Was Anyone Else Here NOT A Fan of Jordan Growing Up?

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

You must've misunderstood what the thread was asking. It's okay tho, old age will do that to you. 
wink.gif

laugh.gif
 Maybe

You're 22 and a Reggie Miller fan, how's that work out? Also, didn't Kobe defeat Reggie's Pacers in 2000? Are you a Kobe fan too or is your sig more of a statement to Heat fans? 

I LOAAAATHED Michael Jordan. My hate burned like a thousand suns.

I probably won’t have an opportunity to say it again anyway. As much as I acknowledge how great Michael Jordan was and his absolute dominance..

I HATE MICHAEL JORDAN.

Michael Jordan is the sole reason the New York Knicks don’t have a championship during my lifetime. He’s the reason Pat wasn’t in the Finals more than twice in his career! Michael Jordan came to Madison Square Garden and took a deuce on the middle of the floor every damn time! He thrived at the Garden and I hate his soul for it! That P.O.S. cost us the possibility of MULTIPLE championships! Every year, he’d play us and cut us down to size, making impossible shots, great defensive efforts and other heartbreaking plays.

Michael Jordan ruined my childhood with his greatness.
The hatred in my heart for him will never be understood.

I LOAAAATHED Michael Jordan. My hate burned like a thousand suns.

I probably won’t have an opportunity to say it again anyway. As much as I acknowledge how great Michael Jordan was and his absolute dominance..

I HATE MICHAEL JORDAN.

Michael Jordan is the sole reason the New York Knicks don’t have a championship during my lifetime. He’s the reason Pat wasn’t in the Finals more than twice in his career! Michael Jordan came to Madison Square Garden and took a deuce on the middle of the floor every damn time! He thrived at the Garden and I hate his soul for it! That P.O.S. cost us the possibility of MULTIPLE championships! Every year, he’d play us and cut us down to size, making impossible shots, great defensive efforts and other heartbreaking plays.

Michael Jordan ruined my childhood with his greatness.
The hatred in my heart for him will never be understood.

Penny is my favorite player of all time but i was still an MJ fan.  MJ brought me to like basketball, Penny made me love it.

Penny is my favorite player of all time but i was still an MJ fan.  MJ brought me to like basketball, Penny made me love it.

Never once rooted against or disliked Jordan. Still my idol till this day.. with the baggy jeans and all
laugh.gif

Pops on the other hand had no love for Mike. Always called him a ball hog lol

Never once rooted against or disliked Jordan. Still my idol till this day.. with the baggy jeans and all
laugh.gif

Pops on the other hand had no love for Mike. Always called him a ball hog lol

Being an MJ fan all my life, I can actually appreciate threads like this, since I don't see em too often. I had a few friends here & there who weren't the biggest MJ fans growing up, but they always respected him. Those same friends would talk all their junk between July & October and put a muzzle on it in November, because we all knew Jordan would not let his team lose. *Gotta add that my hate for Reggie Miller was at its peak during the '98 Eastern Conference Finals.
laugh.gif
Some people even had the audacity to tell me that I even looked like that dude at one point...

Being an MJ fan all my life, I can actually appreciate threads like this, since I don't see em too often. I had a few friends here & there who weren't the biggest MJ fans growing up, but they always respected him. Those same friends would talk all their junk between July & October and put a muzzle on it in November, because we all knew Jordan would not let his team lose. *Gotta add that my hate for Reggie Miller was at its peak during the '98 Eastern Conference Finals.
laugh.gif
Some people even had the audacity to tell me that I even looked like that dude at one point...

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

You must've misunderstood what the thread was asking. It's okay tho, old age will do that to you. 
wink.gif

laugh.gif
 Maybe

You're 22 and a Reggie Miller fan, how's that work out? Also, didn't Kobe defeat Reggie's Pacers in 2000? Are you a Kobe fan too or is your sig more of a statement to Heat fans? 
I was born and raised in Indiana that's how it works out. And I am most definitely a Kobe fan, although you can go ahead and chalk that title in 2000 to the diesel. 

wink.gif

laugh.gif
 Maybe

I was born and raised in Indiana that's how it works out. And I am most definitely a Kobe fan, although you can go ahead and chalk that title in 2000 to the diesel. 

So how are you any different than Jordan fans that were from New York, Indiana or Detroit? You don't see the hypocrisy in that? Doesn't the same logic apply to you being a fan of Kobe? I do understand that the Bulls had more of an intense rivalry with the Knicks, Pacers & Pistons. The Lakers did deny Reggie a title and let's not pretend Kobe wasn't a very valuable piece to that title.

So how are you any different than Jordan fans that were from New York, Indiana or Detroit? You don't see the hypocrisy in that? Doesn't the same logic apply to you being a fan of Kobe? I do understand that the Bulls had more of an intense rivalry with the Knicks, Pacers & Pistons. The Lakers did deny Reggie a title and let's not pretend Kobe wasn't a very valuable piece to that title.

Your not making sense. Kobe directly affected our title chances ONE time. You would have a more valid argument if I had said I was a big Chauncey Billups fan. So no, the same logic does not apply with me being a huge fan of kobe.

Your not making sense. Kobe directly affected our title chances ONE time. You would have a more valid argument if I had said I was a big Chauncey Billups fan. So no, the same logic does not apply with me being a huge fan of kobe.

john_starks.jpg

single most favorite sports play of my life!

starks was my man! i still have this SLAM MAG poster hanging in my room.

i hated jordan too. but also hated reggie miller with ever single cell in my body.

john_starks.jpg

single most favorite sports play of my life!

starks was my man! i still have this SLAM MAG poster hanging in my room.

i hated jordan too. but also hated reggie miller with ever single cell in my body.

Back
Top Bottom