Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would really like stan van to be our coach. Saw most of the game last night. Our interior D was non-existent

I like Randy Wittman, but he's taken the team about as far as he can. If the FO is serious about this team becoming more competitive (and the increased season ticket prices next year are a possible indicator of that), then they absolutely need an upgrade at coach and at GM. We need a GM with foresight and a coach who is better at X's/O's, amongst other things. Coaching alone has cost this team about 6-7 wins this year. That's obviously the difference between being a few games over .500 and what we're currently looking at. Wittman is not the long-term answer. There is enough talent on this roster to lure a quality coach in to DC.

I have a feeling we are going to have a terrible 2nd half

I hope I'm wrong

I fear the same thing, we just can't be consistent to save our lives. Athleticism up front has really become a glaring weakness of this team, and free throw shooting :x I literally expect Nene to miss every time he's at the line

Another rental?  Just how much are we prepared to sacrifice for the honor of losing in the first round of the playoffs?

Jameer's deal expires at the end of the year - unless somebody's stupid enough to pick up his $8 million team option for next season.  Just sign somebody from the d league, send Maynor down to the d league, and tell his agent that he'll spend the next year of his life riding Greyhounds throughout the midwest if he doesn't decline his player option.  Go out and have a competent GM sign a real backup this summer.  

Tired of Ernie stacking band aids on band aids on band aids.... 

And let's face it:  Randy is awful.  Ask anyone to explain why this team is being outclassed by Chicago's outcasts in the East - or by Toronto for that matter.  It isn't a talent disparity.

The book is out on the Wizards.  Cleveland made ONE adjustment against us and wound up dominating that game.  They attacked the basket.  It's that simple.  

Solid showing by us in the first half.  We let Atlanta cut into the lead a bit, but we're still up by 11. 

This is one of the worst coached teams I have ever seen. The Wizards cannot maintain a lead because Wittman's system is built around taking low percentage shots. We blow big leads every game and Wittman stands there watching without calling a timeout :smh:

Last edited:
We should coast to the finish.  John Wall has ran the screen and roll beautifully in the fourth.

That was a must-win, good W. But the way we played for stretches of that game didn't make me very happy. Hawks are undermanned and will probably freefall for the rest of the season.

I still don't feel like we play at a high enough level to compete with Toronto and Chicago, at this point those teams should be our benchmark.

Probably going to be stuck with Randy for another year before someone realizes a better coach makes this team a contender in the EAST. No real reason the Wiz shouldn't be the 3rd best team in the east this season. The next two seasons, in the front office, could take this team one of two ways, chronically mediocre(ala Hawks) or emerging title contender(ala Pacers) The pieces are coming together....

That's a lot though for just Andre Miller. 2 second round picks, Vesley, and Maynor. Got rid of some baggage, but not the best deal if you ask me.

That's a lot though for just Andre Miller. 2 second round picks, Vesley, and Maynor. Got rid of some baggage, but not the best deal if you ask me.
Yeah especially considering he's nearing the end of his lengthy career. I was a fan of the trade until I saw 2 second round picks, not sure what to think now.

Last edited:

Yeah especially considering he's nearing the end of his lengthy career. I was a fan of the trade until I saw 2 second round picks, not sure what to think now.
Yup those pics are a killer. But if Ernie stays not like those picks matter anyway. Your 6th pick from a few years ago is now a 37 year old point guard....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom