Was Anyone Else Here NOT A Fan of Jordan Growing Up?

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Me. My older brothers favorite player so of course I disliked him, was a HUGE Dream and Rockets fan. Now I appreciate the hell out of him and I'm a fan

laugh.gif
 I remember bugging my mom for a pair of "Hakeem the Dream's" and her not believing me when I told her how much they'd were.

No I wasn't at all...I was a huge John Starks fan, wore number 3 my entire life cuz of him, and even shot my free throws like he did lol.

No I wasn't at all...I was a huge John Starks fan, wore number 3 my entire life cuz of him, and even shot my free throws like he did lol.

Shaquille O'Neal fan from the start.

Despised MJ. Wasn't til I got older when I was able to appreciate him & recognize him as the GOAT.

He's appreciated, but not even close to being my favorite athlete.

Shaquille O'Neal fan from the start.

Despised MJ. Wasn't til I got older when I was able to appreciate him & recognize him as the GOAT.

He's appreciated, but not even close to being my favorite athlete.

i hate jordon. he was a piece of #%++ as a human being, the worst player ever, biggest ballhog, and got every call.

i hate jordon. he was a piece of #%++ as a human being, the worst player ever, biggest ballhog, and got every call.

he broke my heart in '91 but thats when i gained a lot of respect for mike. obviously i'm a magic stan
laugh.gif
  but with mike coming up, it was a territorial kind of thing for me. mikes the man, he took what larry and magic did and made it international.

he broke my heart in '91 but thats when i gained a lot of respect for mike. obviously i'm a magic stan
laugh.gif
  but with mike coming up, it was a territorial kind of thing for me. mikes the man, he took what larry and magic did and made it international.

I loved MJ and i was a huge knicks fan. have his jersey on in my 10 year old school picture SMH. plus 20 of his ball cards. plus space jam was amazing. plus the sneakers, i wa stoo young to stand a chance

i rooted for the knicks every single time they played him though. At least i knew to do that at a young age. i remember rooting for the sonics and jazz the 2nd time against him

I loved MJ and i was a huge knicks fan. have his jersey on in my 10 year old school picture SMH. plus 20 of his ball cards. plus space jam was amazing. plus the sneakers, i wa stoo young to stand a chance

i rooted for the knicks every single time they played him though. At least i knew to do that at a young age. i remember rooting for the sonics and jazz the 2nd time against him

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Sonics fan. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp were the only players that mattered. Jordan isn't a legend as much as those two are, to me.
dmbrhs wrote: 

That's not the point of the thread. I didn't hate Jordan, he just wasn't someone I was a fan of. I had other stars on my home town team that were more important. I appreciated his game, just the way I appreciate a lot of peoples' game. Doesn't mean I have to be a fan.

My exact thoughts right there... 

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Sonics fan. Gary Payton and Shawn Kemp were the only players that mattered. Jordan isn't a legend as much as those two are, to me.
dmbrhs wrote: 

That's not the point of the thread. I didn't hate Jordan, he just wasn't someone I was a fan of. I had other stars on my home town team that were more important. I appreciated his game, just the way I appreciate a lot of peoples' game. Doesn't mean I have to be a fan.

My exact thoughts right there... 

Indiana checking in. As a fan of the Pacers and Lakers, I hated Jordan really. We used to boo him every time he touched the ball at Market Square Arena. I was at the game where he fought Reggie and Reggie got ejected. I remember him getting fouled on a fast break and instead of laying it up, he threw the ball at Mark Jackson's head. MJ still got a shooting foul. The refs benefited him something ridiculous.

The hand switch...I was pissed because I know he didn't have to do it. He was clearly showing off. I rooted against him with the Lakers, Pacers, Portland because I was a huge fan of Clyde Drexler...not the Knicks though.
laugh.gif

Of course, we all had to eventually respect him. Always loved his shoes though.

Indiana checking in. As a fan of the Pacers and Lakers, I hated Jordan really. We used to boo him every time he touched the ball at Market Square Arena. I was at the game where he fought Reggie and Reggie got ejected. I remember him getting fouled on a fast break and instead of laying it up, he threw the ball at Mark Jackson's head. MJ still got a shooting foul. The refs benefited him something ridiculous.

The hand switch...I was pissed because I know he didn't have to do it. He was clearly showing off. I rooted against him with the Lakers, Pacers, Portland because I was a huge fan of Clyde Drexler...not the Knicks though.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif

i thought i was the only one. 

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

laugh.gif

i thought i was the only one. 

Back
Top Bottom