I asked him what he's supposed to do if someone tries to shoplift
I know that's the proper procedure to handle shop lifters. But isn't that what happened in this case?

Security suspected these 3 of shop lifting. Security then notified the Officer.

Just proved that he didn't read the article.

Last edited:

If you are not terrorist concocting plans to destroy america, then you shouldn't be bothered by homeland security listening to your phone conversations. Right?

If you are an upstanding citizen with nothing to hide, then you shouldn't be bothered by legislation that makes internet surveillance permissible and legal, right?

See where I am going with this?

I have a right to refuse to be searched and held against my will. If you have evidence against me, let the proper authorities handle it. Those who have the ability to detain me in the name of the law. A security guard at Walmart DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY nor THE ABILITY. They can ask you to stop so they can search you, but if you refuse, they have to let you go and summon the proper authorities. This is in their contract. This is why they can't come and chase after you.

If they made a new store rule where shoplifters get shot then it would discourage a few people to steal :smokin.

Back
Top Bottom