Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gil was truly a man of the people. He always tried to stay connected through things like his award-winning blog which was pure comedy and just his overall accessibility, coming off as a down to earth guy. My friends who worked for a moving company for a summer job actually moved him out of his place last summer. He wasn't home, but he left them all a box of his jerseys that they could take. I probably would have ended up with one, but somehow the box got misplaced.

It does seem like no one wants to face Chicago and I'm conflicted about what to think. They're hot right now, but the Wiz have had success against them especially compared to other Eastern Conference playoff teams.

Would be funny if the Wizards got the 5th seed. Just because nobody picked that option in the OG poll.

I don't know if you guys are aware, but we have a very real chance at the 5th seed going into tonight

Brooklyn is resting their starters against CLE (probably so they can get a young Raptors team instead of the Bulls, and then Miami second round)

If BKN loses that game and we handle business against the Celtics, we're 5th seed likely facing Chicago (unless Toronto loses to the Melo-less Knicks)
also if u lose and bobcats win u fall 7th and bobcats go 6th and you face the heat. 
Yep. But we're playing the tanking Celtics and the Bobcats are playing the Bulls.

Ainge is running a tight ship, he's got the Celtics tank in full form.. I wanna see a 20+ point win and Porter should get some PT:

Rajon Rondo (sore L hamstring), Sullinger (sore L ankle), Bayless (sore R knee) and Humphries (sore R knee) all will not play tonight

Last edited:
Handling business like we're supposed to so far :pimp:

Currently all the standings are working out in our favor to get 5th seed. Brooklyn is playing their scrubs against Cleveland, they're basically conceding it

We have a game on our hands, for now anyway.  But I'd be content with either the 5th or 6th seed.

:lol: seems no one predicted the 5 seed on this poll at the beginning of the season.

just to think we could've had 50 wins as well with some better coaching.

proud of this team!

Good stuff
smokin.gif

I hope our defense shows up in the playoffs. I am really hoping for a good series. I think wall will need to step up as a scorer. Jimmy Butler is an excellent defender and im assuming he will be on Beal. Hopefully we get Nene or Gortat going and get Noah into some foul trouble.

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago is probably the best possible match up for us no? Don't think we'd advance but I definitely think we make this a series.

Chicago is probably the best possible match up for us no? Don't think we'd advance but I definitely think we make this a series.

Chicago is going to be a TOUGH matchup....but we did go 2-1 vs. them in the regular season.

Going w/ the Wizards in 6. Yup.

Honestly, no matter what happens with this group in the playoffs, they well exceeded my expectations. 44 wins and a 5th seed? I don't care what people say about the East...I don't think there were any of us who saw this coming. So proud of this group. We finally have a good group of guys on the roster from the starters to the 12th guy on the bench. The FO just has to make sure that they do what they can to keep improving.

:pimp:

Chicago was the matchup I was hoping for..rather much play them than the Heat or Toronto.

just copped tickets off Stubhub for Game 4 on Sunday the 27th. Had some decent seats in my cart (section 202) and then the seller upped the price at the last minute :smh::smh: .. should have copped last night.

but I got some decent ones in section 225.

The wizards need to win and win fast. Their flash in the pan spurts need to be optimized now. They don't fair well in grind out games. I got them winning in 6 with 2 games being blow out loses.

Last edited:
Any of y'all planning on going to any games? I'll most likely be there next Sunday for Game 4..

I really want to take pops to a game. We've literally watched almost every game together.

Chicago should be an interesting match, but I agree we need to win early.

I have the Wizards in 6 as well, homerisms aside. Not foolish to think that at all.

We have a great chance of beating this Bulls squad.

I have the Wizards in 6 as well, homerisms aside. Not foolish to think that at all.

We have a great chance of beating this Bulls squad.

Exactly...this team matches up well vs. the Bulls. 2-1 during the regular season.

I'm not so much worried about our players, but moreso about Randy making the right adjustments and gameplan to get it done in the playoffs.

Speaking of Randy...IF this team advances to round 2, there would probably be a 90% chance he's going to get an extension. In addition...if Ted's loyalty to GMGM is a sign of anything (17 years w/ the Caps), then EG might be back as well. You want team success, but it will come at a price. Definition of a Catch-22.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom