Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just a defense vs offense match up really. Bulls can't score, wiz can might it up. Main problem is, as we all know, defense trumps O during a long series

Its not going to be easy.

They really lock up. If we play the role of jump shooting team, we're in trouble.

Not saying yall not a threat to my bulls you definitely are but please stop gassing your self up off the 2-1 regular season.... You beat us twice in a week right after the Deng Trade, were not that same team

Not saying yall not a threat to my bulls you definitely are but please stop gassing your self up off the 2-1 regular season.... You beat us twice in a week right after the Deng Trade, were not that same team

Since you're adding qualifiers, I'll do the same. One game was a blowout and the other we won w/ Nene going 3-15 from the floor. The time you beat us, Nene was on the shelf. No one is gassing ****.

Last edited:
Personally, I think this is the most even series out of all the East matchups. City/team bias aside, I don't think there is any way you can automatically pencil in either the Bulls/Wizards as a sure bet to advance. It could go either way. I said Wizards in 6 because it's my squad. I wouldn't call it any other way.

One thing I want to see is an absolutely locked in John Wall. He has a tendency to take opposing PGs (who aren't stars) lightly. He needs to be all over Augustin's ***. Make his life a living hell. No joke.

Good to see everyone confident going into the series vs Chicago. I would have much, much rather preferred to play the Raptors. I just don't have a good feeling about playing the Bulls. The Bulls are overachievers with great coaching, hustle, and defense.

Good to see everyone confident going into the series vs Chicago. I would have much, much rather preferred to play the Raptors. I just don't have a good feeling about playing the Bulls. The Bulls are overachievers with great coaching, hustle, and defense.
I'm glad we got Chicago. Their defense is great, but they simply cannot score the basketball.. DJ Augustin is their leading scorer at 13ppg. The Raptors have a better offense AND a better defense than we do, there's no advantage we have on them and they owned us in the season series.

I'd rather take my chances with the #27 ranked offense and hope they go cold for a few games, eventually the lack of a go-to scorer will catch up to them. We have the talent and offensive firepower to beat them. Just not sure we have the coach, but that remains to be seen..

Last edited:
RE: John Wall Shooting

Man, I was playing 2K and I was looking at John Wall's 3PT numbers for his career. Good GOD look at his Lockout year man. The dude was 3/42. That is wild man. I honestly feel like I could have done that. That is amazing. I still think he shoots too many "I need to prove to everyone I can shoot" jumpers. No reason he should be taking 300 threes man.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/walljo01.html

Interesting fact.

John Wall and Kyrie Irving shot virtually the same from deep.

Wall - .351 (308 attempts)
Irving - .358 (344 attempts)

Stunned by this Hawks - Indiana game. You might have been right them jjs07 jjs07 :lol:

michael-jordan-shrug-o.gif

If there is anything to be learned from day one of the playoffs, is that homecourt advantage hasn't meant **** :lol:

Apparently Nene is still on "minutes restriction".. :stoneface: I'm so sick of that dude man

I wanna be confident, but the truth is that we've been complaining about Wittman and his offense all year and I don't see things suddenly getting better. The Wizards have caught some teams off guard this year in the regular season, but honestly in a 7-game series our offensive scheme is really easy to stop, especially knowing that Wittman is someone who is set in his ways and can't adjust. We aren't gonna win a playoff series shooting long twos.. :smh:

That said, I'm confident in our PLAYERS especially guys like Ariza, Gortat, Miller who have playoff experience and know how to come up big. Let's get it :pimp:

Last edited:
Yessir! Great win tonight. Nene and Gortat handled their business. Andre Miller played well too.

First off....EXCELLENT coaching by Wittman. He was smart about rotations.

Down 13, and there was no panic. Team slowly chipped away at the lead and played elite defense in the 2nd half.

What was encouraging is that this team showed that they can win even with Wall/Beal having **** games. That's encouraging going forward because I expect both of those guys to be better.

I think both Wall/Beal didn't know what to expect. Glad they got this win under their belts so they can come out with a different approach to game 2. Hopefully a little calmer.

Proud of the guys....keep it going!! :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom