Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
With LeBron and Bosh resting, we shouldn't have a ton of trouble against Miami if we start off well.

:pimp: Man I love to see us handling the Heat like this AT HOME, especially before the playoffs... all those bandwagoners can eat a ****, don't even bother showing up to our playoff games

This is how you take care of a business against an underhanded team

:pimp: Man I love to see us handling the Heat like this AT HOME, especially before the playoffs... all those bandwagoners can eat a ****, don't even bother showing up to our playoff games

Exactly! That was light work for the team. Personally, I wish that Charlotte would have lost so we could wrap up the 6th seed and rest our guys vs. Boston. I would LOVE to see what Otto could have done getting 25+ minutes vs. the Celtics.

Saw a stat that this Wizards team will have the 3rd best record in franchise history over the past 25 years :wow:

Another thing...I was warming up to the idea of having Monroe over Gortat, but not anymore. We have to re-sign him. He's TOO good, and just a great fit for this team.

I'm probably going to wait for games 3 or 4 at home (if necessary).

any idea when these go on sale to the public? we aren't used to this stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know stubhub has them up already.

Exactly! That was light work for the team. Personally, I wish that Charlotte would have lost so we could wrap up the 6th seed and rest our guys vs. Boston. I would LOVE to see what Otto could have done getting 25+ minutes vs. the Celtics.

Saw a stat that this Wizards team will have the 3rd best record in franchise history over the past 25 years :wow:

Another thing...I was warming up to the idea of having Monroe over Gortat, but not anymore. We have to re-sign him. He's TOO good, and just a great fit for this team.
Agree on Gortat, I've been saying the same thing. It seemed like he was half-$&^ng it at the beginning of the year (or maybe just wasn't comfortable yet), but down the stretch he really stepped up and has honestly been our best player in a lot of games. He's been huge for Wall's development as well, he helped him become a very competent p&r point guard which we hadn't seen from John prior to this year.

I wouldn't mind overpaying a little to keep Gortat, as long as it's 3 years or less seeing as he's already 30. Bogut got 3 years/$36, if Gortat signs for a little less I'll be fine. He's an above average center with a skillset that fits the team, he loves being in DC (the international political connections are huge for him, as he plans on pursuing a political career in Poland post-retirement), he's been fairly durable for us.. why not lock him up so we don't have to worry about the C position for the next few years

Last edited:
Almost no choice but to re sign Gortat....gave up a 1st rounder for him, and probly wont be any better options if you let him go...only thing that sucks is how inflated the market for C's are since its just a few good ones :smh:

"I think the Gilbert factor cannot be discounted. While John is an incredible player, Gilbert had an aura between about 2005-2007 that literally enraptured fans, media, everyone. He was a showman off the floor and a stone-cold competitor on it. John connects with fans and is even more concerned about his legacy as a player. But he hasn’t become that persona nationally yet that Gilbert became."

Anybody read this from Mike Wise? Thoughts?

If John Wall wants to connect wit the CITY, he needs to come to the Goodman. That is a big reason why we had so much love for Gil man. And the article is right, GIl had this city on fire.

This wasn't the first day but that first day Gil was down there was wild. Never see anything like it. And I was pissed that the Wizards just turned their backs on him. Yea he did what he did, stupid, but we never got a chance to tell that man we appreciate what he did. He needs to make his return.

Very well said by mike wise. I honestly don't know how to compare the two nor do i really think they need to be compared. John seems like a good dude on and off the court.

Hibachi in 05-07 though :nthat:

You also need to take into consideration that the Caps bandwagon had not started up, the Nats had no buzz, and the Skins were the Skins. That helped with the attention that Gil and the Wizards were getting from DC. Wall doesn't need to play at the Goodman for the city to love him. He just needs to prove on a national stage (aka, the playoffs) that he's arrived. Trust me...IF this team can somehow either make a series out of their round 1 match up, OR win and advance....Wall will get the love he deserves.

Last edited:
Call me crazy but I think Gilbert was the best athlete this city has had in the last 20+ years.... Not saying John Wall cant get there

Never will forget the 60 piece nugget he put on against Kobe and the Lakers in LA.

I think Gilbert just has a way to connect with the people. Gilbert immersed himself INTO the city. John Wall hasn't really made his rounds yet when it comes to being in the community. That stuff matters man. All of the things Gil did for DCPS says a lot about him as a person. I just would like to see John Wall's face out in the community a little more. But let me say, he very well could be doing things and I don't see/hear about them. So if you know about things he has done, I apologize.

I miss Gilbert man. I know it has been a few years but that was my dude man.

Call me crazy but I think Gilbert was the best athlete this city has had in the last 20+ years.... Not saying John Wall cant get there

Never will forget the 60 piece nugget he put on against Kobe and the Lakers in LA.

Ovechkin is a 3x MVP....

I think Gilbert just has a way to connect with the people. Gilbert immersed himself INTO the city. John Wall hasn't really made his rounds yet when it comes to being in the community. That stuff matters man. All of the things Gil did for DCPS says a lot about him as a person. I just would like to see John Wall's face out in the community a little more. But let me say, he very well could be doing things and I don't see/hear about them. So if you know about things he has done, I apologize.

I miss Gilbert man. I know it has been a few years but that was my dude man.

Wall donated 1 mil to local charities shortly after the ink dried on his contract extension. He's out there doing things (for good), man. Professionally, you couldn't ask for a better man to be the face of the franchise.

I loved Gil when he was here, but he's forgotten for a reason.

Ovechkin is a 3x MVP....
Wall donated 1 mil to local charities shortly after the ink dried on his contract extension. He's out there doing things (for good), man. Professionally, you couldn't ask for a better man to be the face of the franchise.

Prime non injured Gilbert or Prime Ovechkin? who you gonna pick?

Ovechkin is a 3x MVP....

Prime non injured Gilbert or Prime Ovechkin? who you gonna pick?

i think you have to take Ovechkin. He is a 3x MVP sport bias aside...do you want some one considered the best player in thier respective sport 3 times? Or a 3 time all star (i think right :lol:)

But idk if anyone saw the john wall thing with niki minaj. Where a little girl had cancer and lost her hair and really wanted to meet niki and get a pink wig from her. And he got it all together and niki met the girl gave her a wig and got a signed jersey from John

Last edited:
It is always fun to think back on the good times man. :smokin

My man said this a while back.
sallimo, on 20 Dec 2010 - 12:59 PM, said:

I will never forget the first time Gil came to the farms.

It wasnt announced. It was a Goodman League Finals game...RE was playing some team..I wanna say that team named after that lady...ANYWAY....Game 1....late in the game...I see Gilbert Arenas walk through the gate. (I WAS IN THE Uptown and "REAL NORTHEST" SECTION behind the basket) LOL

So I say "AYE thats Gil!"....seconds later....PEOPLE START SCREAMING...he jogs through the crowd...and I lose sight of him...

A few minutes later he is standing behind the bench..kinda moving around....next thing I know he comes from behind the crowd...near the bench..throws on a Jersey...and goes to the scorer's table...

The crowd starts going BEZERK!

Big John hears the whistle blow and as soon as Gil checks in he plays...

Miles says something to the effect of "Superman is ON the premises for the wickedest band alive...they are pulling out ALL the strings".

Thats a moment that I will never forget....Folks thought that would be his only appearance...he showed up for Games 2 AND 3......he pulled up in a Range Rover...with a HOODIE on the next day (Game 2) for warmups...the hood over his head...and its NINETY DEGREES OUTSIDE...

he stayed after the game and signed autographs...and kept coming back down every since.

And lets not even talk about the 25th Birthday party....

i think you have to take Ovechkin. He is a 3x MVP sport bias aside...do you want some one considered the best player in thier respective sport 3 times? Or a 3 time all star (i think right
laugh.gif
)

But idk if anyone saw the john wall thing with niki minaj. Where a little girl had cancer and lost her hair and really wanted to meet niki and get a pink wig from her. And he got it all together and niki met the girl gave her a wig and got a signed jersey from John
I may be bias, but I'm still taking Gilbert.  3 MVP's are nice but you want Ovechkin just on that? You would take him over Demarcus Cousins??? Blake Griffin??? Melo??? Love??? Shoot Durant doesn't have any MVP'S (That should change soon) but you're taking Ovechkin over him

Are you taking Cristiano Ronaldo on DC United over John Wall on the Wizards?

I may be bias, but I'm still taking Gilbert.  3 MVP's are nice but you want Ovechkin just on that? You would take him over Demarcus Cousins??? Blake Griffin??? Melo??? Love??? Shoot Durant doesn't have any MVP'S (That should change soon) but you're taking Ovechkin over him

Put it this way...it was debatable (at a time) that Ovechkin was the best hockey player in the world. Not just the NHL...but the world. He has NUMEROUS all-star bids to go with the individual hardware (MVPs). It's not even arguable to me as to who the best athlete in the city has been over the past 20 years. It's Ovechkin, hands down. On top of it all, if Ovechkin retired today...he's a sure-bet HOFer.

While Gil was a star, he was never on Ovechkin's level within his respective sport.

*edit*

Speaking of Gil's 25th b-day...yall can buy Dream/Club Love if you want. Place is up for sale :lol: :smh:

Probably gonna be torn down for condos. :lol:

Last edited:

Put it this way...it was debatable (at a time) that Ovechkin was the best hockey player in the world. Not just the NHL...but the world. He has NUMEROUS all-star bids to go with the individual hardware (MVPs). It's not even arguable to me as to who the best athlete in the city has been over the past 20 years. It's Ovechkin, hands down. On top of it all, if Ovechkin retired today...he's a sure-bet HOFer.

While Gil was a star, he was never on Ovechkin's level within his respective sport.

*edit*

Speaking of Gil's 25th b-day...yall can buy Dream/Club Love if you want. Place is up for sale :lol: :smh:

Probably gonna be torn down for condos. :lol:
Whole time i thought Club Love been closed :lol: ...last time i went was in like 06 and it was live, ended up smashing 2 VA joints from there :pimp:

I don't know if you guys are aware, but we have a very real chance at the 5th seed going into tonight

Brooklyn is resting their starters against CLE (probably so they can get a young Raptors team instead of the Bulls, and then Miami second round)

If BKN loses that game and we handle business against the Celtics, we're 5th seed likely facing Chicago (unless Toronto loses to the Melo-less Knicks)

I don't know if you guys are aware, but we have a very real chance at the 5th seed going into tonight

Brooklyn is resting their starters against CLE (probably so they can get a young Raptors team instead of the Bulls, and then Miami second round)

If BKN loses that game and we handle business against the Celtics, we're 5th seed likely facing Chicago (unless Toronto loses to the Melo-less Knicks)
also if u lose and bobcats win u fall 7th and bobcats go 6th and you face the heat. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom