Was Anyone Else Here NOT A Fan of Jordan Growing Up?

im 21 now and when we'd play basketball my older cousin would "be" mj and id "be" penny or shaq
laugh.gif

i had my 96 dream team book and loved those 2 especially when i heard ab shaqs hoop-breaking dunks, lil penny was awesome, and everything ab the magic like their jerseys and stupid noise when they'd make free throws.

had penny and shaq jerseys and didnt really care for mj til space jam came out, i got the xiii's, and my dad convinced me to hate the utah jazz.

im 21 now and when we'd play basketball my older cousin would "be" mj and id "be" penny or shaq
laugh.gif

i had my 96 dream team book and loved those 2 especially when i heard ab shaqs hoop-breaking dunks, lil penny was awesome, and everything ab the magic like their jerseys and stupid noise when they'd make free throws.

had penny and shaq jerseys and didnt really care for mj til space jam came out, i got the xiii's, and my dad convinced me to hate the utah jazz.

Originally Posted by 10027

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

I'm 22 now and I here all my friends, and people in general, state how big of an MJ fan they were growing up and I'm sitting there asking how?

Same question should be asked to you, but in reverse. You're 22 now? You didn't witness Jordan at all. You were 8 years old in Michael's final season with the Bulls, your opinion and basketball knowledge at 8 years old is VOID at best. Now if you were 32 maybe I'd listen to you
laugh.gif
Bad math.  Also kids who grow up watching NBA have strong feelings about players like anyone else.

Bad math? Maybe he was 9 years old, does that really make a difference? I personally can't take anyone serious who talks about a player good or bad if they didn't witness that player. Just because you were alive during the tail end of someone's career doesn't count for much either. As a diehard Pistons fan I can't say anything bad about Mike, nor do I hate him. My squad was the only team that was able to contain him for a short while and we saw how he overcame that. I guess if Jordan owned my team, like he owned almost every hater in this thread; I'd be bent too.

Originally Posted by 10027

I'm 22 now and I here all my friends, and people in general, state how big of an MJ fan they were growing up and I'm sitting there asking how?

Same question should be asked to you, but in reverse. You're 22 now? You didn't witness Jordan at all. You were 8 years old in Michael's final season with the Bulls, your opinion and basketball knowledge at 8 years old is VOID at best. Now if you were 32 maybe I'd listen to you
laugh.gif
Bad math.  Also kids who grow up watching NBA have strong feelings about players like anyone else.

Bad math? Maybe he was 9 years old, does that really make a difference? I personally can't take anyone serious who talks about a player good or bad if they didn't witness that player. Just because you were alive during the tail end of someone's career doesn't count for much either. As a diehard Pistons fan I can't say anything bad about Mike, nor do I hate him. My squad was the only team that was able to contain him for a short while and we saw how he overcame that. I guess if Jordan owned my team, like he owned almost every hater in this thread; I'd be bent too.

never liked jordan. never liked bball, really. so it was easy not to like him.

got some cool !+# sneakers tho
laugh.gif

never liked jordan. never liked bball, really. so it was easy not to like him.

got some cool !+# sneakers tho
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
You must've misunderstood what the thread was asking. It's okay tho, old age will do that to you. 
wink.gif

laugh.gif
You must've misunderstood what the thread was asking. It's okay tho, old age will do that to you. 
wink.gif

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:
I never liked Jordan growing up either.

I liked Reggie Miller, Penny and Shawn Kemp.

ACBboyz84, I need the flame suit too cuz i agree with you

I respect you for not liking Jordan, but I will have to disagree with you also because Kobe was never better than Jordan, just compare their stats - regular season and playoffs (not including rings because rings are a team achievement although they are close anyway). 

I was and still a Jordan fan, but for some reason, I always preferred a Pippen jersey over a Jordan jersey and have both. I like Pippen and Jordan equally. I also like the guys you mentioned (especially Reggie Miller). The reason I like Reggie because he took the "villian" role and embraced it just like Jordan. I am also a huge Hakeem and Bird fan.

BTW, I do not want to turn this into a Kobe vs. Jordan thread
wink.gif

AJIIIpLATINum wrote:
I never liked Jordan growing up either.

I liked Reggie Miller, Penny and Shawn Kemp.

ACBboyz84, I need the flame suit too cuz i agree with you

I respect you for not liking Jordan, but I will have to disagree with you also because Kobe was never better than Jordan, just compare their stats - regular season and playoffs (not including rings because rings are a team achievement although they are close anyway). 

I was and still a Jordan fan, but for some reason, I always preferred a Pippen jersey over a Jordan jersey and have both. I like Pippen and Jordan equally. I also like the guys you mentioned (especially Reggie Miller). The reason I like Reggie because he took the "villian" role and embraced it just like Jordan. I am also a huge Hakeem and Bird fan.

BTW, I do not want to turn this into a Kobe vs. Jordan thread
wink.gif

I was not a fan of him when he played the Lakers, and I also thought he was taking all the shine from Scottie Pippen, who was one of my favorite players. Then, when he left and exposed Scottie as a guy who couldn't be "the man," I wasn't so ignorant and MJ won me over with his skills and absolute domination.

I was not a fan of him when he played the Lakers, and I also thought he was taking all the shine from Scottie Pippen, who was one of my favorite players. Then, when he left and exposed Scottie as a guy who couldn't be "the man," I wasn't so ignorant and MJ won me over with his skills and absolute domination.

HUGE knicks fan growing up... had a love/hate feeling for MJ... hated what he did to the Knicks, but loved the fact that no matter the score you knew deep down inside that somehow/someway he was gonna come up with the win (gotta respect his game)

**plus his shoes was beyond fashion. it was a statement on the streets of "knowing what's up"

HUGE knicks fan growing up... had a love/hate feeling for MJ... hated what he did to the Knicks, but loved the fact that no matter the score you knew deep down inside that somehow/someway he was gonna come up with the win (gotta respect his game)

**plus his shoes was beyond fashion. it was a statement on the streets of "knowing what's up"

I was a big Reggie & Penny fan growing up, but I still liked Jordan. I just appreciated his game, drive, & winning. ( & shoes
laugh.gif
) But I could understand how fans of certain teams wouldn't like him...

I was a big Reggie & Penny fan growing up, but I still liked Jordan. I just appreciated his game, drive, & winning. ( & shoes
laugh.gif
) But I could understand how fans of certain teams wouldn't like him...

wink.gif

laugh.gif
 Maybe

You're 22 and a Reggie Miller fan, how's that work out? Also, didn't Kobe defeat Reggie's Pacers in 2000? Are you a Kobe fan too or is your sig more of a statement to Heat fans? 

Back
Top Bottom