Was Anyone Else Here NOT A Fan of Jordan Growing Up?

ohdannyboy

Banned
I think it's safe to say that if you grew up in New York, Indiana, or Detroit that you weren't a fan of Jordan growing up. I mean, I had respect for his game and all, but there was no way in hell that I was gonna like him over Reggie. I'm 22 now and I here all my friends, and people in general, state how big of an MJ fan they were growing up and I'm sitting there asking how?
So, is there anyone else on here that didn't like MJ growing up?

*puts flame suit on*

I think it's safe to say that if you grew up in New York, Indiana, or Detroit that you weren't a fan of Jordan growing up. I mean, I had respect for his game and all, but there was no way in hell that I was gonna like him over Reggie. I'm 22 now and I here all my friends, and people in general, state how big of an MJ fan they were growing up and I'm sitting there asking how?
So, is there anyone else on here that didn't like MJ growing up?

*puts flame suit on*

No. I was a Reggie Miller fan when I was little growing up in Indiana
pimp.gif

No. I was a Reggie Miller fan when I was little growing up in Indiana
pimp.gif

Sonics fan. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp were the only players that mattered. Jordan isn't a legend as much as those two are, to me.

Sonics fan. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp were the only players that mattered. Jordan isn't a legend as much as those two are, to me.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

This.
 Also for some reason I was a HUGE Kendall Gill fan too.
laugh.gif
I wore this until the letters fell off...

1_9cbd8bcc4f66e523b1a4552991067190.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I grew up in NYC and was still an MJ fan. You had to appreciate what he was doing during the 90's. Dude just wouldn't ever lose (minus 95' because he came back from retirement).

It's hard to hate on someone you know that's going to win. Unlike guys like Kobe and LeBron, you know there's a possibility that they'll lose. With MJ, as much as you denied it, you knew he was going to win.

Hard to hate him for that.

I grew up in NYC and was still an MJ fan. You had to appreciate what he was doing during the 90's. Dude just wouldn't ever lose (minus 95' because he came back from retirement).

It's hard to hate on someone you know that's going to win. Unlike guys like Kobe and LeBron, you know there's a possibility that they'll lose. With MJ, as much as you denied it, you knew he was going to win.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

That's not the point of the thread. I didn't hate Jordan, he just wasn't someone I was a fan of. I had other stars on my home town team that were more important. I appreciated his game, just the way I appreciate a lot of peoples' game. Doesn't mean I have to be a fan.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

That's not the point of the thread. I didn't hate Jordan, he just wasn't someone I was a fan of. I had other stars on my home town team that were more important. I appreciated his game, just the way I appreciate a lot of peoples' game. Doesn't mean I have to be a fan.

I hated Jordan and the bulls tho. They prevented my team from doing big things for a long time. I don't deny his greatness, just don't care for him. Id rather watch John Starks jack up 3pointers

I hated Jordan and the bulls tho. They prevented my team from doing big things for a long time. I don't deny his greatness, just don't care for him. Id rather watch John Starks jack up 3pointers

Originally Posted by trunks206

This.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Everyone was a Kendall Gill fan. He was kind of a pretty boy, a likable dude with a Griffey-like smile that fans liked. I think it also had something to do with the popularity of the Hornets back then, and all of a sudden the Sonics got one of their best players.

Originally Posted by trunks206

This.
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Everyone was a Kendall Gill fan. He was kind of a pretty boy, a likable dude with a Griffey-like smile that fans liked. I think it also had something to do with the popularity of the Hornets back then, and all of a sudden the Sonics got one of their best players.

Me. My older brothers favorite player so of course I disliked him, was a HUGE Dream and Rockets fan. Now I appreciate the hell out of him and I'm a fan

Me. My older brothers favorite player so of course I disliked him, was a HUGE Dream and Rockets fan. Now I appreciate the hell out of him and I'm a fan

Originally Posted by dmxfury

laugh.gif
 I remember bugging my mom for a pair of "Hakeem the Dream's" and her not believing me when I told her how much they'd were.

Back
Top Bottom