Was Anyone Else Here NOT A Fan of Jordan Growing Up?

I was always a Reggie Miller fan, loved how everyone knew he was getting the ball, and he would get like 8 picks with 10 seconds left and hit it every rip. I was a shooter growing up while playing AAU and I looked up to him, not to mention EVERYBODY like MJ, it got old to me. The real reason could have been I never got his kicks, because they were "too much for some damn shoes" according to my father anyway. I look back and am thankful for having seen what I have seen though, these young cats that never got to see Jordan play. Those were the days.

I was always a Reggie Miller fan, loved how everyone knew he was getting the ball, and he would get like 8 picks with 10 seconds left and hit it every rip. I was a shooter growing up while playing AAU and I looked up to him, not to mention EVERYBODY like MJ, it got old to me. The real reason could have been I never got his kicks, because they were "too much for some damn shoes" according to my father anyway. I look back and am thankful for having seen what I have seen though, these young cats that never got to see Jordan play. Those were the days.

Jordan has never been my favorite player. Although I respect and recognize him as the GOAT, and wear his shoes I grew up idolizing Mitch Richmond
pimp.gif

He is/always will be my favorite player of all time.

I have mad respect for Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers of the 90's too

Jordan has never been my favorite player. Although I respect and recognize him as the GOAT, and wear his shoes I grew up idolizing Mitch Richmond
pimp.gif

He is/always will be my favorite player of all time.

I have mad respect for Reggie Miller and the Indiana Pacers of the 90's too

I started watching basketball because of Magic Johnson and the Showtime Lakers.

I wasn't and still I'm not a Jordan fan but I always respected his game.
Yeah it was tough seeing him beat my Lakers in the 91 Finals. I still think if we had a healthy James Worthy for that Finals we would have beat Jordan & the Bulls that year.

I started watching basketball because of Magic Johnson and the Showtime Lakers.

I wasn't and still I'm not a Jordan fan but I always respected his game.
Yeah it was tough seeing him beat my Lakers in the 91 Finals. I still think if we had a healthy James Worthy for that Finals we would have beat Jordan & the Bulls that year.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Shaquille O'Neal fan from the start.

Despised MJ. Wasn't til I got older when I was able to appreciate him & recognize him as the GOAT.

He's appreciated, but not even close to being my favorite athlete.

This

including the Shaq part
nerd.gif

I hated Jordan but in his last 3 years as a bull, I was able to appreciate it.

Originally Posted by MBen32

Shaquille O'Neal fan from the start.

Despised MJ. Wasn't til I got older when I was able to appreciate him & recognize him as the GOAT.

He's appreciated, but not even close to being my favorite athlete.

This

including the Shaq part
nerd.gif

I hated Jordan but in his last 3 years as a bull, I was able to appreciate it.

hate jordan with a passion , never understood how any of my friends could claim to be knick fans and not hate this guy.

he ruined many summers for me , count me on the hate side ........

hate jordan with a passion , never understood how any of my friends could claim to be knick fans and not hate this guy.

he ruined many summers for me , count me on the hate side ........

Back
Top Bottom